(Book spoilers) Why did Lena Headey do that?

Panos Targaryen

Have today flown US > UK. At least 97% of the flight was spent playing an ABBA Medley in my head. The other 3% was spent showing my knickers off to random people...

And you think that you have it tough Breastplate Nipples?! (Awesome freakin' name by the way! A+ for originality!).

Now visiting folks confused, grumpy and jet-lagged...

Being an anti-social shit as we speak... Feeding my addiction to Google on my phone in one hand, glass of wine in the other... Blocking out the wonderful people around me....

Why is it sometimes so much harder to be sociable to those we care about and love? Even when we are so happy to see them? It's so much easier to fake it with strangers and people that we don't give a flying cow-shit about?!

I like this place? Perhaps I could use it as a kind of therapy?

Then again, you're all nuts too! I mean in a good way. Obviously...

Anyway enjoy your weekend, you bloody lovely bunch of loonies! ♥

what does this even mean?

what does this even mean?

The poster (who we have no reason to think is not Lena Headey) just made a long flight from the US to the UK and is now with family (the knickers part is probably passing through security). She's currently jetlagged and hiding from the family and friends she flew all that way to see, which is both strange and the human condition. She has a glass of wine and her phone and is just reading our comments. And we're all kinda crazy about this book or whatever, and she kinda likes that and she hopes we have a great weekend.

If the scene didn't make sense this season, how will it make sense next season? They have two whole books adapt, the high cost of bringing the actress back, and the RW will be two years old. Cat who?

They can use a stunt double or another cheaper actress. Lady SH does not look like Cat anymore and she does not need to talk.

If the scene didn't make sense this season, how will it make sense next season? They have two whole books adapt, the high cost of bringing the actress back, and the RW will be two years old. Cat who?

You really have no clue what you are talking about. Cat who you say the one they have been refering to so many times. Brienne's pledge and Oath to Cat they keep coming back to, oathkeeper sword which is crucial when Brienne and LS meet, plus Fairley has already said she is interested in the role, and so on and so on

You really have no clue what you are talking about. Cat who you say the one they have been refering to so many times. Brienne's pledge and Oath to Cat they keep coming back to, oathkeeper sword which is crucial when Brienne and LS meet, plus Fairley has already said she is interested in the role, and so on and so on

Agreed. No one is going to forget her anytime soon. And too high a cost to bring the actress back? lolol

Did you read Alex Graves' interview? He said they never considered bringing in LS this year because they didn't have time for it (planning-wise) and couldn't justify bringing Michelle in for one scene. Clearly they won't have LS as a body double, and neither of this conditions changes next season. I was speaking of viewers not recognizing her as Cat. I think that story passed its expiration date.

They can use a stunt double or another cheaper actress. Lady SH does not look like Cat anymore and she does not need to talk.

Also, it's pretty important for viewers to recognize LS as Cat. In the book she clawed her face, so the reader knew it was Cat right away. Show Cat didn't claw her face, so they need Michelle. You disagree, so explain your opinion.

Have today flown US > UK. At least 97% of the flight was spent playing an ABBA Medley in my head. The other 3% was spent showing my knickers off to random people...

And you think that you have it tough Breastplate Nipples?! (Awesome freakin' name by the way! A+ for originality!).

Now visiting folks confused, grumpy and jet-lagged...

Being an anti-social shit as we speak... Feeding my addiction to Google on my phone in one hand, glass of wine in the other... Blocking out the wonderful people around me....

Why is it sometimes so much harder to be sociable to those we care about and love? Even when we are so happy to see them? It's so much easier to fake it with strangers and people that we don't give a flying cow-shit about?!

I like this place? Perhaps I could use it as a kind of therapy?

Then again, you're all nuts too! I mean in a good way. Obviously...

Anyway enjoy your weekend, you bloody lovely bunch of loonies! ♥

Thank you LH031073

Falls in :love:

The poster (who we have no reason to think is not Lena Headey) just made a long flight from the US to the UK and is now with family (the knickers part is probably passing through security). She's currently jetlagged and hiding from the family and friends she flew all that way to see, which is both strange and the human condition. She has a glass of wine and her phone and is just reading our comments. And we're all kinda crazy about this book or whatever, and she kinda likes that and she hopes we have a great weekend.

Nicely summed up :)

Did you read Alex Graves' interview? He said they never considered bringing in LS this year because they didn't have time for it (planning-wise) and couldn't justify bringing Michelle in for one scene.... I think that story passed its expiration date.

This is false.

If they had included LS in the finale as so many people seem to have hoped, then it would have been bringing Michelle back for just one very small scene. However if they include her in season 5, she can have a full season arc, which includes her near hanging of Brienne and Pod, fetching Jamie, and wherever the story goes from there.

This is, IMO why she was not in season 4 but will be in season 5, played by Michelle. The story right now is exactly where it needs to be to introduce her as Brienne follows Arya to Saltpans, finds out about the massacre at Saltpans/Maidenpool, thinks Aray is dead, and goes back to thinking about Sansa, while coming across hanging Freys etc.

Personally I would have like to have had it as the last scene before the end. But I can see why they might have left it out. The Arya ending was pretty cool.

It might be good that they are saving it for next season that way they have more time to maybe set it up. I know I wouldn't be confused, but I have friends who haven't read the novels that may not remember the BWB and how they brought people back.

This is false.

If they had included LS in the finale as so many people seem to have hoped, then it would have been bringing Michelle back for just one very small scene. However if they include her in season 5, she can have a full season arc, which includes her near hanging of Brienne and Pod, fetching Jamie, and wherever the story goes from there.

This is, IMO why she was not in season 4 but will be in season 5, played by Michelle. The story right now is exactly where it needs to be to introduce her as Brienne follows Arya to Saltpans, finds out about the massacre at Saltpans/Maidenpool, thinks Aray is dead, and goes back to thinking about Sansa, while coming across hanging Freys etc.

Can you imagine the backlash here if they invented a full season arc for LS and some of Tyrion's journey or Jon taking inventory under the Wall? IIRC, she's in two scenes in the books. I don't think they want to go there, but we'll see.

Archived