(Book spoilers) Why did Lena Headey do that?

Panos Targaryen

I hear some people saying that it was a mistake or they didn't like the re-animation of unCat, I'm assuming because they think Martin went soft and undid what he did with the red wedding. Even some article with an interview with Alex Graves I read had reasons from the writer on why LS was a mistake and how he (Martin) undid his big red wedding moment. I see it a little different, why would anyone want to be a zombie? That shit would suck, if anything it's more of a penance for Catelyn than a gift to the readers. Another Stark slap in the face.

Exactly, it only adds to tragedy if anything. It's also the response of the gods to breaking guest right.

I think Lena Headey was just having a bit of fun. I've heard she has a sense of humor, like with her Jimmy Kimmel appearance. It's surprising to me that people online get upset about it. But I suppose it's all the rage to express rage online.

I love that the show is different from the books. Why watch if it is going to be exactly the same? You can always read the books again, if you miss them.

I also thought that Tysha was the sort of thing that doesn't play well in film or tv. It's too much backstory for tv. Way too much. Film is about what's happening NOW, not processing something that happened 10 or 20 years ago. I was glad that the scenes revolving around Tyrion and Tywin death on the tv show only referred to Shae. It made it more immediate. And there's still plenty to ponder and figure out. How long had Shae been sharing Tywin's bed, for instance? Had it been going on the entire time Tyrion knew her? Before the Blackwater? Or was it more recent?

I also remember seeing a picture of Michelle Fairley in make up as Lady Stoneheart. I think we may still see her. There's a lot of story that she could still figure into. In the books it LS had met Brienne and looked like she was about to meet Jaime too. Who knows?

Isn't the Stark with a vengeange thing pretty much embodied with Arya's story?

Sansa never stroke me as the vengeful type, but of course characters can change.

Arya certainly embodies revenge, however just because she has the name Stark, I dont think she really embodies Northern Vengeance. She is more out for herself, anyone that has ever crossed her. If her motives and Stark revenge interlap, well double kill!

Lady Stoneheart, on the surface, really appears to be a weak charachter and I can certainly see why Alex Graves - a person who has been given the "rundown" - thinks shes a one dimensional zombie charachter. But she is much more than that.

She is the embodiment of revenge. What happened to the Starks is heart ripping for readers and the show watchers. I dont think a single death will move anyone like Robb's (Maaaaaybe Oberyn as he was badass and Jon Snow if he dies infact die - doubtful). This family has been dragged through blood the entire series. Lady Stoneheart is the vessel for some senseless murder, she is someone to cheer for and gives the Starks a glimmer of hope.

She is love (insert shrek here). Her resurrection shows that even death cannot break the bonds of love for her family. She is still hellbent on finding her children.

She is a key charachter in Brienne and eventually Jamie's story arc.

She is punishment. Someone eluded to this fantastic point earlier. She acts as god. Westeros is built on vows and oaths, taken very seriously by the Gods. Breaking these has a penalty. One of the strictest vows is that of Guest Right. I dont think the show portrays just how serious breaking Guest Right is. They did a good job of it with the story of the Rat Cook (I hope we get Frey Pies) but it didnt really cement it home. The Freys broke one of the most sacred of vows. There must be a punishment. Lady Stoneheart is that punishment.

If we are to get LSH, she needs to speak. In the books she CAN talk if she covers her throat, but its still a little muffled. I am 100% happy for her to cover her throat everytime she speaks or have a shitload of bandages around her neck. But she needs to talk. I think some simple pale makeup with perhaps bloody eyes would be enough. We dont need to go full zombie on the effects.

Like, I don't understand how people can say, "you guys are naive if you thought that she hasn't Stoneheart".

Lena is an actress

Who works for a show

That is based on books

That has a strong fanbase

That follows her on social media

She is the same actress who knows what's going to happen in the books whether or not she's read them.

It's not a HUGE leap to assume she's interacting with fans when she posts a picture...on her social (!)media(!) Account.

As for LHS happening: we've gotten some foreshadow from the show that suggests that she was going to happen. Bran and his Rat Cook story, at the opening of the season Sansa's description of the RW, Oathkeeper. Why show Beric coming back to life if you don't plan on using it in the future? Why have the BWB?

LHS isn't just "some" zombie. She turns the tide for the North. She begins to eliminate the Frey, which encourages Manderly and Co. which leads to the scheming under Roose's nose, which leads to the fight against Stannis, which leads to the pink letter... LHS is the beginning of the Stark return and it would be very disappointing to not have her on ths show. They've already missed the open window that would make her entrance dramatic.

They could have told us that they weren't planning on having her instead of having us wait and anticipate. It's not like their plots have already been planned for them?

To the people defending Lena by explaining that her Instagram picture was just a random coincidence...come on.

A famous actress on one of the biggest shows on TV posts an otherwise inexplicable picture with a caption that is the exact name of an oft-speculated character whom many people are awaiting with baited breath. If she posts a picture of three gigantic meat pies with the caption "My Frey pies!" will you just assume that's a non-show-related coincidence also?

Add to that the fact that she clearly foreshadowed Oberyn's death, etc.

