most dangerous woman in ASOIAF

Not to mention his qualifications of what a badass is all have to do with swinging a sword or being a warrior. Dany and Cat are a couple of the most badass characters, I don't care what anyone says.

Sadly both of their Badass moments gets thrashed or overshadowed due to the hate they receive

for me , Cat's taking prisoner of Tyrion and danny's Astoper scene are few of the best badass moments i have seen in the books

Not to mention his qualifications of what a badass is all have to do with swinging a sword or being a warrior. Dany and Cat are a couple of the most badass characters, I don't care what anyone says.

Pretty ironic seeing as he seens Tywin to be quite a badass and not being a warrior...

Sadly both of their Badass moments gets thrashed or overshadowed due to the hate they receive

for me , Cat's taking prisoner of Tyrion and danny's Astoper scene are few of the best badass moments i have seen in the books

I was never really into Cat but yeah she is pretty badass.

Dany's Astapor scene is one of most badass moment in the books and personally the most badass in the show.(Up until they reach the fighting pit scene at least) :whip:

Dany also dreams of fighting an army armored in ice. And she hasn't heard of AA like Jon has. So her dream is more significant than Jon's.

Anyway there's no reason to keep discussing this. You're not even the slightest bit open to the idea it could be Daenerys. And this thread isn't about who AA is.

While I know your responding to someone who is a bit cracked, I wouldn't say that her dream is more significant because she hasn't heard of AA. She hasn't heard of much really, and she is ignorant to quite a bit for someone so high on themselves and their family.

While I know your responding to someone who is a bit cracked, I wouldn't say that her dream is more significant because she hasn't heard of AA. She hasn't heard of much really, and she is ignorant to quite a bit for someone so high on themselves and their family.

Not sure what your point is? Other than a chance to call Dany ignorant that is.

Not sure what your point is? Other than a chance to call Dany ignorant that is.

You stated that her dream is more significant than Jon's because she had not heard of AA. I am simply stating that it is erroneous to suggest it is more important because she had never heard of something.

Don't be so offended by the word ignorant, it doesn't mean stupid; instead it means to lack knowledge or awareness of something. You just stated that she has not heard of AA therefore yes she is ignorant of AA. But there are several things she is ignorant of, unless you are trying to argue that she is all knowing?

You Dany fans are overly sensitive about critiques, even when they are fair. Arguing that Jon's dream is less significant because he has heard of AA is just wishful thinking.

Actually it makes more sense that Jon would have an AA dream after hearing about it. Our daily lives influence our dreams. Dany otoh has, as many people love to point out, never given concern or thought about the Others. So it speaks more volumes that Dany has a dream about fighting an ice army despite not intending to than Jon fighting one when he's both trying to do that and has heard of AA.

Actually it makes more sense that Jon would have an AA dream after hearing about it. Our daily lives influence our dreams. Dany otoh has, as many people love to point out, never given concern or thought about the Others. So it speaks more volumes that Dany has a dream about fighting an ice army despite not intending to than Jon fighting one when he's both trying to do that and has heard of AA.

Sure but is there anything to prove that Jon would not have had that dream? If not, it seems to be pure speculation. I certainly get your point regarding the link between one's daily life and dreams, but to say one is more significant than the other seems to be a stretch. If we knew that Jon would not have had the dream, then it may have some merit.

But for sake of argument. I am pretty sure that Jon isn't the only person in Westeros who has heard of AA, so how many people are having AA dreams? I know spiderman didn't exist in Westeros, so do all the little boys grow up dreaming of AA? Sarcasm aside. If everyone in Westeros who has heard of AA began having dreams of AA, then we might be able to argue that Jon's dream is due to proximity, not the supernatural.

We might as well argue that Jon obviously is the ultimate hero, because he was the first to see a wight. Since he was the first to see the wight, it obviously means he is the one who is to be prepared to annihilate the enemy. In defense of Dany (yes it hurts) how the hell would that be her fault, she is in Essos?

You stated that her dream is more significant than Jon's because she had not heard of AA. I am simply stating that it is erroneous to suggest it is more important because she had never heard of something.

Don't be so offended by the word ignorant, it doesn't mean stupid; instead it means to lack knowledge or awareness of something. You just stated that she has not heard of AA therefore yes she is ignorant of AA. But there are several things she is ignorant of, unless you are trying to argue that she is all knowing?

You Dany fans are overly sensitive about critiques, even when they are fair. Arguing that Jon's dream is less significant because he has heard of AA is just wishful thinking.

Jon's dream is less meaningful (IMO) because his knowledge of the prophecy could be the reason for it, Danty has no idea the Others exist, so her dreaming about fighthing an army armored in ice means more because it came out of nowhere. Where Jon's was likely influenced by what he has heard.

And I know what ignorant means, thank you for your condescension though :rolleyes:

Obviously Jon's dream is less meaningful because his knowledge of the prophecy could have be the reason for it, Danty has no idea the Others exist, so her dreaming about fighthing an army armored in ice means more imo because it came out of nowhere. Where Jon's was likely influenced by what he has heard.

And I know what ignorant means thank you for your condescension anyway, :rolleyes:

I don't see how knowing something immediately equates to less meaningful. That seems to be grasping for straws to force something you want.

And you're welcome!

I don't see how knowing something immediately equates to less meaningful. That seems to be grasping for straws to force something you want.

So someone living in the middle ages having a dream about driving a car is the same as someone in modern times having a similar dream who has actually seen a car? And has 1st hand knowledge about the car.

well Jon is in the same place with a person who talks all the time about azor ahai,so it would be logical that he'd dream about it.

So someone living in the middle ages having a dream about driving a car is the same as someone in modern times having a similar dream who has actually seen a car? And has 1st hand knowledge about the car.

You are under the assumption that Dany has never heard of dragons or WW's before. Maybe she did not know that she was going to be flying one, or that the WW's are back. That does not mean that she never heard of either.

But to play into your question. One person would have no idea what the dream meant (actually they would probably think it was a new version of a horse drawn cart), and the other would be like "yes a car". I wouldn't put too much stock in dreams, we have records of people in the middle ages and early modern world dreaming of very bizarre things that were certainly not taught by their parish. I am not necessarily referring to Joan D'arc, but enough could be said about her dreams as well. That does not mean, however, that Dany is somehow the chosen one because she received a dream about something she knew nothing about, or played ignorant to. Plenty of people have had dreams of things they have never seen, yet none were accurate.

I don't buy it. You do.

You are under the assumption that Dany has never heard of dragons or WW's before.

Well considering she's never had a single thought about the Others/WW I'd say it's a safe bet.

Let's put it this way, would a person in a remote Amazon village having a dream about a car (who maybe heard about cars before, but certainly never seen one), be the same as someone who has seen cars with their own eyes having a similar dream? And also has someone around them who is obsessed with cars and is always going on about them?

Archived