most dangerous woman in ASOIAF

Again the question is who is the most dangerous woman, not who has the most assets, etc. that make them dangerous. If the question was, "which woman has the most power, allies, etc making them the most dangerous?", then I would say Dany because she has the dragons.

No, I'm sorry but you do not get to define the definition of "dangerous" used here. If there is one person who gets to do that, it's the OP.

Precisely what constitues the danger of said woman (power, allies, personal ability to harm) was not specified in the OP. Thus, the logical conclusion would be to value the danger of women regardless of what this danger is based on. And there, Daenerys wins, hands down.

Because the question is who is the most dangerous woman. Dany is not dangerous, her dragons are. For sake of argument, let's say a giant krakken emerges from the narrow sea and swallows all three dragons. If you met Dany in an ally, would you be afraid of her? I wouldn't. She has yet to prove that she can fight. She barks orders fairly well, but that isn't exactly dangerous.

I guess some of us isolate the character, and strip away all of the external forces. My choice is based on the characters ability to be a deadly foe without the use of unusual weapons/friends. Sort of having a discussion on boxers. Two men/women who have a specific skill set.

This is like saying Jaime Lannister would not.be dangerous without his sword. Drogon is Dany's dragon. A Dragon is a weapon, and highly dangerous. Dany uses that weapon, so she is dangerous.

No, I'm sorry but you do not get to define the definition of "dangerous" used here. If there is one person who gets to do that, it's the OP.

Precisely what constitues the danger of said woman (power, allies, personal ability to harm) was not specified in the OP. Thus, the logical conclusion would be to value the danger of women regardless of what this danger is based on. And there, Daenerys wins, hands down.

Actually since it is my opinion, I do.

No, YOU missed the point. You would never face Daenerys alone because of the massive levels of support she has. That makes her dangerous.

The OP makes absolutely no claims that this thread is about physical prowess - hell, the Queen of Thorns is mentioned in the first post!

I'll repeat my point: the last time Dany was nearly killed, he was torn apart by a mob of her devoted followers.

More recently, she ran towards a dangerous situation and fought her dragon until he submitted.

And, again, she hit Kraznys so hard with one strike of a whip that his face was torn "half to pieces".

Again you have little knowledge of warfare it seems. Medieval battles, as are westerosi battles, are mass events of confusion, etc. There will be a time when Dany is alone on the battlefield and forced to fight for herself.

No I specified that unusual weapons. Drogon is unusual, a sword is not.

Again: Dany caused significant damage to Kraznys with a whip, which is a common Dothraki weapon.

If I saw Dany racing towards me on her Silver with a whip in hand... I'd run the hell away.

Again you have little knowledge of warfare it seems. Medieval battles, as are westerosi battles, are mass events of confusion, etc. There will be a time when Dany is alone on the battlefield and forced to fight for herself.

Dany will be in the sky on Drogon, so your point is moot.

Again: Dany caused significant damage to Kraznys with a whip, which is a common Dothraki weapon.

If I saw Dany racing towards me on her Silver with a whip in hand... I'd run the hell away.

Yes and I believe he stood there are received the blow unexpectedly. There is a reason whips were not used on a medieval battlefield.......

No I specified that unusual weapons. Drogon is unusual, a sword is not.

Drogon is still a weapon though, and more importantly Dany's weapon. Thus, she is dangerous.

Honestly, if we are classing the QoT, Cersei and Catelyn as dangerous, we have to class Dany as dangerous too. You can be dangerous without being a brilliant fighter you know.

Dany would be unlikely to participate in a melee on the battlefield. Either she'll be riding Drogon, or she'll be guarded by her knights. A monarch who is present on the battlefield can still leave the actual fighting to others.

Drogon is still a weapon though, and more importantly Dany's weapon. Thus, she is dangerous.

Honestly, if we are classing the QoT, Cersei and Catelyn as dangerous, we have to class Dany as dangerous too. You can be dangerous without being a brilliant fighter you know.

That is your opinion, not mine. As I qualified my response by stating stripping the individuals down to their bare abilities. I never said any of the above three were dangerous. I believe my response was Ayra and Brienne.

But as usual, it seems on this forum that if you don't idolize Dany people either a) argue that you are essentially an idiot b ) you don't read the books c) or your opinion doesn;t count because Dany isn't involved.

