After beating the Boltons where will Stannis himself go?

Palladinho

Consider he beats him, which I firmly believe he will. Will he go to the Wall again or has his journey to the Dreadfort already confirmed that he's on his way to descend upon the rest of the North and the Riverlands?

He fakes his death as he hinted at, sneaks into KL with a few men, and strangles Cersei.

Hard to say. I do think he continues his campaign to bring all of Westeros under his rule.

I think he sticks around the North, though, until he can get his mercenary reinforcements from Essos and the Iron Bank. From there... who knows. King's Landing is the big prestiege target, though he already tried the direct assault once and it didn't work for him. He's going to be weary about trying to attack it again when they are other targets. I mean, attack and take the Twins and the Riverlands will fall into his camp.

If he will survive the battle of winter and drive the Boltons out of the north, and install a Stark at Winterfell, that ensures the north is behind him. He could attemt to free Edmure at Castely Rock and get rid of the Freys at Riverrun, put Edmure back as lord to get the riverlands behind him. Then he could ally with the vale, and only then he would be strong enough to walk on KL.

But i think its very likely he die long before.

It's odd. His chances of taking a good portion of Westeros actually seem good, after he went to the most dangerous parts of it and faced the greatest discomfort and hardship lol. Riverlands are a total mess; so much chaos, I'v heard the brotherhood without banners is planning a Frey slaughter at the Riverrun wedding, Bryden Blackfish is an outlaw at large, Jaime lost somewhere.... Pretty much ideal circumstances for a good sensible rebel leader to come on in.

Winterfell defines the next book for Stannis imo.

I think he sticks around the North, though, until he can get his mercenary reinforcements from Essos and the Iron Bank. From there... who knows. King's Landing is the big prestiege target, though he already tried the direct assault once and it didn't work for him. He's going to be weary about trying to attack it again when they are other targets. I mean, attack and take the Twins and the Riverlands will fall into his camp.

To be fair his first attack on King's Landing only failed because of luck; he was winning it quite clearly till some miscommunication between Edmure and Robb allowed Tywin to leave the Riverlands for King's Landing.

We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.

- Patchface.

So... I guess it has something to do with the royal fleet stolen by Aurane Waters (whose sigil, derived from his parent house Velaryon, is a seahorse), and Manderly's new fleet (Manderly's sigil is a Merman). My guess is that they're trying for King's Landing again. Or maybe they'll go for the Vale. Either way, looks like a seaborne invasion of somewhere on the East coast.

We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.

- Patchface.

So... I guess it has something to do with the royal fleet stolen by Aurane Waters (whose sigil, derived from his parent house Velaryon, is a seahorse), and Manderly's new fleet (Manderly's sigil is a Merman). My guess is that they're trying for King's Landing again. Or maybe they'll go for the Vale. Either way, looks like a seaborne invasion of somewhere on the East coast.

That's a good observation.

Hmmm.... Wasn't there something about Stannis needing to take the Riverlands before he can get any sea access? Damn someone help me out here.

Nah, he just needs Manderly support really to get across the sea. Riverlands are a mess, best avoided for now I think. KL is ripe for the taking really if he has mercenaries and a navy.

It´s a race between him and Aegon at this point really. I wonder though how Stannis would react to

losing Storms End.

If everything goes well (for him that is), he actually can find allies in the North and the Riverlands. The Boltons, Freys and Lannisters are his enemies by all means. If he's lucky he got an Ironborn "ally" in Asha who doesn't necessarily share the same view as her relatives.

The whole Sansa plotline could go either way, but Sansa is not politically ambitious and would probably be happy that someone reestablished a Stark in charge of Winterfell. (if she gets that much influence to begin with and LF is no friend of Stannis, that's for sure)

Dorne in general would probably never ally with him on their own accord, the Reach could go either way since he has the Florents on his side and the bigger houses like Hightower and Redwyne are impartial to him at best. The Tyrells would never accept him though.

Then there's the clusterfuck that is his homeland: The Stormlands. Not sure how much they would like to follow Jon Connington/Aegon though... Especially since a Targ isn't probably on good terms with the birthplace of the usurper. And Stannis himself has still some Stormlords following him.

Stannis is clear about his current goals - Defend against the Others. He treats his holdings in the south as either lost to him or soon enough, and only hopes that at least Dragonstone would hold long enough to ship obsidian north. After dealing with Bolton and Snow, and securing the North, he likely marches back to the Wall. In his letter to Jon he makes it clear that he intends to return to the Wall after dealing with Bolton.

Stannis is clear about his current goals - Defend against the Others. He treats his holdings in the south as either lost to him or soon enough, and only hopes that at least Dragonstone would hold long enough to ship obsidian north. After dealing with Bolton and Snow, and securing the North, he likely marches back to the Wall. In his letter to Jon he makes it clear that he intends to return to the Wall after dealing with Bolton.

Yeah, there's no way that holding SE and DS was a serious attempt, but more like a distraction. Didn't he take obsidian with him though?

He doesn't go anywhere. Instead he founds the second most powerful intelligence network in the world with its headquarters at Winterfell, lets his agents infiltrate King's Landing, the Faith, the Citadel, Oldtown, Lannisport, the Brotherhood without Banners. From Winterfell he orchestrates an uprising against the Lannisters and Tyrells. The installed council then will call for his help, and he'll sweep in with Rickon and his army of Unicorn-riding barbarian warriors at this side to take his rightful place.

Yeah, there's no way that holding SE and DS was a serious attempt, but more like a distraction. Didn't he take obsidian with him though?

No. He only knew that he needs obsidian when he got to the Wall. Unlike in the TV show, the letter from Aemon only spoke of Wildlings. He learns on the Wall of the enemy he faces, and how to kill it. From Jon and Mance and Sam. He writes to Rolland Storm to start mining it, and to ship it north.

To be fair his first attack on King's Landing only failed because of luck; he was winning it quite clearly till some miscommunication between Edmure and Robb allowed Tywin to leave the Riverlands for King's Landing.

Robb never even pretended to have a way of actually stopping Tywin to go back to KL. Also, Tywin wasn't crucial to beating Stannis, the Tyrells were.

The two have quite a history... now that I think about it, it'll be only fitting for Stannis to be the one to bring them down.

Clearly, the majority of the night's watch dont want Jon Snow as their lord commander anymore. He probably dies after being stabbed, so lets imagine Mellisandre ressurects Jon (or whatever you believe how he survives), he can do 2 things:
-Kill all the traitors / mutineers in the Nightwatch, and continue as lord commander
-Take Stannis offer on becoming lord of winterfell, asuming he died, he no longer has any vows concerning the nightwatch.

Together with Manderly they root out all the Boltons and whoever else been in on this mess.

Or else, there's always Rickon as plan B.

Anyhow, I guess Stannis will eventually get control of the North.

Manderly and Stark both want revenge on the Freys right? Why not take the Riverlands and exterminate every living Frey while they're at it? Indeed, the Riverlands are a big mess, but with a organized army, its a great time to take all of it, shoulnd't be too much resistance. Nearly everyone is dead and everything is burned down already.

I dont see many other options for Stannis either. He still has no allies. He's got nowhere else to go. He could try for Kings Landing again but that would be stupid move. He'll need more support first.

Archived