Braavos is on TV, but still WoW is not in sight.

TheBadboy

a lot of people seem to assume a dream of spring will take as long as the other books and that's not the case GRRM has everything set up for dream and by that point things will just fall into place

Either that, or the book will outgrow itself again and we'll end up with 8 books. Don't cheat yourself, it can happen.

I'm hoping for a kill bill approach, where the material is released within a very short time frame. It will take longer for it to come out, but Atleast it comes out before the shows overlapping the books.

Some thoughts:

1. Nothing we've seen from Littlefinger in the trailers is anything that didn't happen in Storm. In fact, his quote from the newest trailer is directly lifted from the third book when Sansa gets on the boat with him.

2. The Titan of Braavos may be making an appearance in Stannis' storyline rather than Arya's. It's confirmed that he's going there to meet with the Iron Bank. If that's the case, it will certainly be earlier than episode eight since he has somewhere to be in episode nine.

3. I think it's more likely that Feast and Dance will be about a season and a half, with the major events from the early portions of Winds happening in the back half of season six.

1. Sansa has 1 chapter between Lysa and The boat. Just one!

So you are saying they are just going to fillers with these from the 3rd till the 10th episode.

And in Feast also it's only 3 chapters!!!

That too the most useless Sansa chapters, the show can't involve all Royce and all the Vale houses!!! And I have no idea what LF is going to teach her for more than 10 episodes -_-

2. I said it's rumored that it is going to feature in 8th Episode, and as if it is 8th episode, it has to Arya and not Stannis like you yourself pointed out

it's already been what 4 years

yes four years to write a book that's main job is to set up the last book. ok it goes like this a the first book set up the story then next 3/4 furthered the story and TWoW is going to set up the last book like someone sets up dominos once their set up you just need to knock the first one down and everything else follows quickly

exactly there's so many new characters and plots that they'll have to take their time to make them satisfying

Or they'll just significantly cut down the new characters, or even eliminate them altogether. The show is going 8 seasons max, so they don't really have the time to drag out the story as it was done in Feast and Dance.

So you are saying they are just going to fillers with these from the 3rd till the 10th episode.

That too the most useless Sansa chapters, the show can't involve all Royce and all the Vale houses!!! And I have no idea what LF is going to teach her for more than 10 episodes -_-

your assuming she's going to be in every episode there isn't a single character whose in every episode I see the show focussing on two or three characters an episode to actually build characters we care about and how could they not include the Royce's and other vale houses it's one of sensas big lessons

Don't forget all the new POV characters that pop up, Iron Islands and Dorne, surely they will have to do some of that. And Sams voyage should take a good bit of time.

Either Dorne or Kingsmoot is getting axed surely!

Cant bring 6-8 new characters all of a sudden in a completely different setting.

Sam's journey will take the same amount of time it took from Crasters to wall.Totally insignificant

Or they'll just significantly cut down the new characters, or even eliminate them altogether. The show is going 8 seasons max, so they don't really have the time to drag out the story as it was done in Feast and Dance.

you don't know that their only going to do 8 seasons and like I said TWoW will probably be two season because of the shear cost of doing the battles in it not to mention the ship battle on the shield islands. the battle for the black water cost most of the shows yearly budget for one battle do you think they put so many big battles in one season

exactly there's so many new characters and plots that they'll have to take their time to make them satisfying

They didn't take their time to make the BWB satisfying, why should they bother with the ironborn or Dorne? Might be they'll butcher these severely to fit it all in one season. Ex: they can cut out Quentyn's character and have someone else release the dragons. That'll save a lot of his travelling time.

2. I said it's rumored that it is going to feature in 8th Episode, and as if it is 8th episode, it has to Arya and not Stannis like you yourself pointed out

There is no way in hell that the storyline in the Vale doesn't end with Lysa flying out the moon door. So yes, there will be invented scenes in the Vale most likely a wedding hwere they can introduce the Lords Declarant to the story.

They didn't take their time to make the BWB satisfying, why should they bother with the ironborn or Dorne? Might be they'll butcher these severely to fit it all in one season. Ex: they can cut out Quentyn's character and have someone else release the dragons. That'll save a lot of his travelling time.

there will be obvious re precautions for Quentin's death and they will affect the story when Dany gets to westeros so they can't really cut him out also dorne will play a big part in Aegons story so they can't be cut either I honestly think you just want these things to happen so you can complain

Braavos is on TV because Stannis is going to the Iron Bank rather than them coming to him. I think the shelter Bran finds is likely to be the village where they stop and eat some man flesh. I think the can easily drag Theon's story out over 3 or 3 series, he easily has the most interesting stuff happen in his ADWD chapters. LF doesn't train Sansa that much even in AFFC so I can imagine they will add a bit more in the show, the question with Sansa's story is when does Lysa's death occur because that is her story relies on the training theme much more..

Dany needs to get into Meereen before the actual harpy plot kicks off, I don't think that Meereen will be wrapped up this series. Rather the cities she has conqured will fall into ruin, the Harpy will be just start killing people, Drogon will eat someone and the series will end down for Dany. The next series will be Dany actually trying to bring peace to Meereen, Quentyn arriving, Dany flying off and the Battle for Meereen (which should have been in ADWD anyway).

I'm not too concerned yet. I actually think they may want the series to catch up with the books so the show watchers and readers can't spoil each other so much. It wouldn't surprise me if ADOS is released just before the last series starts.

you don't know that their only going to do 8 seasons and like I said TWoW will probably be two season because of the shear cost of doing the battles in it not to mention the ship battle on the shield islands. the battle for the black water cost most of the shows yearly budget for one battle do you think they put so many big battles in one season

Yea, it might not be 8 seasons, it might only be 7.

D&D have routinely said over the past couple of years that they're aiming for 7 to 8 seasons. This is further confirmed in the latest article on WiC.net.

Archived