Dany would be unlikely to participate in a melee on the battlefield. Either she'll be riding Drogon, or she'll be guarded by her knights. A monarch who is present on the battlefield can still leave the actual fighting to others.

And can still be killed....Harold I, Richard III, and numerous other European/non-European monarchs have fallen in battle.

And if her knights fall or drogon is killed?

That is your opinion, not mine. As I qualified my response by stating stripping the individuals down to their bare abilities. I never said any of the above three were dangerous. I believe my response was Ayra and Brienne.

But as usual, it seems on this forum that if you don't idolize Dany people either a) argue that you are essentially an idiot b) you don't read the books c) or your opinion doesn;t count because Dany isn't involved.

Sorry, I.didnt see who you said. If thats your definition dangerous then thats fair enough. I would.disagree but you are entitled to your.opinion.

And why is it always Dany fans who are bashed? I misunderstood/didnt properly.read what you said, its.not just because Dany is involved. I never once said or.implied you are an idiot, or havent read the books,.and the bit.about your opinion was misunderstanding. What you said about her fans applies to all the fandoms, whether it.be Jon.Snow, Stannis, Sansa or whoever. Don't single out one.group as worse than the.others.

Sorry, I.didnt see who you said. If thats your definition dangerous then thats fair enough. I would.disagree but you are entitled to your.opinion.

And why is it always Dany fans who are bashed? I misunderstood/didnt properly.read what you said, its.not just because Dany is involved. I never once said or.implied you are an idiot, or havent read the books,.and the bit.about your opinion was misunderstanding. What you said about her fans applies to all the fandoms, whether it.be Jon.Snow, Stannis, Sansa or whoever. Don't single out one.group as worse than the.others.

No, I normally enjoy your posts....it comes primarily from some of the others.....

Oh I wasn't referring to you with the a,b,c.

True, but lately I have noticed that if someone mentions anything about Dany, the lid goes off and stupid reigns supreme. Believe me, I know of one poster who is a bit over the top (an anti-Dany person). But because I don;t think Dany is dangerous as a stand alone, suddenly people cannot take that opinion.

Yeah, well, I am no Dany fan, but she is very dangerous, her lack of physical prowess nothwithstanding. Great warriors like Barristan, Brienne, Jaime, Sandor kill people one at a time, where Dany can order people to be killed by the hundreds.

Yeah, well, I am no Dany fan, but she is very dangerous, her lack of physical prowess nothwithstanding. Great warriors like Barristan, Brienne, Jaime, Sandor kill people one at a time, where Dany can order people to be killed by the hundreds.

True, but again i am looking at the individual and what they can do themselves. Not by ordering others. As I said, if we are looking at who holds the most power as a leader, then I would say Dany. She has dragons and a loyal army, but I was looking at the individual and their abilities.

The OP was vague, and that is fine. Because the OP was vague, it is my choice how to direct my answer. If the OP said which woman holds the most powerful army, etc and I decided to answer as I have, that would be grounds for a WTF. SInce the OP was ambiguous and did not define what they meant, I am at liberty to develop my personal definition.

Also....You would think after admitting that if we were discussing power base, etc that Dany would be number 1, people would see that I am making a distinction between two forms. SO there should be no need for the ridiculous rants towards my opinion. It isn't like I argued that regardless of the scenario, Dany is a joke.

A person can be very dangerous, without being a warrior. Littlefinger, for example.

Yes I agree. But I don't, IMO, see dany as having LF's skill-set. And again my point was what the individual can do on their own. LF is dangerous because he works behind the scenes, but I would like to see him defend himself.

I certainly see you point, and it is a valid one. But it is not the pov I was arguing from.

No, I normally enjoy your posts....it comes primarily from some of the others.....

Oh I wasn't referring to you with the a,b,c.

True, but lately I have noticed that if someone mentions anything about Dany, the lid goes off and stupid reigns supreme. Believe me, I know of one poster who is a bit over the top (an anti-Dany person). But because I don;t think Dany is dangerous as a stand alone, suddenly people cannot take that opinion.

Oh. Well.

:cheers: then I guess.

The reason there is so much "Dany Defence" atm is.because the forum is going through one of its Dany aggressors cycles. Soon they will fade, then we'll have the Stannis agressors and Stannis defence, then perhaps Catelyn aggressors and Catelyn defence. The Sansa, Jon etc etc....

Its a never ending cycle. We are currently in the Dany phase, hence all the Dany hate and Dany.defence at present

Archived