Daario - the opposite of fake

Miodrag

You wanted me to give you some general sucky things I gave you some. And she does listen t him, that is the problem, now his men can deal slaves " who want to sell themselves." Barry is only thing PR wise good in Dany's group, what right does he to call a man so legendary as Barry old?

The right of young age.

Barristan is old, that's a fact. He was even dismissed from KL with that excuse.

Sell-sword warriors respect strength, not age.

Barry old can defend his own honour with a duel - and maybe earn respect -, if he things that's offensive.

Apparently, though, he dismisses it pretty easily and gets over it. So why should you complain, if he doesn't?

I'd actually find it questionable if he weren't trying to fill his men's pockets, that's how sellswords abandon a company if I'm not mistaken. Dany never heeded his counsel to my knowledge, she flat out admits to herself she doesn't trust him so that argument pretty much falls apart. Barry is a prickly old man, offending him isn't exactly a feat. Ya Daario brags, I've already stated my opinion on this in an earlier post.

Actually, proper sellswords fill their pockets with their pay and previously agreed-upon plunder rights. Filching and extorting from your own side...

I complain because Barry is of proven might, where Daario is not.

So according to you Daario has done absolutely nothing to prove himself worthy as one of the SC captains? In his years as a sellsword, he has done absolutely nothing to prove himself capable in both physical combat and leadership? You like reminding us he's a sellsword yet forget that one of the things often associated with them is some level of efficiency. I doubt they would keep him around, let alone allow him to lead them if he were so incompetent. Furthermore, when Dany meets him his company is under contract, as you also like to remind us, that means he's good enough to secure lucrative contracts.

I believe so yes.

Being a sellsword doesn't make a honorless cur, as I said repeatedly, it is being so low you have to live in SB and kill your on leaders.

Being a sellsword doen't make you good, its being an old one.

BBE and I already spoke of this, he is sponging of Dany.

He didn't secure that, the leaders he murdered did.

She did "give him up" when she got married, its not as though she was sleeping with him while married to Hizdhar

She does not think of Hizda out there in the barrens with Drogon, she is thinking of Daario and what he told her "do you know who you are?" etc..

Maybe Daario dies and Hizda does no, maybe vice versa or they both die, however, how is that going to play out as she looks Westward and she is offered marriage alliances? Victarian and Euron, do you think they will like him near her? Aegon/Young Griff? Quentin was a boy sent to do a man's work and failed, Doran was an idiot but more of a man would have been offended at him and Dany's relationship. Dany is not a wet dream for me. My viewpoint is that she is a considerable threat to characters I love and I would hate to see them have to bend the knee to her and her "love toys" as well as potentially have to bend to their potential "offspring".

Good for Dany, still Daario is using her and is scum.

Not on Dany, she can love who she wants, still doesn't make Daario any better.

World is about people using each other, what's the point?

He pays what he "takes" by giving Dany the illusion of being loved, where's the bad of this exchange? She is willingly to accept it.

It's like blaming Shae for giving Tyrion the illusion of being loved in exchange of wealth. That was her own job and way of living.

Both Daario and Shae have sold something in exchange of something else, and they are in their right about it. The fact that it's (probably) an illusion, a mummer face, doesn't change it's of value to those who receive it. Both Tyrion and Daenerys are conscious with which kind of people they are dealing with and that what they are buying isn't 'authentic' but they are 'fine' with it for the time being.

World is about people using each other, what's the point?

He pays what he "takes" by giving Dany the illusion of being loved, where's the bad of this exchange? She is willingly to accept it.

It's like blaming Shae for giving Tyrion the illusion of being loved in exchange of wealth. That was her own job and way of living.

Both Daario and Shae have sold something in exchange of something else, and they are in their right about it. The fact that it's (probably) an illusion, a mummer face, doesn't change it's of value to those who receive it. Both Tyrion and Daenerys are conscious with which kind of people they are dealing with and that what they are buying isn't 'authentic' but they are 'fine' with it for the time being.

Tyrion fell for Shae and felt she loved him too. Also, I bet Daario betrays her to her enemies. Just a hunch

Tyrion fell for Shae and felt she loved him too. Also, I bet Daario betrays her to her enemies. Just a hunch

Yep, but it kept repeating himself she 'was a whore'.

There's is some degree in ingenuity to be associated with people that accept this kind of 'exchanges' as well. But that's normal, mature people would seek for real relationships or truly just for having fun - aka never forgetting it's a mummer face.

The blame however is on them. It ain't like Shae didn't come in Tyrion's service as a whore, nor that Daario didn't come in Daenery's service as a treacherous sell-sword willingly to stay on the side who guarantees the highest effortless revenue. Given his position, plundering on Meeren citizens is normal. He has bought himself unlimited benevolence of the sovereign ruler.. I mean, which thief wouldn't risk robbing some money with that safety guarantee?

Robbing and murdering her subjects while she applauds him for it? Great job. Tells about Dany's blinders.

Indeed.

I believe so yes.

Being a sellsword doesn't make a honorless cur, as I said repeatedly, it is being so low you have to live in SB and kill your on leaders.

Being a sellsword doen't make you good, its being an old one.

BBE and I already spoke of this, he is sponging of Dany.

He didn't secure that, the leaders he murdered did.

So is your strong dislike for Daario purely out of concern for Daenerys? In that case, cool.

EDIT: also, how my friend? How has Daario managed to survive all these years as a sellsword without any skill to speak of? How..?

Dany doesn't know he is using her.

Dany knows Daario isn't 100 percent good for her. Sometimes she even worries that maybe what he really wants is just to bed the Dragon Queen and brag to his friends about it. IMHO that's not the case. Daario cares about her...to some degree.

Actually, proper sellswords fill their pockets with their pay and previously agreed-upon plunder rights. Filching and extorting from your own side...

Been a while since I read the books so I kindly ask you to remind me of that incident. Unless of course it's the infamous killing of his captains.

So is your strong dislike for Daario purely out of concern for Daenerys? In that case, cool.

EDIT: also, how my friend? How has Daario managed to survive all these years as a sellsword without any skill to speak of? How..?

It is never alright to use a woman. I may not like what Dany do, but pushing her to do evil to fill your pocket is just evil.

Be in the back, seriously, with fat dothraki and someone like Utt surviving in companies, Daario surviving shouldn't be that special.

Been a while since I read the books so I kindly ask you to remind me of that incident. Unless of course it's the infamous killing of his captains.

Nah, it's the incident(s) where he murders some civilian in the city and proudly tells Dany. Because the guy(s) apparently talked a bit out of line.

Archived