[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

As excited as I am for this (and believe me, excited I am), there's a small part of me thats almost more excited to see the 30 seconds or so previewing "The Children" after the credits roll. I've been too ungodly stoked on that episode since before I knew what it was called. So much excite.

Absolutely! Ever since they announced the split of ASOS over season 3 and 4 I've been waiting for ep. 4.10. And just yesterday I found out that I'll be working 9 pm to 5 am on Sunday/Monday. The Gods are cruel :bawl:

Anything on ghost?

We see a huge wolf jumping somebody in the promo. He looks sort of greyish there, but promos are usually darker than the actual episode. Also, at night all cats/wolves are grey.

Nothing official and not a glimpse in the preview, but I wouldnt worry at all for Ghost.

I'd bet they were still working on the CGI two weeks ago so we still have some surprises in reserve not shown by the previews.

And we have seen there will be wolves during the episode. Why show wolves and not Ghost during the episode, especially since he and Summer are the two most important direwolves. Now, the question is : are the CGI good enough to give us a shot of Jon and Ghost fighting together side by side ? Or will we just see him attacking just in brief shots ?

I think that wolf IS Ghost. See my argument above.

I'm not a big Stannis fan and honestly I cannot believe so many people are die hard Stannis fans. Yes, Stannis will save the wall in a triumphant fashion...try to retake the North, etc...I'm glad for those things, but I really dislike him.

Agreed. I'll never understand the StanStans. Then again, most people think I'm crazy when I tell them that my favourite characters include Baelish, Cersei and Melisandre... :dunno:

I find it funny that so many people want this episode just for the Stannis moment, something that will take up all of a couple of minutes as most at the very end. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle plays out, seeing who dies and seeing if Jon Snow has his big moment as a leader of the Night's Watch. All of those are more important than Stannis' men charging and wiping out the Wildlings by surprise. I can already see the outrage that will flow in this forum if we don't get the 'chant' at the end, even if the rest of the episode is spectacular.

Absolutely. There is going to be so much wonderful stuff in this episode and 'Stannis to the rescue' is only a very small part of it. Regardless of what happened though, this episode will be nitpicked to death. Just look at what happened with the duel last week:

Oberyn being awesome - check

Mountain being huge and insanely strong - check

Oberyn screaming "Elia - you raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children" - check

Mountain correcting his order of events - check

Oberyn nearly winning - check

Mountain killing him in gruesome fashion - check

awesome reactions from all the other characters - check

And what was the reaction here on this forum?

Too many cuts - they ruined it.

Oberyn screamed like a bitch - they ruined it.

Tyrion didn't throw up or laugh - they ruined it.

Seriously, I've given up on some of the people on this forum. I actually feel sorry for them because no matter how good the episodes will be, they will always find something to be unsatisfied with. Sad, really.

What I most want to see this episode :

[1] Quiet moment of talk in all the three groups before the attack.

[2] Archers and scarecrows top of the Wall.

[3] Giant attack on the tunnels.

[4] Jon and Ghost fighting together.

[5] Ygritte's last words and Kit Harrington acting at this moment.

[6] Jon and Styr duel.

[7] Thorne and Tormund duel.

[8] Slynt being a pain in the ass.

[9] Mance and Jon meeting.

[10] The charge and Jon / Stannis meeting to end the episode.

1) Can't imagine that they'll not have that. Just look at how much of that they had for Blackwater.

2) Confirmed by the promo videos and stills.

3) Confirmed by the promo videos.

4) I think we've seen Ghost in the French promo. Don't know if he'll be fighting side-by-side with Jon, though.

5) The recap made sure to remind us of their relationship, so no worries :)

6) Confirmed by the promo. If it's anything like his duel with Karl fookin Tanner, it will be great.

7) Not sure, but I think there were shots of it in the promo.

8) He's Slynt. How could he not be an ass?

9) Will most likely deviate quite a bit from the books (I doubt they'll introduce Val and Dalla yet).

