What would you do if you were Lyanna's sibling?

Kiporman

I would hate her for the rest of my life and I think even she would hate herself for the rest of her life also all of the smallfolk would hate her too.I would send her away from the westeros I would send her money to live a good life but I wouldn't won't her near me or my family(If she went willingly).If she was kidnapped I would protect her and I would decorate her room with Targeryan heads, I would let her choose her own husband and I would be super protective over her(If she lived).

I would have done exactly the same thing Ned did with her son.

I thought that I was bloodthirsty. By thinking that the Boltons and Freys deserved a Rains of Casterman for their crimes. This is your sister people and some of you want to rip her tongue out! Talk about an overreaction. OR how bout separating her from her children or child, that's just harsh.

Anyways, I'd be super pissed that my sister and her asshole of a husband just started a war that killed thousands, our father and brother. That she didn't even have the thought to send a raven or letter letting us know she was okay.

If she lived she and her child have to go overseas. Westeros is nolonger their home and I couldn't stand to see jon end up like Aegon. Nor do I think my sister would want that to happen to her son. So she has to go.

If she's dead, Jon goes to Howland Reed to be raised and later fostered at Winterfell under the guise of being Reeds.

The "truth", in this case, is the hypotetical that I pointed all in my post...

I just don't see the point in discussing hypothetical of this much importance. This honestly all just seems like another Lyanna Hate thread in disguise, and Lyanna hate to me is unwarranted and too easily veers into semi-sexist territory.

1. I'd respect her choice of not choosing to be a brood mare for Robert

2. Make sure my nephew is safe, for one.

3. Back home to Winterfell. Robert has no "right" to her. She is no slave. And he's proven how monstrous he is at this point so let him have the Lannister cunt.

I thought that I was bloodthirsty. By thinking that the Boltons and Freys deserved a Rains of Casterman for their crimes. This is your sister people and some of you want to rip her tongue out! Talk about an overreaction. OR how bout separating her from her children or child, that's just harsh.

Anyways, I'd be super pissed that my sister and her asshole of a husband just started a war that killed thousands, our father and brother. That she didn't even have the thought to send a raven or letter letting us know she was okay.

If she lived she and her child have to go overseas. Westeros is nolonger their home and I couldn't stand to see jon end up like Aegon. Nor do I think my sister would want that to happen to her son. So she has to go.

If she's dead, Jon goes to Howland Reed to be raised and later fostered at Winterfell under the guise of being Reeds.

Well you are thinking right about somethings but whether she lives or dies child had to be under my wings.First reason this child is a threat to me and all Weswteros so noone including him not knowing who he is better for him and sending them to overseas can turn out pretty bad no matter how much money you give or how much trusted knights you send there is noone safer for that child then your side.It seems cruel to seperate a mother from her child I know and if this was any other child I wouldn't seperate them but this child is a potential cause for another war he is both Targeryan and Stark so who can assure me that Targeryan loyalist like Dorne and Tyrells and maybe some Northern houses like Boltons and as far as we saw most noble houses tend to shift their alliance if they smell a profit in it, they can start another war.Best place for everyones safety this boy needs to be by my side so even if they won't use him for throne maybe someone like Bolton can seduce him with promise of power and then he can even become a threat to my family.

About people being too harsh on Lyanna I think you are missing the point if she went willingly then she put everyone at risk with knowing that the results of her actions cannot be predicted this is not a normal powerless house her house is maybe the eldest great house, her house is controling a region that is as big as half of 7K and also her husband to be is a man whose house words are "ours is the fury".I wouldn't kill her or maim her but if she wasn't my sister I would probably do those things because because of her love story thousand have died my father and brother died horrificly, I was forced into marrying someone and I probably lost the chance to be with the love of my life, on top of that 4 honorable man(my best friends) got killed trying to save her and after all of that she says she went willingly,, I mean I would have either gone insane or killed her at sight(I think Ned went insane for a little bit because he doesn't remember much).

I just don't see the point in discussing hypothetical of this much importance. This honestly all just seems like another Lyanna Hate thread in disguise, and Lyanna hate to me is unwarranted and too easily veers into semi-sexist territory.

3. Back home to Winterfell. Robert has no "right" to her. She is no slave. And he's proven how monstrous he is at this point so let him have the Lannister cunt.

Robert thing is her decision and I won't force her to go through with it and after Lannister business I wouldn't won't it even if she did( I am not saying I wouldn't allow it forever but I would give Robert to understand the wrongs he did and Lyanna to process all she exprienced).

I was the evil Stark!

My father is dead.
My oldest brother is dead.
My older brother Ned suffer from some terribly quick and mortal disease (cough! poisonous mushrooms cough!) and unfortunately die...
My dear youngest brother Benjen goes to an honourable (hah!) life in the Night's Watch).
My younger sister is still alive, i present her to Robert and tell my king that she was still suffering because what evil Rhaegar did to her.

Ah... almost forgot: the baby didn't resist... what a pity! Heh!Heh!

Now, im going to invite my friend Roose to some hunting in the Wolfswood. Bye!

Well, I don't blame you for thinking that this is another "Lyanna hate", since I can see how one may think that. However, that is really not my focus here. This hypothetical in particular is, IMO, pratically semi-cannon, considering the amount of analysis and thought that went into it. That Lyanna ran with Rhaegar, that Rhaegar built the ToJ, that she was Jon's mother... all of this have pretty damn strong cases. They may be hypothetical, but it's almost as it is cannon.

