most dangerous woman in ASOIAF

It's because they hang around with Darkstar.

(do they?)

Some of his B-movie from the 80s cheesiness has rubbed off on them, that's for sure. That "Watcher" chapter must've been (doubly) painful for Doran, since every one of his lines is followed by a cringe-worthy one-liner, courtesy of the Sand Snakes

The most dangerous woman (or person, really) is surely the one who is effective without painting a target on her back, who gets shit done without anyone (in-story) realizing what she's done, or who manipulates people into doing her bidding without them even realizing that they've been manipulated. There's more ways to be dangerous than figuring out who the best killer is.

So, I'll throw in for Olenna Tyrell, who successfully framed Tyrion for Joffrey's murder, and the Green Grace, who's got Dany singing to her like a canary, utterly oblivious.

I'll go with Dany or Lady Stoneheart, the two ladies with the most agency in the story, in addition to their army/followers.

The most dangerous woman (or person, really) is surely the one who is effective without painting a target on her back, who gets shit done without anyone (in-story) realizing what she's done, or who manipulates people into doing her bidding without them even realizing that they've been manipulated. There's more ways to be dangerous than figuring out who the best killer is.

So, I'll throw in for Olenna Tyrell, who successfully framed Tyrion for Joffrey's murder, and the Green Grace, who's got Dany singing to her like a canary, utterly oblivious.

Based on your description, Olenna wouldn't count since she was played like a fiddle by the Littlefinger.

Based on your description, Olenna wouldn't count since she was played like a fiddle by the Littlefinger.

I agree with this, but at the same time I don't think it necessarily diminishes Olenna's dangerousness. If anything, I think Olenna is even more dangerous than Stoneheart, Dany or Melisandre simply because, unlike them, she doesn't seem dangerous at first glance

I agree with this, but at the same time I don't think it necessarily diminishes Olenna's dangerousness. If anything, I think Olenna is even more dangerous than Stoneheart, Dany or Melisandre simply because, unlike them, she doesn't seem dangerous at first glance

She's dangerous, I agree but most of that is based off schemes which could turn out successful or not. Dany and Lady Stoneheart can order someones head off in seconds and they have as much agency as the men in the stories, Olenna would have to scheme to do it, and there is a chance it could fail.

Based on day to day court dealings, I would agree she is the most dangerous but outside the court not that much.

Right now I think someone like Mel is powerful because she has her own power to wield but she's also mixing with powerful people so it adds to what se could do, she has more power outlets. Someone like Olenna is cunning, and also some people will underestimate her because of her age and family being upjumped and looked down on by some. I also think someone like Sarella is in a powerful position as well she's in the heart of one of the most powerful institutions up to who knows what, and seems to in a round about way to have Doran's blessing to be there.

I think in the future Arianne could become one of the most powerful women because unlike many of the women she'd have actual power that was hers and hers alone, and not have to work just behind the scenes. If she learns from her mistakes. starts to think more clearly and listens to her father more and does become Princess of Dorne she could wield a lot of power one day.

Most dangerous is a little vague, so I'll try a few different ways.

1. Daenerys: GRRM said something to the effect of her being the most dangerous because of the dragons. That's an outside weapon, of course, but still, if he says so it counts for something.

2. Brienne v Asha? I don't know who would win in a barebones fight, my money would be on Brienne though. Perhaps Dacey could've gave them both a run though.

3. Sandsnakes for above reason, but also because they're a united front it seems.

4. my Lady, the Hangwoman, Mother Merciless, the Silent Sister, Lady Stoneheart. I don't think she's particularly strong since her flesh is rotted, but a dead woman has nothing to lose. I suspect that will also be her downfall, seven hells forbid, but it's also what makes her able to do what she does. While aware of the survival of her daughters, at the time of her death she really was off the deep end and considered everything in her life gone. She's dangerous in the way Ned describes deserters dangerous. "life is forfeit, so they'll do anything they can to survive," basically. Well, now that she's back after death, I'm sure she's even less scared of death than before. Hang them all, my Lady, hang them all...

Dany isn't just the most dangerous woman in the series, she's potentially more dangerous than any of the male characters too.

The Queen of Thorns killed Joffrey, wow... then she left Margaery to deal with Cersei. What a great plan that turned out to be.

Melisandre is more dangerous than her, but that's partly because she's most likely not alive and knows when her own life is in danger. UnCat is similarly dangerous, but her power is from the shadows rather than open in the way that Dany's is.

A dangerous person does not equal a successful one. Cersei is far from achieving her goals, her schemes backfire on her, but she has the potential of burning an entire city to the ground, not to mention the indirect damage that she can bring to the whole of Westeros no less. She qualifies, along with Daenerys, in the way that Varys and Littlefinger are dangerous.

In a more individual level, there are many. In fact, most of the more prominent female characters are dangerous one way or another.

Archived