GOODKIND IX - Killer Queen

MinDonner

I was widely known – to some as the Slave Queen, and to others as Death’s Mistress. It’s possible that certain of these men may have served in Jagang’s army during that time and so they very well may recognize me, especially if I were to wear a black dress. Just in case, I’m wearing a red dress.

Thank the gods for the explanation there! Red, not black. This snippet is gonna have to vie for dumbest thing TG's ever writtern.

“I am an aide to the mayor,†Ishaq said in a subservient tone to the powerfully built man atop a towering, brown, bull neck gelding. The butt of the pole with the white flag rested on the man’s saddle between his legs, his meaty fist gripping it halfway up the length of the stout shaft. <I had to read this last sentence a couple times for some reason. Seems like there’s something else going on here.> The man sat mute, waiting. Ishaq licked his lips as he bowed before going on. “He sent me in his place with his woman, his wife…as a gift to the great Kronos to show our sincerity in agreeing with his wishes.â€

Okay...

1: I had to read the same thing a couple times too...Terry, you so crafty!

2. Where the hell did this Ishaq come from all of a sudden in the quote? Was there something snipped that I just missed. It's almost too much of a non sequiter if there isn't more...

Before brother Kronos ever realized that something was happening, Nicci’s sudden relese of power blew a fist-sized hole through the center of his forehead. Blood and brain matter sprayed the lambsking wall of the tent behind him. He dropped like a sack of sand, his life already long gone. He never had a chance to respond in kind.

That guy's gotta have a hella big forehead to get a "fist sized hole" punched through it.

Prose: It ain't just for writers anymore!

2. Where the hell did this Ishaq come from all of a sudden in the quote? Was there something snipped that I just missed. It's almost too much of a non sequiter if there isn't more...

That guy's gotta have a hella big forehead to get a "fist sized hole" punched through it.

Prose: It ain't just for writers anymore!

Ishaq isn't that important. I added him in one of the <red sections> . All he does is lead Nicci to the IO guys and then split.

Considering the fact that Jagangbang wants Kahlan and Richard dead, yeah, whats with getting her pregnant? Instead of killing them, maybe he's going to knock her up, let the two of them be together for the rest of their lives, but Jagang's vengeance will be that his bastard child will be growing up with them, forever pointing out to Richard that Jagang fucked Kahlan. Is that it? Instead of torture and beheading (and all the other good stuff the IO dishes out) the evil plan for Kahlan and Richard is....heartbreak? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Woudn't that be counter productive since in all likely hood she would bear a male confessor child thus preventing all magic from being extiguished.

And how the hell could he have sex with her, wouldn't that ignite her power (which if she is not conciously holding it in check how is anyone touching her and not being effect yet?) thus turning him into her puppet. I am really f'ing confused.

Woudn't that be counter productive since in all likely hood she would bear a male confessor child thus preventing all magic from being extiguished.

And how the hell could he have sex with her, wouldn't that ignite her power (which if she is not conciously holding it in check how is anyone touching her and not being effect yet?) thus turning him into her puppet. I am really f'ing confused.

I think its the Chainfire thingy. Kahlan can't use her power cuz she doesn't know she has it. I'm just taking a stab in the dark here. I don't know how it would work in the sex situation where it happens without her willing it to.

As he leaned toward her he casually seized her left nipple, twisting it as he spoke intimately to her.

“Brother Kronos tires quickly of a woman, no matter how beautiful she is. I expect it will be no different with you. When he moves on to the next he gives us the one his is finished with. Know that I will be first.â€â€

Intimate is defined as:

1: marked by a warm friendship developing through long association <intimate friends>

2: suggesting informal warmth or privacy <intimate clubs>

3: of a very personal or private nature <intimate secrets>

There is nothing wrong with using a thesaurus. But the writer should still make sure the new word is used in proper context.

Telling someone they are going to be the meat in an IO army sandwich is not an intimate statement. “Matter of factly, coldly, nonchalantly†would all have worked.

Some of the men pulled her over on her back. A boot at her throat kept her pinned to the ground. Weapons all around pointed down at her.

This very powerful wizard just cut down half a hundred men and horses with her power. She killed a powerful high priest. The army is full of sub-human, brutal rapists and their action to this is to capture her and let her live? My brain melted.

I think its the Chainfire thingy. Kahlan can't use her power cuz she doesn't know she has it. I'm just taking a stab in the dark here. I don't know how it would work in the sex situation where it happens without her willing it to.

Except that is the point from the first book, she doesn't have to will it to happen. She has to conciously will it not to happen, which is why sex is out becuase she can't orgasm and hold her power in check at the same time. The only time her power is in shut off mode is when she is asleep (something about the fact that she could sleep before puberty or something). The rest of the time, it is powered up and ready to discharge unless she specifically wills it not too. That is why her power was bound by the winds druing her brief marriage to Drefan becuase she would have been taken by her power, will or no. She loses her memory, she is no longer holding it in check, shouldn't everyone get zapped. Think a deadmans switch on bomb, as long as he is alive holding it together, the bomb stays unexploded, he gets killed and lets go, the bomb goes off. Kalahan is now in a state of somehow holding the switch without knowing why, should she let up every so often then boom, someone starts trailing behind her telling her of his/her love for her.