10) The charge will definitely be in and looks awesome (judging from the promo). Not sure if Stannis and Jon will meet/talk in this ep. though.

so i just thought of something. there is something good that might come out of gren and pip dying in this episode. it means edd will be jon's only remaining friend at the wall!!!! thus, MOOOORRRRRREEEEEEE EEEEEEEDDD!!!!! :))))))

That's a cruel way of looking at it, but yeah, I'm all for more Edd :thumbsup:

aztek

Warning: I'm much more uncouth on there. IMDb is a lawless town and one must be savage to survive.

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

6) Confirmed by the promo. If it's anything like his duel with Karl fookin Tanner, it will be great.

7) Not sure, but I think there were shots of it in the promo.

About the duels : we see them both in the weapons behind-the-scene video. They teased us with those two great duels : Styr / Jon, Tormund / Thorne.

Jon will probably kill Styr.

And I think Tormund will fataly injure Thorne before having to run away, his raid defeated, and Thorne will have time to say "The Wall is yours" to Jon.

That's how I see it happening, but answer in a few hours !

Damn, it really cant come soon enough !!!!

Aha. That makes sense that you'd be Aztek, Ignorant Bow Woman, because you both make big "what do we know about the upcoming episode" sortof threads that are very good and thorough.

I go on GoT imdb but I've never posted there. I'd be too scared, it's the Wild West.

aztek

Warning: I'm much more uncouth on there. IMDb is a lawless town and one must be savage to survive.

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Check some political message boards. Those are so bad they're great!

^Stalkers? Yeah, they can get mean there but Fury tries her best to calm shit down.

The only bad experience I had there was when I said something politically incorrect and basically every ganged up on me and it completely derailed the thread. I prefer AFOIAF to wicnet now though because the format's better, though wicnet gets information earlier during the off-season.

^Stalkers? Yeah, they can get mean there but Fury tries her best to calm shit down.

This one guy actually remembered my posts from a year ago (!) and he just randomly responds only to my comments there. Creepy. I occasionally have people from imdb venture to other boards after me as well :lol:

I dont post as often on WiC as here but occasionally there are great discussions over there as well.

IMDB is totally the wild west, that's why I love lurking there just reading ! It gets really insane sometimes !

Well, on imdb creepiness is to be expected. I mean they had a thread there asking for people to post pictures of themselves and some people actually posted.

That actually happens on many boards there. It's insane.

Aha. That makes sense that you'd be Aztek, Ignorant Bow Woman, because you both make big "what do we know about the upcoming episode" sortof threads that are very good and thorough.

I go on GoT imdb but I've never posted there. I'd be too scared, it's the Wild West.

I post threads similar to this one on IMDb, since episode three of this season:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230470394

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230703702

I maintain a Stannis appreciation thread, inspired by a thread I found on here a while back:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/226496905?p=1

And I'm starting to post outlines for season five:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230177911

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230757680

Too bad none of that gets as much attention as the "OT: Sophie's new hair" and "OT: how's your foreplay" threads. :P

Hey guys! I've seen that many people are expecting to see Tormund killing Thorne, or at least leaving him fatally wounded, so that he passes the Wall to Jon.

But is it only me who actually hopes that Alliser Thorne doesn't die? I mean, in the books he's still there in aDwD, in fact, Jon sends him over the wall, and he promises to return or something... I don't know if that will turn out to be important, but it was cool seeing Jon getting rid of him and Slynt when becoming LC. I hope they keep it, and not just kill Alliser Thorne in this ep.

I post threads similar to this one on IMDb, since episode three of this season:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230470394

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230703702

I maintain a Stannis appreciation thread, inspired by a thread I found on here a while back:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/226496905?p=1

And I'm starting to post outlines for season five:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230177911

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/board/nest/230757680

Too bad none of that gets as much attention as the "OT: Sophie's new hair" and "OT: how's your foreplay" threads. :P

Well I imagine it's hard to compete with Dany's diarrhea threads

Archived