Daario - the opposite of fake

Miodrag

Far from true. Knights fight for a cause they believe in, there are some of the low of the low, but others of high honor. Same as sellswords. Daario and his men are the low of the low, that is why he was in SB in the first place.

I honestly don't understand how you can make that statement in the context of these books. One of the Knights we constantly see is Gregor, a man who participates in gang rape and other horrible acts. When Arya, and later Brienne, travels through the Riverlands we get to see just how honourable knights actually are, raping and pillaging and doing every bad thing you can possibly think of. In my book of honour Daario is far more honourable than any of these imbeciles. Another knight we know is Jaime, a man who pushed a child to his death and later tried to kill that child's sister, a man who's been having an affair with his sister his entire adult life.

Other knights we know are in the a kingsguard. Individuals we know from the text have stood by as a man repeatedly raped his wife, burnt people for enjoyment and other mad things. Joffrey's kingsguard went as far as beating Sansa. I'm baffled, honestly I am. One of the codes of honour of knighthood is to protect the innocent, a code repeatedly undermined by the Knights we see in this book. Which brings me back to my original post, you sound like a Westerosi knight who believes the lie constantly perpetuated by singers and naive children. Meaning no offence.

Daario is no Saint. But compared to the Knights we see in these books he comes very close to an angel. So we can throw out that argument and admit people just hate Daario for being Daario. Not because he's a storm crow and therefore the lowest sort of scum.

I said there are knights that are low. So Edmure has no honor? Dunk, Ar;an,Rodrik, Addam, Marbrand, Beric, Hyle, all low to Daario? Never said knights were all good, just some with honor and some not, just as sellswords.

Daario is among the scum, as Gregor, brave fellows, and Second Sons.

EDIT: I also think that maybe people didn't have such a big problem with Daario immediately after Dance was published. I think that maybe one particularly influential poster expressed his/her opinion eloquently and passionately such that it became fashionable to hate him. Pretty soon it became difficult to view Daario as anything but a golden tooth and a blue, pronged beard.

You'd be wrong. Daario was despised even before Dance was published.

Daario is no Saint. But compared to the Knights we see in these books he comes very close to an angel. So we can throw out that argument and admit people just hate Daario for being Daario. Not because he's a storm crow and therefore the lowest sort of scum.

At least those knights don't murder their comrades. Not much of a saving grace, but at least something.

Please take off Dany's rose-colored lenses and look at what Daario does: Murder, betrayal, murder, betrayal of brothers in arms, extortion based on force of arms and dragons, murder of passion, and I'm damn sure that he routinely rapes as well.

I'm not blind to what he is. He's shady for sure. Without a doubt. I don't fully trust him and neither does Dany. She knows what he is. But like Jaime says, we don't choose whom we love.

I am surpise Dany supporters like him, he is using her to fill his and his men pockets. " Oh don't worry Dany, they are selling themselves, my men just need a cut."

I don't mind him because she likes him. she's a big girl. she can make her own mistakes. but other than killing his comrades (and not defending slavers anymore which is a plus for me) I see no reason to think he's the worst thing to happen to the world ever.

I'd actually find it questionable if he weren't trying to fill his men's pockets, that's how sellswords abandon a company if I'm not mistaken. Dany never heeded his counsel to my knowledge, she flat out admits to herself she doesn't trust him so that argument pretty much falls apart. Barry is a prickly old man, offending him isn't exactly a feat. Ya Daario brags, I've already stated my opinion on this in an earlier post.

You wanted me to give you some general sucky things I gave you some. And she does listen t him, that is the problem, now his men can deal slaves " who want to sell themselves." Barry is only thing PR wise good in Dany's group, what right does he to call a man so legendary as Barry old?

Archived