Is Tyrek Lannister being kept by Varys?

Tyrek is not important enough to have a story point other than being a Lannister. and at this point in the story there would be no time to develop him as a character.

Who says he can't get the same treatment Aegon got in DWD? The latter was only seen through a handful of chapters, and is now a major player in the game. All it would take is a few POV's interacting with Tyrek to make him important enough to notice.

I've always suspected that Tyrek just ran for the hills, so to speak, during the riot. He was obviously unhappy. In retrospect, he shouldn't have been THAT unhappy, but really, look at it from his point of view. He gets sent to Kings Landing with his cousin Lancel. Lancel gets to sleep with Cersei and gets knighted and he gets married off to a baby and teased incessantly about it. He may have just taken matters into his own hands, not realizing how lucky he was in comparison to his cousin anyway. Hell, maybe he asked Varys for help.

I can't see how Casterly Rock goes to Martyn when Cersei, Tommen and Myrcella are all still alive

Male heirs of male lines come before female heirs.... Martyn and Tyrek (if he's alive, which I doubt) are above Cersei in succession for the rock any way you slice it. Tommen's king and isn't in line for Casterly Rock, anything that knocks him off the iron throne also knocks him off the rock list. a second son of tommen would be in line above Myrcella but that isn't going to happen, Gold thier crowns and gold thier shrouds and all that.

Martyn->Tyrek->Cersei->Myrcella->Genna->Tywin Frey->Willem Frey->Lyonal Frey->Red Walder-> no more known decendants.

more likely Jamie gets removed from his kingsguard oaths, or Tyrion comes back in play if some other side wins.

Lot of lands and titles stand to funnel to Genna Lannister and Emmon Frey's kids if you kill/depose the right people since they also hold riverrun right now.

Male heirs of male lines come before female heirs.... Martyn and Tyrek (if he's alive, which I doubt) are above Cersei in succession for the rock any way you slice it. Tommen's king and isn't in line for Casterly Rock, anything that knocks him off the iron throne also knocks him off the rock list. a second son of tommen would be in line above Myrcella but that isn't going to happen, Gold thier crowns and gold thier shrouds and all that.

Martyn->Tyrek->Cersei->Myrcella->Genna->Tywin Frey->Willem Frey->Lyonal Frey->Red Walder-> no more known decendants.

more likely Jamie gets removed from his kingsguard oaths, or Tyrion comes back in play if some other side wins.

Lot of lands and titles stand to funnel to Genna Lannister and Emmon Frey's kids if you kill/depose the right people since they also hold riverrun right now.

Martyn and Tyrek do not come before Cersei. Cersei may be Queen Regent, sort of at the end of ADWD, but she was also technically already the Lady of Casterly Rock. Only because Tommen is already King, otherwise, I expect it would have passed to him. With Jaime in the King's Guard and Tyrion an attainted regicide, Cersei already was the Lady of Casterly Rock. That's why she appointed one of her cousin's as castellan, refusing to appoint her Uncle Kevan since she was ticked off at him.

Alys Karstark inherits before her fathers uncle. The inheritance for Karhold goes from Rickard to his sons to Alys, and only if all of them are dead, will Karhold go to Rickards uncle, and next his uncle's sons.

Winterfell goes to Sansa (with Bran and Rickon presumed dead). Not to the first male cousin in the family tree, but to Sansa, because she's Ned's child.

Cersei has been specifically stated to be the Lady of Casterly Rock. Any inheritance of the Rock now goes through her.

About the bodies found by Arya in HoB&W:

As for the young man, being at the altar of the Stranger combined with the three golden dragons suggests he is from Westeros. One theory is that it is Tyrek Lannister who had curly hair, and likely had a handsome face. The candle is covering his corpse in a red glow akin to a Lannister cloak. He also also three golden dragons. The colors described are red and gold, Lannister colors, and the Lannisters are associated with gold.

I think Varys originally kidnapped to use as a puppet Lord of CR for Aegon, but that was before he helped Tyrion escape and join him. Tyrion has the best claim to CR after Tywin, better than Tyrek's, and he would be much more useful to Aegon than Tyrek could ever hope to be. So Varys found that he no longer needed Tyrek, and had him poisoned with his body sent to the HoBW where no one would recognize him.

In addition to this, Tyrek could be used to prove the murder of Robert by the Lannisters. After Varys decided to contiune with Tyrion, who already knows much about Robert's death, Tyrek became unnecessary. Besides, it is certain that Lancel confessed the strongwine plot to the High Sparrow (who I believe is a pet of Varys) as Cersei was charged with regicide too.

About the bodies found by Arya in HoB&W:

In addition to this, Tyrek could be used to prove the murder of Robert by the Lannisters. After Varys decided to contiune with Tyrion, who already knows much about Robert's death, Tyrek became unnecessary. Besides, it is certain that Lancel confessed the strongwine plot to the High Sparrow (who I believe is a pet of Varys) as Cersei was charged with regicide too.

Well, Tyrek's value certainly got less after Lancel stopped being Cersei and Tyrion's puppet. The chances he'll confess about Roberts death (or already has confessed) have gotten much bigger now that he has chosen the Faith over House Lannister.

While I still doubt that the man in the House of Black and White was Tyrek (if Varys needed to get rid of the body, why bring the poor boy all the way to Braavos? Dumping the body anywhere could have worked, he could even have had Tyrek burned; Sending anyone he needs to get rid of to Pentos, to Illyrio, would make more sense), without a doubts his usefullness has gotten less. The only way he can now still be used exclusively, is by making a claim to CR at the end of all the warring, in the case of Tyrion's death. Should Tyrion survive, Tyrions loyalty might be increased by Varys being able to present Tyrion with his long lost nephew.

Archived