most dangerous woman in ASOIAF

I think Dany is definitely capable of the most massacres and slaughter.

Arya is dangerous on a one-to-one level, although I personally think Tyene Sand gives her a run for her money. Doran thought he may have been poisoned just by touching her head!

I think Dany is definitely capable of the most massacres and slaughter.

Arya is dangerous on a one-to-one level, although I personally think Tyene Sand gives her a run for her money. Doran thought he may have been poisoned just by touching her head!

Arya has been trained by the FM in poisons and potions. It's likely that whatever Tyene knows about poisons Arya also knows.

We've already seen Arya kill a man with poison and since that's the FM's mo and there would be no other point to the lessons she will use it more.

As of now the Sand Snakes are kind of like Daario. We've heard what they can do but we haven't actually been provided proof of how good they are.

As an example, Obara is dangerous but it's highly likely that she is going to get killed soon by either Swann or Darkstar.

I could see it going wrong for either Nymeria or Tyene in KL.

Anyways, on Olenna I agree she was outplayed by LF and the future does not look good for the Tyrells so I expect her to get outplayed yet again. She might have already been outplayed by Cersei if Margaery loses her trial.

The most dangerous in general is Dany. That she can't control the dragons would make it more dangerous I think. Drogon will still be hers and he can be uncontrolled and destructive in Westeros. There could be a lot more little girl moments. ETA: Arya can be a comparison here too since she has a wolf that preys on the smallfolk. Still a dragon is capable of more destruction the bigger he gets than a wolf.

Cersei is extremely dangerous too as she's the cause of a lot of trouble which includes rearming the Faith and she'll likely burn down KL.

Arya in the sense that she's the one you won't see coming and she can make herself disappear without leaving a trail.

Ayra. Just a scrawny, little girl confused about her role in society....

Sansa.....too stupid to really understand much

^ A toss up for sure, but the unexpected is by far the most dangerous.

Everyone else just played their hands early on, so their capabilities are pretty much laid out. Sure Dany has Dragons, she also cannot control them. Without them, she hardly has anything worth mentioning.

Ayra. Just a scrawny, little girl confused about her role in society....

Sansa.....too stupid to really understand much

^ A toss up for sure, but the unexpected is by far the most dangerous.

Everyone else just played their hands early on, so their capabilities are pretty much laid out. Sure Dany has Dragons, she also cannot control them. Without them, she hardly has anything.

The fact she can't really control them is what makes her pretty dangerous.

The crazy thing is that it should be the Sand Snakes, but people forget about them because they're such sluts jokes (Mean Girls reference)

I want to see more of them. If they are at all like Oberyn, they may be pretty dangerous. If they're a lot like him, they'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory because of arrogance.

The fact she can't really control them is what makes her pretty dangerous.

That makes the dragons dangerous not her. That is akin to arguing that American's are dangerous because of the military capabilities. No American's are not dangerous the government is dangerous. We have no control over the military, the government does. In this case, Dany doesn't have anything that makes her actually dangerous. Without her dragons, she is really an average person (minus her royal bloodline).

I want to see more of them. If they are at all like Oberyn, they may be pretty dangerous. If they're a lot like him, they'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory because of arrogance.

Individually they're probably quite dangerous but they don't have much real scope or power; unlike someone like Dany; I'm not seeing something like dangerous as a positive here. Granted, she doesn't have the power that she did rendering her not as dangerous as she was when she was queen of meereen but I can see her shaping up to be somewhat of a reluctant villain.

That makes the dragons dangerous not her. That is akin to arguing that American's are dangerous because of the military capabilities. No American's are not dangerous the government is dangerous. We have no control over the military, the government does. In this case, Dany doesn't have anything that makes her actually dangerous. Without her dragons, she is really an average person (minus her royal bloodline).

Both could be argued. Not holding the government/military accountable for past actions means we're allowing it to continue/repeat itself.

Both could be argued. Not holding the government/military accountable for past actions means we're allowing it to continue/repeat itself.

Very true, but in terms of immediate danger/power the individual cannot draw on the military to assert themselves. That is more or less what I am getting at. The OP asked who was the most dangerous woman in Westeros, and my argument against Dany is that she relies on special weapons for her power. I like to strip the characters down to their individual person, and once you do that Dany isn't all that threatening.

For example, which is more dangerous the community of thugs that might be a mile from you or the brown recluse hidden in your closet (or 2-step if you want to go insane with this) that you know nothing about? Characters like Dany, Brienne, Cersei, etc all have things that make them dangerous, but everyone is aware of their strengths. This makes them a difficult opponent, but not necessarily the most dangerous. Arya for example, looks like a scrawny child who, in spite of her boyish persona, offers little danger. We know different. Westeros does not. Sansa looks like a pathetic child who would rather be eating lemon cakes and dreaming of her gallant knight, but nobody expects the personality that has been slowly developing from within. The same can be said about Bran. To Westerosi, he is just a noble cripple. We know different.

Arya for example, looks like a scrawny child who, in spite of her boyish persona, offers little danger. We know different. Westeros does not.

Yes, not even Sam was afraid of her/thought she was dangerous.

Arya is capable of killing you and vanishing before she can be found. She's also really good and finding out secrets; the fact that she's a little girl disarms people, much like aged Olenna.

Arya may also have Nymeria and the hundreds of wolves in her pack waiting for her upon her return to Westeros.

I think I'd almost rather face the Mountain naked whilst armed with a dinner knife than a stone-cold child assassin who controls a wolf army.

Archived