[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

Jaime wondered how there is no word for cousin killing, I think kinslayer just about covers it!

However, the show can't go there. Not after what Jaime did to poor Alton in Season 2. If they start establishing kinslaying now, they'd only reveal how stupid Jaime/Alton scene actually was. Because of that, better not to mention kinslaying at all. D&D are not about to start jeopardizing their reputation.

Was it established that Oberyn likely poisoned his spear, cause D&D said (in inside the episode) he poisoned the mountain in the duel, somewhat sloppy to reveal that info that way, either make it clear in show and then Inside the Epi is fine or if it is a subtle thing, don't mention it in Inside the Epi

Those "Inside The Episode" videos are usually more logical and reasonable and informative and interesting than episodes themselves. It would be cruel to take those away from showrunners.

Was it established that Oberyn likely poisoned his spear, cause D&D said (in inside the episode) he poisoned the mountain in the duel, somewhat sloppy to reveal that info that way, either make it clear in show and then Inside the Epi is fine or if it is a subtle thing, don't mention it in Inside the Epi

It's too bad they didn't have a scene with Oberyn and Elleria before the duel, where this could have been hinted....

Oh right, i forget, we needed a very long existential beetle monologue and another long segment on Grey Worm and Missandei....

It's a shame they used the whole 60 minutes too, not a minute to spare.

However, the show can't go there. Not after what Jaime did to poor Alton in Season 2. If they start establishing kinslaying now, they'd only reveal how stupid Jaime/Alton scene actually was. Because of that, better not to mention kinslaying at all. D&D are not about to start jeopardizing their reputation.

The reason Jaime brought it up to begin with was because he slew his cousin.

I'm just glad the relatively incompetent and uninteresting Sansa is now a thing of the past.

TV Sansa uninteresting and incompetent? You're probably not watching the same show as I do. In the show I watch, Sansa thinks "shift" is a vulgar word, is loved and protected by none other than our very own golden-heart-whore Shae, and gets that ever closed Margaery to finally talk about her sex life. And, last but not least, D&D bravely cut that GRRM's nonsense with her and Sandor. Sansa's actually way improved in the show.

TV Sansa uninteresting and incompetent? You're probably not watching the same show as I do. In the show I watch, Sansa thinks "shift" is a vulgar word, is loved and protected by none other than our very own golden-heart-whore Shae, and gets that ever closed Margaery to finally talk about her sex life. And, last but not least, D&D bravely cut that GRRM's nonsense with her and Sandor. Sansa's actually way improved in the show.

lol

Now that he remembered Alton, is Jaime about to go into mourning?

I think it's a pretty easy to understand concept that before his maiming, if Jaime needed to kill his cousin to get back home to Cersei, he would kill his cousin (That he barely remembers or cares about) but by all means please keep providing these riveting, pedantic comments. As a sidenote, Jaime recalls Alton in episode 1 this year.

I think it's a pretty easy to understand concept that before his maiming, if Jaime needed to kill his cousin to get back home to Cersei, he would kill his cousin (That he barely remembers or cares about).

Thanks, that never crossed my mind. While you're still in the educating mode, care to explain why did Jaime need to kill his cousin?

I think it's a pretty easy to understand concept that before his maiming, if Jaime needed to kill his cousin to get back home to Cersei, he would kill his cousin (That he barely remembers or cares about) but by all means please keep providing these riveting, pedantic comments. As a sidenote, Jaime recalls Alton in episode 1 this year.

I assume you mean TV Jamie, since Book Jamie hasn't killed any of his cousins or turned into a kinslayer, he managed to make it back to his bitch sister without killing any fellow Lannisters. Imagine that. LOL.

I assume you mean TV Jamie, since Book Jamie hasn't killed any of his cousins or turned into a kinslayer, he managed to make it back to his bitch sister without killing any fellow Lannisters. Imagine that. LOL.

You obviously don't understand the concept, sir. You're pedantic. And childish.

I have only the slightest nitpick with Grey Worm - Missandei scenes. Really don't have a problem with them having a relationship in general (even if he doesn't have a pillar and stones, stranger things have happened in the history of sexual attraction), but the scenes seemed a little dragged out and lengthy for what they were. The View of Missandei was worth it though, IMO.

Also didn't like the waxing philosophical about the beetles, but for a different reason than most - I just didn't like them painting Tyrion as moping about the unfairness of the world. That doesn't really seem like it's in Tyrion's character to me. At least, not until he starts searching for where whores go.

Liked pretty much everything else.

Is this the TV forum or the book forum?

Do you really think Jaime wouldn't have killed a distant cousin from a cadet branch of the family if it were his only means of escape (prior to the whole Hoat and Brienne journey) and he was given the chance?

Do you really think Jaime wouldn't have killed a distant cousin from a cadet branch of the family if it were his only means of escape (prior to the whole Hoat and Brienne journey) and he was given the chance?

Hello!!! Why was killing Alton "his only means of escape"? What did Jaime gain by killing Alton? Please?

thanks all for this thread. Painful to suffer through the butchering of this show's best raw material alone.

Now that they've done a truly mediocre viper vs mountain fight and turned Littlefinger into a mastermind with no game plan, they can get on with killing Tywin in nonsensical fashion and then I'll stop watching the show. That they can fail to make a good show out of material this good does not bode well with what they'll do with GRRMs more chaotic future work.

Season 1 was the bomb. Then they just fell apart. Not a great show. Unique, but it's just TV.

kinslaying is a huge taboo in Westeros. Even Roose Bolton won't kill his insane serial killer nut job of a son who killed his rightful heir because of the kinslaying taboo. So, no, in fact, I don't know if Jamie would have killed his cousin, I do know that the Original Jamie Lannister didn't kill his cousin and so far, isn't a kinslayer. It was a stupid change, done for who knows what stupid reason by D&D.

Archived