It would honestly just be really awkward if she was cut at this point. So many cat mentions, inclusion of oathkeeper/Brienne traveling with Pod, inclusion of BWB and resurrection, as well as Thoros and Beric being added to the list. And most importantly in my opinion, the Bran vision of Cat in the tree:

https://www.youtube....h?v=8h5zgsBbv9s

If theres no LSH that vision just seems... Pointless and weird. Why make Cat look creepy here? It wouldn't make sense as a RW foreshadowing.

It would honestly just be really awkward if she was cut at this point. So many cat mentions, inclusion of oathkeeper/Brienne traveling with Pod, inclusion of BWB and resurrection, as well as Thoros and Beric being added to the list. And most importantly in my opinion, the Bran vision of Cat in the tree:

https://www.youtube....h?v=8h5zgsBbv9s

If theres no LSH that vision just seems... Pointless and weird. Why make Cat look creepy here? It wouldn't make sense as a RW foreshadowing.

I didn't see that Cat scene with bran as any sort of foreshadowing or relation to LSH. That was just a desperate mother scared for her son's safety. Not a vengeful badass woman leading a brotherhood and exacting revenge.

I didn't see that Cat scene with bran as any sort of foreshadowing or relation to LSH. That was just a desperate mother scared for her son's safety. Not a vengeful badass woman leading a brotherhood and exacting revenge.

She was furious and cold near the end...not like a mother, just like someone very, very angry and manic

To the people defending Lena by explaining that her Instagram picture was just a random coincidence...come on.

And to all the people yammering on and on about it ... so what?

You're taking life WAY too seriously if a photo on instagram is getting your panties in a bunch this much over an entirely fictional piece of media and literature.

They were clearly going for creepy and ominous. It wasnt blatantly stoneheart of course, it would be ridiculous if she had the a cut throat and the brotherhood and hung freys swaying in the background,

Its a scene that if the series finish with no LSH I will look back on as totally useless.

Skin so itchy. I think I'm allergic to something....

Song stuck in my head... "Get your rocks off, get your rocks off honey. Shake it now now, get 'em off downtown..."

You've all gone a lil cray cray and have started descending into madness. Don't do that. Leave it to the pros....

I still think that you're all the witches tits... ♥

Fuck, I have to keep it on topic no?! Lena Headey, I hate you. You suck monkeyballs and stuff! You're like such a troll, or an orc or something! There, that ok? Nailed it! Awesome sauce....

But that's it. Finished. No more bickering guys. Summer skies, sparkling wines and sweaty thighs. Spread love, no arguing amongst yourselves my lovelies. Life is short and shit as it is. Smile and spread nothing but love & positivity....

Got that bloody song stuck in my head now. Thanks bunches!

Have today flown US > UK. At least 97% of the flight was spent playing an ABBA Medley in my head. The other 3% was spent showing my knickers off to random people...

And you think that you have it tough Breastplate Nipples?! (Awesome freakin' name by the way! A+ for originality!).

Now visiting folks confused, grumpy and jet-lagged...

Being an anti-social shit as we speak... Feeding my addiction to Google on my phone in one hand, glass of wine in the other... Blocking out the wonderful people around me....

Why is it sometimes so much harder to be sociable to those we care about and love? Even when we are so happy to see them? It's so much easier to fake it with strangers and people that we don't give a flying cow-shit about?!

I like this place? Perhaps I could use it as a kind of therapy?

Then again, you're all nuts too! I mean in a good way. Obviously...

Anyway enjoy your weekend, you bloody lovely bunch of loonies! ♥

Just out of curiosity why did you post that pic? Trolling?

Have today flown US > UK. At least 97% of the flight was spent playing an ABBA Medley in my head. The other 3% was spent showing my knickers off to random people...

And you think that you have it tough Breastplate Nipples?! (Awesome freakin' name by the way! A+ for originality!).

Being an anti-social shit as we speak... Feeding my addiction to Google on my phone in one hand, glass of wine in the other... Blocking out the wonderful people around me....

Why is it sometimes so much harder to be sociable to those we care about and love? Even when we are so happy to see them? It's so much easier to fake it with strangers and people that we don't give a flying cow-shit about?!

If you post a picture of three meat pies, I really will love you more forever than I already do. :D

Keep flying and keep trolling - more instagram pictures, more hilarity and please sell your "I'm not Sorry" teeshirts, many of us here will buy one!

Oh and as for Graves or whoever suggested it's beneath Michelle to work as a zombie:

She played in Harry Potter.

She sat on a couch

She had one line.

Clearly she doesn't mind "taking one for the team".

lol someone said LSH is "beneath her"? wtf?

and come on, it's an obvious troll, not a coincidence.

No one should be directing or writing who hasn't read the books.

It wasn't his opinion. He gave the facts as a show insider. I'm not sure why reading the books would be a prerequisite to directing the show. I'd give you writing and probably producing, but I doubt it a director truly needs that knowledge.

Of course Stoneheart is going to be in the series. What?

If the scene didn't make sense this season, how will it make sense next season? They have two whole books adapt, the high cost of bringing the actress back, and the RW will be two years old. Cat who?

Archived