most dangerous woman in ASOIAF

Well considering she's never had a single thought about the Others/WW I'd say it's a safe bet.

Let's put it this way, would a person in a remote Amazon village having a dream about a car (who maybe heard about cars before, but certainly never seen one), be the same as someone who has seen cars with their own eyes having a similar dream? And also has someone around them who is obsessed with cars and is always going on about them?

Considering Viserys pumped her full of BS, he probably convinced her that their ancestors destroyed all of them..... Aside from that it is possible that since she is living in exile, the WW's are hardly a thing that she is concerned about.

Ok making an argument regarding someone's reaction to a dream I buy. Yes Dany would be slightly confused or enthusiastic, but that isn't the same as arguing that she is the chosen one because her dreams reveal something new to her. Since you are fond of car examples. Let me ask you this. Who would you rather drive the car, the person familiar with it or the person who never heard of one. Might as well hand the wheel to someone intoxicated.

It's like Inception I suppose. In a way. I guess that's what you guys are arguing about. The originality of ideas, their presence in our minds, how they penetrate our subconscious, influence our dreams and such things.

Also, it's getting harder and harder to find a thread that doesn't eventually descend to "Dany the Good vs Dany the Bad." I hypothesize that if I start a thread about Hordor it will eventually turn into an argument about how horrible Dany is then it will have to be shut down because it seems on this forum everything can be related back to Dany...further proving her awesomeness. *now I wait for the rotten tomatoes*

PS: Yes, I'm another one of "those annoying Dany fans"

It's like Inception I suppose. In a way. I guess that's what you guys are arguing about. The originality of ideas, their presence in our minds, how they penetrate our subconscious, influence our dreams and such things.

Also, it's getting harder and harder to find a thread that doesn't eventually descend to "Dany the Good vs Dany the Bad." I hypothesize that if I start a thread about Hordor it will eventually turn into an argument about how horrible Dany is then it will have to be shut down because it seems on this forum everything can be related back to Dany...further proving her awesomeness. *now I wait for the rotten tomatoes*

PS: Yes, I'm another one of "those annoying Dany fans"

:lol: It's seems around here those who hate Dany discuss her more than those who like her. If you noticed most of the Dany threads are not appreciation threads. :P

^I've noticed the same thing actually. If not in ASOIAF, then at least on this forum she's the most dangerous character...discussing her often leads to the locking of threads and I suspect the banishment of posters.

Cersei is the most crazy and likely to cause harm to people for no apparent reason.

Melisandre has the most magical power, and Since women aren't generally warriors (sans Mormonts and Brienne.)

The Queen of Thorns is the post politically savvy and the ultimate player of the game.

Dany has dragons, Drogon especially.

Arya will probably become a Faceless (wo)Man and hopefully complete list.

Depends on what type of danger you mean.

• Arya at a personal/physical level

Dany at a World impacting level

I know a lot of people don't like Dany Nowadays but I really don't see how you could let that keep her off a most dangerous list.

I wouldn't say it's a lot of people, I think 4-5 energetic people are providing 90% of the anti-Dany juice.

I know a lot of people don't like Dany Nowadays but I really don't see how you could let that keep her off a most dangerous list.

I certainly have little regard for Daenerys, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize that she's dangerous. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Is that mean most of us like dangerous woman and had threw the dime novel away? I don't think so.

Maybe some people likes Danny but never put her in a dangerous list because she was feminist and anti slavery.

Because the question is who is the most dangerous woman. Dany is not dangerous, her dragons are. For sake of argument, let's say a giant krakken emerges from the narrow sea and swallows all three dragons. If you met Dany in an ally, would you be afraid of her? I wouldn't. She has yet to prove that she can fight. She barks orders fairly well, but that isn't exactly dangerous.

I guess some of us isolate the character, and strip away all of the external forces. My choice is based on the characters ability to be a deadly foe without the use of unusual weapons/friends. Sort of having a discussion on boxers. Two men/women who have a specific skill set.

Because the question is who is the most dangerous woman. Dany is not dangerous, her dragons are. For sake of argument, let's say a giant krakken emerges from the narrow sea and swallows all three dragons. If you met Dany in an ally, would you be afraid of her? I wouldn't. She has yet to prove that she can fight. She barks orders fairly well, but that isn't exactly dangerous.

