The Heisenberg Effect

For those of you who watch Breaking Bad or have seen it you would know who Walter White A.K.A Heisenberg is. GRRM is a fan of Breaking Bad and has says none of his characters are as bad as Heisenberg but Heisenberg has inspired him to create a character worse than him.

This thread is to discuss who 'that' character is, will be and how the transformation to this state to being crazy one sided evil will take place.

The first thing I noticed is that there are 2 books left each with roughly over 1500 pages. The Heisenberg effect is a slow transformation. Hence I believe no new character introduced or barely introduced in the ASOIAF series will become a person worse than Heisenberg himself.

This has led me to think that someone within the already 5 published books is to take the place of becoming a character worse than Walter White. This is also not perhaps the first time GRRM has changed his mind about a character. E.g the lady who plays Osha named Natalia Tena (also played Nymphadora Tonk in Harry Potter) has impressed GRRM so much that GRRM said he plans to expand Osha's role in the upcoming books. This is all because of Natalia Tena's acting as it was able to impress the almighty GRRM himself.

Hence we know GRRM is willing to make changed but why wouldn't he? it's his books after all!!

Now onto the 'suspects':

My 3 suspects of becoming characters worse than Heisenberg are as follows in descending in order of most likelihood starting with the least likely:

Dany: ONLY if you believe she will become the mad queen and end up as the primary antagonist. I don't believe she will as that position will be taken by our next candidate

Cersei: In my opinion I think she and the next person will become the characters worse than Heisenberg. She is already paranoid and going crazy clutching onto any last hopes or resorts she has in her grasp.

Ramsay: This is my candidate. I am fully aware his chances of surviving the battle of Winterfell are low and initially I had expected him to die quickly however when GRRM said he was going to make a character worse than Heisenberg, Ramsay immediately came to mind.

I don't know how but in some way Ramsay is going to escape with his life from the battle of Winterfell: Win or lose. Roose however may die in the battle of Winterfell in my opinion. Well that's what I think is going to happen.

This thread is merely for the purpose of discussing which character you think will become worse than Heisenberg and how so discuss/debate away!!

I think it will be Euron, he's dabbled in Magic IIRC so he could become like an evil sorcerer which would be similar to a chemist like Walter White and his intentions aren't really clear in the beginning like Heisenberg, he was at first doing it to make money for his family but ended up a greedy evil man who dug his own grave

Im thinking Euron, Dany, Cersei in that order.

Euron seems to have the crazy part going for him already as well as a Joker-esque wanting to watch the world burn ideology IMO

Dany could very well tur out to be here father's daughter

Cersei maybe pulls a Mad King 2.0 and tries to light up KL as someone closes in (Aegon maybe?)

Shouldn't the Heisenberg Effect apply to the characters that start of as being. say close to "good", or "white" characters? So no Cersei or Ramsay, since they were "grey/black" since they were introduced. It would apply more to, I think Tyrion or Dany, who both already show signs of evil/crazy - or more than they did before.

I would bet on Dany, though.

No one in Westeros is worse than Heisenberg? Well, that's true only if you consider character that were presented as good/not evil and then underwent some kind of change (Breaking Bad-like). On the other hand, Ramsay is already waaaaaay worse than Heisenberg, along with the Mountain.

I would say Cersei, but other wild guesses may be: Dany, Tyrion, Arya or Cat/Lady Stoneheart.

No one in Westeros is worse than Heisenberg? Well, that's true only if you consider character that were presented as good/not evil and then underwent some kind of change (Breaking Bad-like). On the other hand, Ramsay is already waaaaaay worse than Heisenberg, along with the Mountain.

I would say Cersei, but other wild guesses may be: Dany, Tyrion, Arya or Cat/Lady Stoneheart.

GRRM says otherwise. GRRM said himself none of his characters are worse than Heisenberg so that's that.

Shouldn't the Heisenberg Effect apply to the characters that start of as being. say close to "good", or "white" characters? So no Cersei or Ramsay, since they were "grey/black" since they were introduced. It would apply more to, I think Tyrion or Dany, who both already show signs of evil/crazy - or more than they did before.

I would bet on Dany, though.

Aye technically it should but since the decision to create a character worse than Heisenberg came after all 5 books came out it makes it rather vague hence I believe someone already miserably evil will just explore more of the 'dark side of the force' haha.

Victarion Greyjoy :)

Because he has a suspected serious injury, he's wounded hand, it could parallell with Walts lunger cancer, if Morroqo ever predicts it to be fatal. Giving Victarion a justification to be truly evil to better himself and avenge Euron's betrayal before dying from a fatal disease :)

Sam Tarly is the only character I can think of that is really smart and not really evil to start out with.

There are a lot of options for him to do this with Jaqan being at the Citadel.

Maesters receive training in all sorts of Alchemy. I can see Sam being the Milk of the Poppy Kingpin by the end of the books.

To clear things up, GRRM didn't actually say he would create a character worse than Heisenberg, he was just joking about it. Here's the actual quote:

“Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros. I need to do something about that.”

Dany, when she will know 1 or 2 defeats she will switch to the "Burn em all" state of mind. With some magic quote as: "Dont you see I am tring to save you", "You dont deserve to live in my new world", "How dare you fight the rightful queen of westeros" "I am God", etc

Victarion Greyjoy :)

Because he has a suspected serious injury, he's wounded hand, it could parallell with Walts lunger cancer, if Morroqo ever predicts it to be fatal. Giving Victarion a justification to be truly evil to better himself and avenge Euron's betrayal before dying from a fatal disease :)

Hmmm... What about Jon Con? He's dying of grayscale, and has already admited to himself that he should have used Tywin's methods.

Archived