Episode 6 Preview

Not that this thread should go too far in this direction, though again its one hundred percent my fault for harping on about these naked actresses, but I think that GoT has an amount-of-nudity-per-season quota rather than a per-episode quota. I've grown to accept it just like we have to stomach product placement in a Bond film. Sometimes the scenes are genuinely sexy (Mel and Gendry IMO) and sometimes they're all-out tacky (every Theon sex scene ever). But it's one of the realities of the production. HBO's weird that way.

I've never understood why a network that has dramatically expanded storytelling possibilities on TV also feels the need to shove nudity into everything like a 70s B-movie producer.

^I think they're beginning to tone themselves down actually. But at the height of True Blood and Hung and early GoT and Boardwalk Empire they really were going overboard.

That said I will never complain about a Carice van Houten nude scene.

^Rome had a lot more sex than GoT, I'm pretty sure. Which of course was just them being historically accurate. But yeah, the True Detective stuff felt really tacked-on and the writer as good as said he was made to put that in.

^I love that Rome alums have found their way into GoT. I hope they find a way to fit in Polly Walker (though of course she's doing Mr Selfridge now) and James Purefoy (who's doing the Following). And of course Ray Stevenson.

^It's always my fault though. I guess it's my duty to try and change the subject then.

Do we all think that the trial will be an uninterrupted scene or that it will cut away from it to other storylines so that it can handle the passage of time better and not have to have full testimonies from everyone?

Well, I ask again--anybody got any theories about what Varys can say against Tyrion? ShowVarys, I mean. Sati was kind enough to post BookVarys' testimony, but most of BookVarys' details vs. Tyrion never happened in the show. What could he possibly say that helps to condemn Tyrion?

I think he will give info that condemns him, because they've already established that he's testifying against Tyrion rather than for him. I think they showed that clip in the recap of Varys saying that Tyrion saved the city not to set up Varys's sympathy for him but to set up Tyrion "I saved this city" speech.

I think Peter Dinklage will really sell Tyrion being broken by this experience. In the "weeks ahead" promo which leaked onto youtube we heard him say "I saved you, I saved this city, I should have let Stannis kill you all" and he sounded properly bitter. Though people complain about him being whitewashed, I think we'll see the beginning of his descent into darker territory this Sunday.

^ So, you think Varys' will use Tyrion's 'I saved the city' by making it clear that everybody knows it was actually Good King Joffrey who saved the city? Cripes, the trial is going to be just brutal on Tyrion, from so many directions. Glad its him, and not me!

^And also, in show canon Shae being there probably means that Bronn betrayed him too. Poor guy.

Sorry to bring up the nudity again (especially after a successful changing the subject) but I saw a link on another forum to a pervy sight called recapped which actually has inside information about upcoming scenes of that sort. They say that the Van Houten business is in episode seven and that the Ramsyranda (their Hollywood couple name) is in this coming ep. along with something to do with a bathouse. I don't bring this up to fuel debate over the show's use of these sorts of scenes but to fuel speculation about what this info means for how the episode will play out.

Given that that pervy site recapped mentioned a bath-house mayhaps that's where Davos will encounter girls. I don't know if he'd go there to see Salladhor there or maybe to see Tycho Nestoris when the man is off-duty but my guess is that this is when Davos says "As long as Stannis live the war is not over." I always thought that was kindof an odd thing to say while Stannis is around, which we know he is during their official meeting with the IBOB. And maybe you ladies will get to see you some Cunningham.

I really do not see any dragonstone members being in episode 7 your probably going to have kings landing- bronn and Tyrion oberyn and Tyrion the mountains reintroduction. Vale - introduction of lords more of crazy lysa. Brienne- finding some sort of clue. Jon- return to castle black. Dreadfort- aftermath of attack getting ready to head to moat cailin. Danny and Dario. the hound teaching arya the gift of mercy. That's pretty packed for 52 min.

I hope that the Small Council scene ties all of the episode's storylines together. It'll be a very focused episode already but it could be even more concentrated if Varys and co. actually brought up Dany, Stannis and the Greyjoy-Bolton conflict in their sit-down. I think the people who think that the show "jumps around too much" between storylines would appreciate that kind of coherence.

Archived