The Heisenberg Effect

I think it is Dany all the way, taking a sympathetic character at the beginning, innocent and trasnforming them into a monster before our eyes over time, leaving waypoints where we can reflect and see how specific moments shaped them into what they have become. Ramsay and Cersei were already unlikeable and twisted. Dany though. perfect

Is "going Heisenberg" here considered as a transformation of a intelligent, (somewhat) decent guy,but with several traits developed throughout his life that , combined with the proper situations will turn him into a complete douchebag?

Tyrion seems to be the best bet here TBH.

I honestly don't understand the bit about none of his characters being worse than Heisenberg. He certainly ain't no angel, being a ruthless drug-producing criminal boss, but you'd think raging psychopaths like Ramsay or Gregor, or nearly amoral douchebags like Tywin or Littlefinger would be worse than him. Or the entire gangs of rampaging murder-rapists like the Bloody Mummers. Or the slavers.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a joke statement. But GRRM inspiring himself from the character seems very likely.

Definitely Howland Reed.

He is perceived as weak and meek, but capable of bouts of badassery, like Walt in the early episodes. He started off by protecting Ned Stark from Arthur Dayne, like Walt protected Jesse from Hank. It would also explain why he didn't join the War of Five Kings or defend Winterfell - he is letting his rivals in the North take each other out so that he can seize control afterwards, a la the Hector/Gus face-off. He is worse than Heisenberg because he deliberately sent his kids into danger, instead of ostensibly protecting them.

The irony is that Howland's son became breakfast, instead of just enjoying it.

LOL

Some posters here have this very wrong idea that Walt was a good man before he became Heisenberg. Clearly he was always somewhat arrogant with an inferiority complex, which only worsened as the show progressed.

Agreed. What made Heisenberg progression, specially during season 1, was turning those underlying feelings into actions. He doesn't straight up shoot that guy he locks in the basement by the start of the series.

Basically, he acted like a good man, and behaved like a good man. So, by start of the first episode and in the previous years, he was indeed a good man. Then he discovered he had cancer and was going to die, and something changed inside of him. Maybe just the realization that there will be no consequences (for him) for his acts - he's dying anyway. And he has a moral excuse to break bad (leave money to his family, even though it's not his real motivation). Still, the journey from making up his mind for murder to actually killing takes some time. And even by the end, he doesn't want his brother in law killed.

So I'm thinking about Show!Tyrion line about how Sansa isn't a killer yet. That's Walter White in the first episodes of the series. But Tyrion, and everyone who knew Walter White, are wrong in something: they both had it in them to kill for a long time. They never did it, yet, but they have it in them. And even if we compare Sansa with Walter White, Sansa was about to murder someone by the age of eleven.

There is something else, though. Walter White barely has a hearth. He's incredibly pragmatic and ruthless.

Dany still has a tender hearth deep inside, even if she doesn't usually listen to it. Heinsenberg would have even cared about leaving the diseased Yunkaii outside the walls. Dany didn't let them in, but she cared.

Tyrion is going that route and we know from his defense of King's Landing that he doesn't care too much.

Arya has already completed her transition to "the dark side". She still has to kill someone who she knows is completely innocent and don't try to justify it, but she's almost there. I don't think she qualifies as a Heinsenberg as she's more a lone warrior/assassin, instead of an "empire builder". But morally? Yep.

Book!Sansa is still too much of a question mark. Show!Sansa seems to be going in that direction. I think it's definitely possible, the issue is that we're already rather late in her character development.

Arya? She's like hellbent on murder now.... he could write her to a complete nutter.

Cersei: In my opinion I think she and the next person will become the characters worse than Heisenberg. She is already paranoid and going crazy clutching onto any last hopes or resorts she has in her grasp.

Ramsay: This is my candidate. I am fully aware his chances of surviving the battle of Winterfell are low and initially I had expected him to die quickly however when GRRM said he was going to make a character worse than Heisenberg, Ramsay immediately came to mind.

These could never go under a hiesenberg transformation as its a 'Mr. Chips to Scarface' kinda deal. Neither of those characters were nice in the beginning

Some posters here have this very wrong idea that Walt was a good man before he became Heisenberg. Clearly he was always somewhat arrogant with an inferiority complex, which only worsened as the show progressed.

Yeah but he wasn't evil, he had issues but he never would want to hurt anyone at the start.

EDIT: Anyone that didn't deserve it anyway

Dany and/or Tyrion.

In fact, way before the Breaking Bad, Dany was destined to be a parallel of Rhaenyra, who grew paranoid and unstable over the course of the Dance.

She's already showing it, the way she acts like the people of Westeroes were wrong for rebelling against her oppressive family, and using her Dragons to basically stop anyone who goes against her, and more. She also seems to also think the people of Westeroes "want" her back on the throne, showing some denial about their true feelings. Has the potential to be Heisenberg like indeed!

I think it will be Cersei. Up to this point she has been an obsessed mother who feels powerless in a male dominated world, as perceived by her father. She's vindictive, mean-natured, but not really fully evil. I have every confidence that she can make it. After TWOS if she get some power back, look out!

I think it will be Cersei. Up to this point she has been an obsessed mother who feels powerless in a male dominated world, as perceived by her father. She's vindictive, mean-natured, but not really fully evil. I have every confidence that she can make it. After TWOS if she get some power back, look out!

Lol.

Archived