(Book spoilers) Why did Lena Headey do that?

Panos Targaryen

They cut Coldhands despite much book fan gnashing of teeth and angst. Apparently his part in the story wasn't important enough to cast him. Not saying I disagree or agree, but the same could be said of Stoneheart. IF her part is significant for the future of the story, then they'll likely cast her. But if she's just a side story that added 'vengeance' flavor to the book - they may choose to leave it out entirely.

I think so too. They have already set up the comeback of the mountain. I like that because he is different kind of undead person - not brought back by magic or gods, but by crazy science á la Frankenstein. It also seems that Frankenstein's Mountain will be central to Cersei's plot. That's enough coming back from the dead for one hour.

Thus having him established in the same episode as undead Cat would be redundant and just a little bit too over the top, jumping the shark as they say.

They cut Coldhands despite much book fan gnashing of teeth and angst. Apparently his part in the story wasn't important enough to cast him. Not saying I disagree or agree, but the same could be said of Stoneheart. IF her part is significant for the future of the story, then they'll likely cast her. But if she's just a side story that added 'vengeance' flavor to the book - they may choose to leave it out entirely.

So, I was thinking...what if they accomplish the 'vengeance' aspect through Sansa? As of right now, we don't know what she wants or where her story is going, so what if they take the 'point' of LS (vengeance) and give it to Sansa instead? Would that be a better option? I kind of like that idea, tell you the truth. I think it could ultimately accomplish the same purpose as LS, but also fit in with the general theme of plunging all of the so-called "good" characters (Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, for example) into bad places before bringing them back together...and from the brink.

good god some of the people here :bang:

she will be on the show. They already gave Brienne the storyline to meet her - Oathkeeper and Oath to Cat and for her to show up - BWB,Beric, Thoros, Berics resurrection, sansa mentioning throat cut thrown into river..

So, I was thinking...what if they accomplish the 'vengeance' aspect through Sansa? As of right now, we don't know what she wants or where her story is going, so what if they take the 'point' of LS (vengeance) and give it to Sansa instead? Would that be a better option? I kind of like that idea, tell you the truth. I think it could ultimately accomplish the same purpose as LS, but also fit in with the general theme of plunging all of the so-called "good" characters (Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, for example) into bad places before bringing them back together...and from the brink.

Isn't the Stark with a vengeange thing pretty much embodied with Arya's story?

Sansa never stroke me as the vengeful type, but of course characters can change.

From ASOS p.491

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.

It sounds to me like Sansa has a date with Ser Robert Strong.

good god some of the people here :bang:

she will be on the show. They already gave Brienne the storyline to meet her - Oathkeeper and Oath to Cat and for her to show up - BWB,Beric, Thoros, Berics resurrection, sansa mentioning throat cut thrown into river..

I really hope so. It's honestly hilarious how every year I wait for her and every year I am left HANGING :D

This is a good plot change I could support. Let Sansa be the weapon of vengeance, learning at Uncle Petyr's knee (or something else) - haha.

And to the guy with the wall-banging smilies - there's absolutely no sure fire proof because of what you perceived as 'set ups' for Stoneheart that they are in fact including her. Everyone was so certain she'd be here by season's end this year too. When are you going to stop making assumptions based on the show? You have to let those expectations go. I did long ago and it didn't bug me as much when she (or coldhands or other characters) didn't show up in the show. I can now enjoy the show much more for being a separate entity.

Isn't the Stark with a vengeange thing pretty much embodied with Arya's story?

Sansa never stroke me as the vengeful type, but of course characters can change.

Oh, yeah, for sure. I mean, the vengeance shtick is Arya's. But, Arya is in Braavos. She can't do anything about the Frays, Boltons or anyone else. Sansa however, is right next door and with the Vale army to boot. Also, I think that they've written Sansa's character with a desire to do bad things to those who "hurt the ones we love" (i.e. in her dialogue with Robin and Tyrion's line about "not a killer....yet").

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next season she charms the Vale Lord and Knights to get them on her side. Disposes of LF. And then goes to see Jon and Stannis at the Wall about forming an alliance to take out both Frey and Bolton and retake Winterfell. It gives her what she wants (presumably) which is Winterfell and vengeance. It also gives Stannis what he wants, which is loyal allies in the North (and with the Vale and Riverlands in tow, he has almost half of the 7K's in his pocket).

That's my wild speculation for the day.

For me LS has to be in not because of vengeance but because of her part in Brienne's story. I do suppose it's possible for the writers to come up with some lame alteration even though the oath is already in the show - after all Tysha was mentioned too and we know how this played out...

Oh, yeah, for sure. I mean, the vengeance shtick is Arya's. But, Arya is in Braavos. She can't do anything about the Frays, Boltons or anyone else. Sansa however, is right next door and with the Vale army to boot. Also, I think that they've written Sansa's character with a desire to do bad things to those who "hurt the ones we love" (i.e. in her dialogue with Robin and Tyrion's line about "not a killer....yet").

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next season she charms the Vale Lord and Knights to get them on her side. Disposes of LF. And then goes to see Jon and Stannis at the Wall about forming an alliance to take out both Frey and Bolton and retake Winterfell. It gives her what she wants (presumably) which is Winterfell and vengeance. It also gives Stannis what he wants, which is loyal allies in the North (and with the Vale and Riverlands in tow, he has almost half of the 7K's in his pocket).

That's my wild speculation for the day.

I could buy that, but only if there is sufficient character development. I can't see present-Sansa doing those things before a gradual sliding of her morals. She really is no killer yet. Something drastic has to happen and there has to be a lot more breaking bad for Sansa.