Futhermore, I don't want to bash Lyanna. Rather than that, I want to see how people would react. I mean, it is one thing to analyse things from outside, as a spectator, but being inside? Whole another thing. And that is what I want. I want people to pretend that they are part of this. To pretend that they went through all of this, to pretend that Lyanna was their sister, to pretend all happened. I want to know how much we differ from each other, just as well as I wanna know how much we are similar. That, to me, is one of the most interesting things to see.

I want to know how much we differ from each other, just as well as I wanna know how much we are similar. That, to me, is one of the most interesting things to see.

Actually that's a pretty good aim... I love disagreeing with people so yeah, I guess this is cool. :cheers:

What do you think of her?

If Lyanna's alive:

It's a combination between B ("A pitiable woman that was driven into a spiral of chaos...") and C ("a bitch/brat who caused a war that claimed many lives"). One part of me will acknowledge and would constantly try to remind myself that Lyanna's a teenager (or woman-child, according to Westerosi standards) who didn't know better and couldn't at all predict that her actions would indirectly lead to a continental war. I wouldn't pin all or even most of the blame on her. Instead I would lay most of it at Rhaegar's and Aerys' feet. I also would try to forgive her since she's family and remember that she's well-intentioned child, but it would very difficult for me to do so as the other half of me would be extremely pissed at her. Our father and brother were brutally murdered, my friends, some of our family's bannermen, and many innocent people are dead because of her, Rahegar's, and Aery's actions. And in addition to enduring considerable strife due to her running off, our House suffered severe shame, too. Finally, I can't really see myself being too or even slightly understanding of her motive, even when learning that she ran off because she didn't want to marry Robert, since many women and girls in Westeros were/are in her position and I'm married to Edmure and he wasn't my first choice as husband, but I didn't ignore my duty and decide to run off with some silver-haired prince, a sexy Dornishman or a sexy male Summer Islander. So, I would also think she was being a selfish brat who should've put on her big girl pants (er, dress) and suck up marrying Robert (just to be clear: this isn't my view as a modern woman, but rather a Westerosi woman).

Tl;dr, I would think and see Lyanna as my pitiable brat sister who didn't and couldn't foresee a bloody war as being the main consequence of her actions and doesn't deserve the majority of the blame for all the turmoil that happened, but I also would be mad as hell at her and not offer or feel much sympathy for her.

If Lyanna's dead:

My feelings and thoughts would be almost same as the ones explained above, except I would also feel tremendous sadness as well since my little sister's dead.

What do you do with her son?

If Lyanna's alive:

If the circumstances allow her to raise her son and if she wants to, then I would insist and prefer that she and the boy go to the Free Cities. If circumstances forces her to separate from the child and not be allowed in raising him, then I would have Ned raise him as his own son or strongly insist to him (Ned) that he give our nephew away to a nice couple (smallfolk or minor nobles) who would gladly raise him, as claiming Jon as my own son is out of the question since I'm a woman and married and Jon being raised by other people won't create the horrible situation he and Catelyn were forced into.

If Lyanna's dead:

Killing her son is not an option. The kid's my nephew and he's completely blameless. He doesn't deserve death just because his parents were idiots who provoked mass havoc. However, as much as I would want to raise him myself, as I said in the previous paragraph, I wouldn't and couldn't do it since I'm a married woman. So, the end result of this scenario would be the same as the previous one: leave Ned to raise him as his son or have him to give him to a nice couple (peasants or lesser nobles).

What do you do with her?

If Lyanna's alive:

Demand that she and her son be sent to the Free Cities. I wouldn't or even want to give her to Robert as that would be cruel for her since she didn't want to marry him in the first place and Robert killed her lover. Additionally, I would fear that Bob might physically take his anger and humiliation out on her. Having Lyanna brought back to Winterfell is out of the question as that may cause a shitstorm and I can imagine that it would be extremely hard for the residents there to deal with on a daily basis interacting with one of catalysts for Robert's Rebellion. I also wouldn't want her at Winterfell for my own sake, as I wouldn't want to be reminded of losing my father, my brother, and friends whenever I come home to visit.

If Lyanna's dead:

Eh, not much to do here.

Sorry, for the long reply but I was trying to be thorough and cover all my bases. ^_^

Why is it assumed Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape Lyanna?

But aSSuming all you said is legit, I would still kill Rhaegar.

I would send my sister to the silent sisters and raise the child as my own.

10-20 years down the line I would tell the kid the deal and let him decide what to do about it.

I would also have it written down somewhere in case I died.

There are still Targ loyalist in the Realm and Ned is not with out friends and his ruler of the biggest territory of the kingdom. Not to mention that Robert has been a terrible king that has bankrupted the realm.

Ned will not fight against Robert. Ned did not hide Jon to betray his foster brother. Ned would be dissapointed in Jon suddenly becoming entitled and decide that he wants to march down south to kill Robert even though his father had it coming. Nobody down south is going to support Jon, let alone belive him. Tullys will not fight against Jon Arryn, who will surely fight for Robert. Lannisters will obviously back Robert. Stormlands worshiped him.

I was asking the question not for myself as I've already said I would exile Lyanna and Jon to the Free Cities or if she's dead then Jon get's raised in Greywater and later at Winterfell as Reed's son.

I was asking Brains because he said he would tell the child and let them decide what to do with the information. So I don't know why your puffing but and trying to blow my house down.

I wouldn't want to start another war for the throne. Yet with that Brains was proposing that's one of the outcomes that could come about.

Archived