NBA Offseason - LeBronapalooza

Trebla

I believe there is some measure of sincerity there, but Northeast Ohio doesn't mean more to him than basketball. If it did he never would have left, even to collect championships.

I think he took to heart "You don't know what you've got until its gone." I don't know if the state means more to him then the game, but unless the team completely implodes due to truly boneheaded front office moves I don't think he's going to be leaving again. Its clear he signed the two-year deal with the opt out just to maintain total flexibility in adjusting to the upcmong TV deal and the potential of another lockout after the 16-17 season (which there's been early rumblings of) so that he can maximize his salary.

I think he took to heart "You don't know what you've got until its gone." I don't know if the state means more to him then the game, but unless the team completely implodes due to truly boneheaded front office moves I don't think he's going to be leaving again. Its clear he signed the two-year deal with the opt out just to maintain total flexibility in adjusting to the upcmong TV deal and the potential of another lockout after the 16-17 season (which there's been early rumblings of) so that he can maximize his salary.

I suppose, but then you have to take that to mean that money means more to him than either Northeast Ohio or basketball. Not that I fault him for that, I'm just more than a little tired of this guy being painted in an altruistic light. :ack:

I suppose, but then you have to take that to mean that money means more to him than either Northeast Ohio or basketball. Not that I fault him for that, I'm just more than a little tired of this guy being painted in an altruistic light. :ack:

Well it's clearly money is not the ONLY issue. He could've made the same money in Miami with a better short term team. He could've gone anywhere for a short term deal, and it would've been a better short term situation than Cleveland. Cleveland is the better long term prospect at the moment, but a team with a young, inexperienced Kyrie as your #2 isn't an immediate upgrade.

Well it's clearly money is not the ONLY issue. He could've made the same money in Miami with a better short term team. He could've gone anywhere for a short term deal, and it would've been a better short term situation than Cleveland. Cleveland is the better long term prospect at the moment, but a team with a young, inexperienced Kyrie as your #2 isn't an immediate upgrade.

Eh, I'd say he's in a better situation immediately. Wade is clearly not the player he once was. Would you trade Irving for Wade? Plus he will demand a salary that will probably not be in line with what he produces. At this point, I think Cavs>Heat. I don't think LeBron made any kind of selfless sacrifice by coming back to the Cavs. The Heat are clearly in no position to contend with the best teams in the West, with or without LeBron. The Cavs just might be over the next couple of seasons.

Eh, I'd say he's in a better situation immediately. Wade is clearly not the player he once was. Would you trade Irving for Wade? Plus he will demand a salary that will probably not be in line with what he produces. At this point, I think Cavs>Heat. I don't think LeBron made any kind of selfless sacrifice by coming back to the Cavs. The Heat are clearly in no position to contend with the best teams in the West, with or without LeBron. The Cavs just might be over the next couple of seasons.

That's faulty reasoning. Would I trade Irving for Wade for ONE season? Yeah, in a heartbeat. Kyrie still shoots inefficiently and is a terrible defender. He's also liable to miss games, as he's missed more than Wade the past 3 seasons so that's a wash. Kyrie will be better going forward, but he's not better NOW. And who is the third option in Cleveland? They're certainly not Bosh I'll tell you that. And where is the defense outside of LeBron? Nowhere, because it doesn't exist.

Miami with LeBron could still beat any team not named San Antonio. No other team has their combination of passing, coaching, depth, and size. The Cavaliers now will lose to San Antonio as well, and they have a chance at losing to OKC or the Clippers, two teams Miami with LeBron could handle.

And Miami officially gets Luol Deng

Great signing. Does miami have room left to do more signings?

I guess houston isn't going to sign parsons at such a mega deal, so parsons to Dallas.

Which means few teams left to contend for stephenson.

Great signing. Does miami have room left to do more signings?

I guess houston isn't going to sign parsons at such a mega deal, so parsons to Dallas.

Which means few teams left to contend for stephenson.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Wade is flexible when it comes to his contract, and Miami still has over 12 million dollars to offer.

Again, I'm waiting for an update from one of the guys I follow to see what Miami's cap situation is, but I'm confident in saying that Miami has enough to add one more solid piece before going after the minimum guys.