I guess some of us isolate the character, and strip away all of the external forces. My choice is based on the characters ability to be a deadly foe without the use of unusual weapons/friends. Sort of having a discussion on boxers. Two men/women who have a specific skill set.

But Dany would NEVER be alone in an ally - that's why your logic is so ridiculous. The power and influence she has created for herself means that you would be facing her soldiers or Drogon as well as her. That makes her more dangerous than any of the other female characters in the series.

Just take a look at Mero's attempted assassination of Dany - within seconds he was attacked by Barristan, her Silver, and then he was literally torn apart by a horde of freed men and women who love her.

And Kraznys would beg to differ about Dany's fighting skills - she managed to tear his face "half to pieces" with one strike of a whip.

Again, pen-sword. Which is mightier again ?

Saying that Dany isn't dangerous, because dragons, is sort of like saying a terrorist with WMDs isn't dangerous. After all, take away the WMDs, and he's just a crazy militant weirdo, right ?

Barking orders is all Stalin, Hitler and most other mass-murdering despots have done, very rarely did they take to the field personally massacring all those people. The danger of barking orders all depends on who listens to them and how devoted they are to following them. Daenerys' followers are both fairly powerful (in the area she currently is) and pretty much utterly devoted to following her orders. Which makes her barkings quite dangerous, indeed.

But Dany would NEVER be alone in an ally - that's why your logic is so ridiculous. The power and influence she has created for herself means that you would be facing her soldiers or Drogon as well as her. That makes her more dangerous than any of the other female characters in the series.

Just take a look at Mero's attempted assassination of Dany - within seconds he was attacked by Barristan, her Silver, and then he was literally torn apart by a horde of freed men and women who love her.

And Kraznys would beg to differ about Dany's fighting skills - she managed to tear his face "half to pieces" with one strike of a whip.

You missed the point. The question isn't who is the most dangerous commander, most dangerous woman with an entourage, etc. It is the most dangerous woman.

Your idea of hand-to-hand combat is quite bizarre. That was an isolated incident, and not proven in the middle of battle. Standing there and whipping someone doesn't prove anything. Also, if you knew how whips were constructed in the middle ages, you would realize that anyone could crack a whip and tear someone's face off. That is hardly evidence that DT is dangerous. Just cherry picking.

Typical DT fan, must like dany otherwise your opinion is ridiculous.....

Again, pen-sword. Which is mightier again ?

Saying that Dany isn't dangerous, because dragons, is sort of like saying a terrorist with WMDs isn't dangerous. After all, take away the WMDs, and he's just a crazy militant weirdo, right ?

Barking orders is all Stalin, Hitler and most other mass-murdering despots have done, very rarely did they take to the field personally massacring all those people. The danger of barking orders all depends on who listens to them and how devoted they are to following them. Daenerys' followers are both fairly powerful (in the area she currently is) and pretty much utterly devoted to following her orders. Which makes her barkings quite dangerous, indeed.

Again the question is who is the most dangerous woman, not who has the most assets, etc. that make them dangerous. If the question was, "which woman has the most power, allies, etc making them the most dangerous?", then I would say Dany because she has the dragons. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Dany was nothing before her dragons hatched. The dragons gave her power. Just like Hitler was nothing before he was elected and was allowed to enact his policies. Without being handed power, neither would be where they were. Again I based my opinion on what the characters can do without external forces. There may be a point on a battlefield when Dany has to fight without aid. Or are most of you lost on the realities of war? Amidst chaos, confusion, etc Dany may not have someone there to protect her.

You missed the point. The question isn't who is the most dangerous commander, most dangerous woman with an entourage, etc. It is the most dangerous woman. Typical DT fan, must like dany otherwise your opinion is ridiculous.....

No, YOU missed the point. You would never face Daenerys alone because of the massive levels of support she has. That makes her dangerous.

The OP makes absolutely no claims that this thread is about physical prowess - hell, the Queen of Thorns is mentioned in the first post!

I'll repeat my point: the last time Dany was nearly killed, he was torn apart by a mob of her devoted followers.

More recently, she ran towards a dangerous situation and fought her dragon until he submitted.

And, again, she hit Kraznys so hard with one strike of a whip that his face was torn "half to pieces".

Archived