It is totally conceivable that she will do what you wrote, but there has to be something interesting in the story that gets her to that point.

From ASOS p.491

It sounds to me like Sansa has a date with Ser Robert Strong.

Ooooo. Interesting plot twist! I don't think I've ever heard this theory. And I can totally see this happening too. Especially when Cersei finds out Sansa is in the Eyrie. Why send an Army (she doesn't really have) when you can send your most ruthless killer to bring back her head? I like it, I like it. :cool4:

Let Sansa be the weapon of vengeance, learning at Uncle Petyr's knee (or something else) - haha.

:lol: :lol:

I could buy that, but only if there is sufficient character development. I can't see present-Sansa doing those things before a gradual sliding of her morals. She really is no killer yet. Something drastic has to happen and there has to be a lot more breaking bad for Sansa.

It is totally conceivable that she will do what you wrote, but there has to be something interesting in the story that gets her to that point.

Yeah, you're right. That stuff can't happen so soon. My timeline is much too rushed. I definitely think, however, that we'll see elements of her charming the Vale Lords/Knights and winning them to her side next season. And perhaps in the meantime she can learn about who the 'players' in the game are (from LF); where everyone currently stands (in terms of alliances, what's happening in KL, the Wall, the East, etc), and what resources she has at her disposal (the Vale Army).

I really hope so. It's honestly hilarious how every year I wait for her and every year I am left HANGING :D

He he hanging. Well its actually really first in this season she need to show up with her encounter with Brienne. I definitely think she will be in with all the stuff they already given us for her to show up. Then the interview on youtube with Headey and Fairley from this year after season 4 had long been finished suggest it to. Fairley even specifically said there that the novels is basically the script for their characters to the show and LS is a character development for Fairley

He he hanging. Well its actually really first in this season she need to show up with her encounter with Brienne. I definitely think she will be in with all the stuff they already given us for her to show up. Then the interview on youtube with Headey and Fairley from this year after season 4 had long been finished suggest it to. Fairley even specifically said there that the novels is basically the script for their characters to the show and LS is a character development for Fairley

Honestly, while I'm still counting on her, we have one or two counter-arguments, namely Tysha : the story was included and there were mentions and hints for the first three seasons, then Boom, no Tysha reveal.

Honestly, while I'm still counting on her, we have one or two counter-arguments, namely Tysha : the story was included and there were mentions and hints for the first three seasons, then Boom, no Tysha reveal.

Exactly, it's still possible she won't be at all, they don't give a damn about consistency on that show/ The only hope is that they are aware of the current outrage, I don't think the fans where this upset before

Exactly, it's still possible she won't be at all, they don't give a damn about consistency on that show/ The only hope is that they are aware of the current outrage, I don't think the fans where this upset before

i agree here...the only hope of getting her is the level of publicity that not getting her this year generated...which, back to Lena....a lot of that rests on her trolling everyone and raising expectations that we would see her.

how many show only people are going to remember the mentions of Cat this season? and for that matter, Ned Stark is still mentioned a lot, and we know he's not showing up anywhere...

i agree here...the only hope of getting her is the level of publicity that not getting her this year generated...which, back to Lena....a lot of that rests on her trolling everyone and raising expectations that we would see her.

how many show only people are going to remember the mentions of Cat this season? and for that matter, Ned Stark is still mentioned a lot, and we know he's not showing up anywhere...

Her pathetic excuse on Kimmel show aka her desperately trying to cover her butt was also infuriating. The level of disrespect for the fans and lack of professionalism among some of the cast and crew is staggering.

Her pathetic excuse on Kimmel show aka her desperately trying to cover her butt was also infuriating. The level of disrespect for the fans and lack of professionalism among some of the cast and crew is staggering.

The only disrespect I see is the endless disrespect that "fans" show at every corner.

The only disrespect I see is the endless disrespect that "fans" show at every corner.

I don't appreciate her trolling the fans and Graves' comments this week. There are lovely people involved in the show - Harington for example who always shows love for the fans, co-stars and crew, but straight up lying to the fans like the showrunners did with 'everything in book 3 will be adapted this year' and what Headey did are not things that earn my respect for sure.

I don't appreciate her trolling the fans and Graves' comments this week. There are lovely people involved in the show - Harington for example who always shows love for the fans, co-stars and crew, but straight up lying to the fans like the showrunners did with 'everything in book 3 will be adapted this year' and what Headey did are not things that earn my respect for sure.

Even if she was having some fun with the FINOs (fans in name only) regarding LS, so what? How is that disrespecting anyone? Should they all go around being humble and deferential, asking forgiveness for each and every sinful transgression they inflicted upon the frail souls and sickly bodies of Book Worshippers and their Salem-ish ilk? Boohoo, the woman posted some stones on her Instagram. Such horror! Such disrespect! What has the world come to? We, the True Fans offered her our endless gratitude and love and this is how the witch repays us?

Fetch me my lyre, please, and let me sing, Petronius! A vial! A vial for my tears!

Oh, lambent flame,

Oh, force divine,

Oh, omnivorous power:

Hail!

I hear some people saying that it was a mistake or they didn't like the re-animation of unCat, I'm assuming because they think Martin went soft and undid what he did with the red wedding. Even some article with an interview with Alex Graves I read had reasons from the writer on why LS was a mistake and how he (Martin) undid his big red wedding moment. I see it a little different, why would anyone want to be a zombie? That shit would suck, if anything it's more of a penance for Catelyn than a gift to the readers. Another Stark slap in the face.

Archived