After beating the Boltons where will Stannis himself go?

Palladinho

I count only the Targaryens, Tyrells, Ironborn and Lannisters...

And then you have the Freys, the Boltons, the Faith Militant, individuals like Brienne, etc.

My point was that he can't go anywhere without stumbling onto someone who doesn't want him dead, even for things he was not responsible for directly (the Targs hate him because he was Robert's brother and a Baratheon not because he's Stannis)

My point was that he can't go anywhere without stumbling onto someone who doesn't want him dead,

My point aswell. He can't really go anywhere. I think he'll just get a stronger grip on the north, and then slowly expand south, slowly claiming more lands and more allies.

Well, I guess you could see it like that. But I think his enemies are less numerous and powerful than his potential allies.

Most definitely. He needs to play his cards right, which I can see him doing. His personal enemies got other problems or are dying while he just soldiers on.

If he's smart he'd give the Boltons to the Northmen, burn the Dreadfort to the ground and divide up their lands. Then he'd install Rickon in Winterfell, or a Lord Paramount that the Northern Lords choose themselves. After that he should march on the Twins with a refreshed army of sellswords, Northmen and his own men. The Riverlords will fall into place if he deposes the Freys and hopefully that will be enough to beat the Lannister/Frey host in the Riverlands. If he survives that then it's a toss up between Casterly Rock and King's Landing and he better choose fast because here comes the Tyrells. Personally I'd go with Casterly Rock, it'll be a huge morale booster for the Northmen and cut the Lannisters off from their money so they can't buyout the sellswords. Then I'd plunder the West and buy even more sellswords to take on the Tyrell host, after they're gone/cowed you've got Aegon and the GC who at this point won't be a huge threat but it would probably be best to deal with him asap and wrap it up just in time for Dany to show up and roast him.

Stannis is clear about his current goals - Defend against the Others. He treats his holdings in the south as either lost to him or soon enough, and only hopes that at least Dragonstone would hold long enough to ship obsidian north. After dealing with Bolton and Snow, and securing the North, he likely marches back to the Wall. In his letter to Jon he makes it clear that he intends to return to the Wall after dealing with Bolton.

:agree:

If he does anything else, I'll be disappointed.

by now we all know Mel and her visions...we know she sees things very clearly, but sometimes her interpretations of those visions are off...Martin has made a point to tell us that even to the extent of letting us know Moqorro is better at interpreting the flames...she has convinced herself Stannis is the LoL because she sees Stannis in her visions in battle...but now when she looks for him, all she sees is "snow"...that could mean 2 things, either literally he is trapped in the "snow" outside of winterfell, or she is seeing "snow" when looking for the LoL because Jon Snow is the real champion and Stannis is well, the enemy...which makes her vision in the flames "true" in the sense she sees Stannis in the battle of light vs dark, only he is the champion of the otherside, not light as she has convinced herself, and everyone else...but you can see in her last chapters, on how she is getting closer and closer to Jon, she knows something is up, just not sure what yet...

Most of the Frey strength will be slaughtered in the Battle of Ice, so the Twins is the next logical target. Although Moat Cailin may prove stubborn but only if the Boltons left a garrison there and if they can defend from a threat from the north, which is not what the Moat was built for.

Stannis has history with almost everyone in Westeros. By now he amassed grudges all over the place.

He can work past grudges though. 'Forgiven yes, forgotten.. no' something along those lines.

And Jon Snow dying wtf no, Horrible writing, his story is far from done.

He can work past grudges though. 'Forgiven yes, forgotten.. no' something along those lines.

I meant grudges against him, not the other way around.

For the most part he doesn't care about it, like he personally disliked Ned but still respected him and wanted to avenge his death.

Considering there is (at the moment) only 2 more books planned, is it actually realistic that Stannis achieves all of this and to end up on the iron throne? I dunno, it seems like too much knowing how much George likes to pad these storylines out, probably more simpler just to kill him off.

Considering there is (at the moment) only 2 more books planned, is it actually realistic that Stannis achieves all of this and to end up on the iron throne? I dunno, it seems like too much knowing how much George likes to pad these storylines out, probably more simpler just to kill him off.

There will be a whole book in between that's exclusively about Stannis' wacky antics.

"A Stare of Stannis"

Archived