What is the point of Arys Oakheart POV?

Mithras

I have no idea why no one liked his POV.

Because he was bland and boring, and he amounted to nothing and died, and most of all, he wasted space that could have otherwise being used to develop Arianne, the most important Dornish character so far

My view is he gave of the look what life in the reach will make a man. A chivalry lover with a hear full of passion with a dash of outdated and borderline racist thoughts.

I think Martin could have conveyed that from Arianne's POV. I think Arys belongs in that group with others like Victarion or Quentyn, who would have made great secondary characters but lousy POVs

Even though the character was rather boring, I still liked the chapter. Dorne is just such an awesome place I can't seem to hate any chapters either in Dorne or about Dornish characters....................except for Quentyn. Talk about a character that was a complete waste of time and we got four chapters about the life and good times of this yoyo.

I think it worked better from his point-of-view than hers. Within the context of the scene, it was far more interesting to read about the one being manipulated than the person behind the manipulation.

I feel oppositely about many scenes involving Tyrion and Cersei, in which I think it would have been far more entertaining and fascinating had the scenes taken place from Cersei's point-of-view rather than Tyrion's.

Regrettably, one of the few weaknesses the series has is Martin's weak spot and over-exuberant love for Tyrion.

Archived