I guess a wizard must have done something. I really don't know. But this did make me think of something else. Because of Richards pure unlimited love for Kahlan he's invulnerable to her power. But that just means it doesn't affect him (hold the applause, please). When Kahlan unleashes her power there is some kind of huge jolt in the air, thunder without sound, whatever that means, and it rattles the teeth of those nearby, causing a fair amount of pain IIRC. So I would assume that when Richard and Kahlan are doing it, not that this has happened all that much in the books, her power should cut loose every time she orgasms. What a nasty business for poor Dick, to have that knock him around every time they fuck.

I guess a wizard must have done something. I really don't know. But this did make me think of something else. Because of Richards pure unlimited love for Kahlan he's invulnerable to her power. But that just means it doesn't affect him (hold the applause, please). When Kahlan unleashes her power there is some kind of huge jolt in the air, thunder without sound, whatever that means, and it rattles the teeth of those nearby, causing a fair amount of pain IIRC. So I would assume that when Richard and Kahlan are doing it, not that this has happened all that much in the books, her power should cut loose every time she orgasms. What a nasty business for poor Dick, to have that knock him around every time they fuck.

I guess that the question of Kahlans power was left out then? (I had the same problem in stone of tears, since she never actually thought she lost her powers, it should have been working on the first guy to touch her, but I am likely thinking about it too much like an eletrical circuit.)

As for poor Richard being knocked around, it could just be that is the after effect of having ones mind wiped. Unless there is a diconnect for the power to have to jump across, thus frying their mind, it just runs calmly and serenely at high amperage.

You take this "magic" system way too seriously...

My brain demands internal consistency. If the major plot point of book one was that her power can go off at any time on anyone unless she wills it not too. (Which prevents, sex, drugs, drinking, and anything else that might make her lose concentration) Then when she can't rember to keep going with the power off switch, I get upset when people are not being turned left and right around her, it should be discharging as fast as it builds back up. (Which is supposedly somewhere around 4 hours)

I guess that the question of Kahlans power was left out then? (I had the same problem in stone of tears, since she never actually thought she lost her powers, it should have been working on the first guy to touch her, but I am likely thinking about it too much like an eletrical circuit.)

As for poor Richard being knocked around, it could just be that is the after effect of having ones mind wiped. Unless there is a diconnect for the power to have to jump across, thus frying their mind, it just runs calmly and serenely at high amperage.

It can't just be the aftereffect of having ones mind wiped. Richard and others feel the impact of it when they are in the vicinity of Kahlan using her powers on somebody. It causes pain in people who are still some distance from her, not just the poor sap its being used on.

Remember, TG (Blessed Be His Yeard) only writes magic to make a point.

a point about technology... how do you get subtractive tech?

what would happen if we substituted tech or technical words for Magic in a QOTD?

dare we?

why would we want to?

why am I asking all these questions?

has the Yeard sent me insane?

:cry:

It can't just be the aftereffect of having ones mind wiped. Richard and others feel the impact of it when they are in the vicinity of Kahlan using her powers on somebody. It causes pain in people who are still some distance from her, not just the poor sap its being used on.

Well, I can feel a large enough spark jumping a gap. (Like ah lightning) So if it jumps the gap in the creatures head, then bam, it creates a simlar effect. Rember RIchard is protected by the fact that his feelings for her are "seemless" look it up.

I do not rember, maybe someone can refresh my memory, when Kahlan hits him in WFR with a power blast, does it give off the same effect (soundless thunder and teeth rattling)? And if it didn't why the f' did no one think it was strange? Damn this lack of internal consitency. If it did happen, then the Spirit Hut of the mud people should have fallen down on their wedding night. (Should it?) (Since it did shake snow of a tree in one usuage right? And would that mean that after one go, she is defensless for about 4 hours?

Yeardi has driven us mad.

There is no consistency. I still wonder, along with earlier ones, how the hell dicks mother got anonymously raped by father, and why it was such a big secret that the zedd monkey was his grandad.

Gahhhhhhh :bang: let us return to how changing the colour of our clothes can render us new people.

Hark :rofl:

Yeardi has driven us mad.

There is no consistency. I still wonder, along with earlier ones, how the hell dicks mother got anonymously raped by father, and why it was such a big secret that the zedd monkey was his grandad.

I believe that was a death spell then a memory web. Zed used to spells, one to create the belief that his daughter was dead, after the rape I believe, then made a spell that no one could rember who he was (which given the enormity of these two spells, wtf, is he getting beaten up by the IO, could he just use a spell to make them all forget why they are their in the first place?) So he could not let on the Richie is his grandson lest they figure out that his daughter was still alive and or who he really was.

:rofl:

Classic.

Things tend to blend together by now...when Kahlan "lost" her powers the first time...was that when she decided to get down and dirty with Defren because it was the right thing to do and in the end it turned out to be Richard...? Because if she "had" her powers did she just not care that Defren was doomed...

Like I said...too much bad writing just blends together...hard to remember things...mind breaking...

Yeah, when she thought she was doing it with Drefan the "spirits" had taken away her powers, not just for the duration of the sex, but for the duration of their marriage. She got them back after Dick ripped his spine out and he took a spill in the Slyph.

Archived