Voting for the next ASOIAF Elimination Game

honeyed chicken

What's the guild of spices?

I have absolutely no idea.

the wiki page is here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Spice_King

and here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ancient_Guild_of_Spicers

the first paragraph of the first one says: "The Spice King is an extremely rich merchant in Qarth and a member of the Thirteen. The character was created specifically for the TV series and is played by Nicholas Blane. However in the books, there is an Ancient Guild of Spicers in the city of Qarth, that does not appear in the TV Series. Thus the Spice King is a composite character."

the first paragraph of the first one says: "The Spice King is an extremely rich merchant in Qarth and a member of the Thirteen. The character was created specifically for the TV series and is played by Nicholas Blane. However in the books, there is an Ancient Guild of Spicers in the city of Qarth, that does not appear in the TV Series. Thus the Spice King is a composite character."

Thanks!!

"But, but, but . . . ", he spluttered. :blink:

Proactive is good, but there is such a thing as getting the cart before the horse. In the past (which doesn't mean we have to keep doing it that way . . . ) we would go through a period of throwing out ideas and batting them back and forth. I think that process has produced some pretty good games.

:idea: I threw out out "character you'd most like to be" last time. Here's another: "character you would most (or least) like to have as your boss." Another: "most pitiful character".

Also in the past, Koba suggested "funniest moment". If we could come up with 30 that would be a great game.

I wouldn't mind playing character you'd most like to be. Or most pitiful character. But most hated character was my 'throw out there' idea & while I'm sure I'll have fun playing whatever we play & don't mind at all if my vote gets picked I still vote for most hated. For now.

I think we should always be open to new ideas so if anyone has any I think they should most definitely post them. Who knows maybe I'll change my vote :)

Lol voting is starting super early!

I'd like character you'd most like to be.

Or maybe family you'd most like to be part of? (I don't know if there's 30 options for that...)

That's a good one. Obviously there's the seven (I think it's seven) main houses/families: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Tyrell, Martell, Greyjoy, Baratheon? - do they qualify as a great house? You might actually want to stick to the minor houses/families or it becomes a Starkfest.

Or we could include the dire wolves and have a favorite Stark game. :P

eta

Least favorite Frey (excluding old Walder)?

That's a good one. Obviously there's the seven (I think it's seven) main houses/families: Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Tyrell, Martell, Greyjoy, Baratheon? - do they qualify as a great house? You might actually want to stick to the minor houses/families or it becomes a Starkfest.

eta

Hahaha good point. Most people would probably pick Stark, even though I wouldn't because they have quite the high mortality rate. :P If people were interested, I'm sure we could come up with 30 families.

There are a ton of Freys, but how many actually do enough to warrant hate? I mean, other than being a Frey, of course. I can only think of a few...

eta

I know we have enough Targaryens, and I beleive I made a list of them. It should be somewhere in this thread.

I was reading the old thread & saw best relationship. I think that could be fun as we could include any type of pairing not just romantic ones.

Or a Best King & Queen not as 2 separate games but each entry would have 1 King & 1 Queen. We could pair together unlikely couples like Arya & Stannis...

I looked at the most hated list and it seems like it should be retitled most evil character. It seems like that was the intent of the list.

Well it wasn't the intent of the list but when I made the list I was under the impression that I had to narrow it down to 30 on my own. So I naturally narrowed it by keeping the most evil characters thinking they would be the most hated. If we play that game I would suggest starting over with a whole new list.

ETA: I just read through the list again & there are several people on the list I don't consider to be evil at all let alone the most evil... I must've paid more attention to who seems to get the most hate from posters in the forums than I originally thought. Still the list would most definitely need lots of tweaking.

Archived