Edit: Sheridan says Miami is close to bringing back Birdman. If Miami can add another big so that Bosh can move back to his natural position, that'd be great, but Sheridan is also saying that Miami wants to go after Bledsoe, so we'll see.

Tales of the Heats demise have been greatly exaggerated. Okay, y'all lost LeBron. But y'all are about to have more depth than y'all have had in years. This isn't a team that can beat a Western Conference opponent in the finals. But I feel confident in saying they have a good shot to make it there.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Wade is flexible when it comes to his contract, and Miami still has over 12 million dollars to offer.

Again, I'm waiting for an update from one of the guys I follow to see what Miami's cap situation is, but I'm confident in saying that Miami has enough to add one more solid piece before going after the minimum guys.

Edit: Sheridan says Miami is close to bringing back Birdman. If Miami can add another big so that Bosh can move back to his natural position, that'd be great, but Sheridan is also saying that Miami wants to go after Bledsoe, so we'll see.

Bledsoe would be fantastic, but phoenix is said to match any offer.

Let´s see.

Bosh 20.7 Deng 10 McBob 5.3 Granger 2.1 Cole 2 Napier 1

There´s about 20M left for Wade, Haslem and anyone else before minimums.

Mcbob and Granger haven't signed as Miami tries to become a capped team and sign them to the exceptions, so take away 7.4 million.

So roughly 12 million left if Wade takes 15 a year

Edit: again, that's my understanding, I could be wrong and mcbob and granger could count against cap.

Edit 2: from what I'm reading, I think you're correct in that they will count against cap and Miami won't act as capped. I'm just confused over here lol

That's faulty reasoning. Would I trade Irving for Wade for ONE season? Yeah, in a heartbeat. Kyrie still shoots inefficiently and is a terrible defender. He's also liable to miss games, as he's missed more than Wade the past 3 seasons so that's a wash. Kyrie will be better going forward, but he's not better NOW. And who is the third option in Cleveland? They're certainly not Bosh I'll tell you that. And where is the defense outside of LeBron? Nowhere, because it doesn't exist.

Miami with LeBron could still beat any team not named San Antonio. No other team has their combination of passing, coaching, depth, and size. The Cavaliers now will lose to San Antonio as well, and they have a chance at losing to OKC or the Clippers, two teams Miami with LeBron could handle.

Irving becomes a better player just by being on the floor with James. Wade no longer has that luxury. Can't say I know enough about the Cavs current roster to rate their defense, but I can't imagine it's that far behind Miami's minus LeBron.

I don't believe that the Heat were better than any of the top 3 teams in the West this season. I think they would've had their hands full with OKC or the Clips. And granted, The Cavs aren't beating any of those teams next season either, but going forward, they are in a much better position to do so than the Heat are.

Irving becomes a better player just by being on the floor with James. Wade no longer has that luxury. Can't say I know enough about the Cavs current roster to rate their defense, but I can't imagine it's that far behind Miami's minus LeBron.

I don't believe that the Heat were better than any of the top 3 teams in the West this season. I think they would've had their hands full with OKC or the Clips. And granted, The Cavs aren't beating any of those teams next season either, but going forward, they are in a much better position to do so than the Heat are.

It's definitely behind Miami's minus LeBron. No starter could be called a "terrible" defender, Kyrie can. Irving will get more looks, but that's not helping his defense. And Wade was always efficient, which led to his hyper efficiency with LeBron. Kyrie isn't efficient to begin with.

Miami last year had the tools to beat OKC, which is basically Miami lite but with even less options, terrible half court sets and a questionable coach. Going forward Cleveland is definitely the better team with LeBron, but in the immediate, Miami with LeBron would've been better.

MLE is only for teams that are and stay over the cap and if you can just sign a free agent (Deng) you´re not capped. After you hit the cap again you have the room exception (~$2.7M).

Ah thanks for the clarification, too many cap rules to keep track of.

Parsons to the Mavericks, done.

About Cleveland, surely these guys still need to make some roster moves now so it's hard to see where they are at for next season.

They'll only have Varejao at center who hasn't played more than 40 games for a few seasons now, apparently.

Tristan Thompson is more of a backup at PF.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Archived