(Book spoilers) Why did Lena Headey do that?

Panos Targaryen

Can you imagine the backlash here if they invented a full season arc for LS and some of Tyrion's journey or Jon taking inventory under the Wall? IIRC, she's in two scenes in the books. I don't think they want to go there, but we'll see.

Of course they would. People are looking forward to LS. There was backlash because she wasn't in the season 4 finale.

Can you imagine the backlash here if they invented a full season arc for LS and some of Tyrion's journey or Jon taking inventory under the Wall? IIRC, she's in two scenes in the books. I don't think they want to go there, but we'll see.

I actually think if LS is in season 5 they will plow ahead into WoW territory, where she probably has more to do. So it would not necessarily be invention.

There are several scenes that could be part of the season and give her an arc. We might get her revival in a bran vision (if they start showing history in his visions). We would get hanging Freys via Brienne, and possibly the Merret Frey scene, where Stoneheart's face is not revealed. This would in fact be quite a good "prologue" to the season, like the two swords in season 4. Then Brienne meets her and is questioned. Then Brienne is sent to get Jamie or Jamie arrives some other way. Then we forge into WoW territory and actually find out the fates of Brienne, Pod and Jamie. It would be at least 4 episodes without diverging from the books at all.

Archived