TWOW - 2015 release date

jaimereborn

Hear hear!

The number of people who think D&D have done an "amazing" job with the show and have "planned" everything out is ridiculous. And then there are the lunatics who think the show is better :bang:

Give is the books next year GRRM!

Yes, it's utter lunacy to think that two professional writers who collaborate with the author and have stated that they have a specific number of seasons in mind for their multimillion dollar show would have some sort of outline for said show. I mean, it only makes sense that they would be floundering around without any idea of what they are doing after four seasons, right?

Of course, I think it's lunacy to expect the book next year at the rate that Martin is claiming to write.

I'd rather read a full length novel of The Rogue Prince or Princess and the Queen era don't really care what happens to Westeros or anyone in it at this point, can't stand any of the possible claimants to the Throne.

You know those novellas are set in Westeros ;) :p

Yes, it's utter lunacy to think that two professional writers who collaborate with the author and have stated that they have a specific number of seasons in mind for their multimillion dollar show would have some sort of outline for said show. I mean, it only makes sense that they would be floundering around without any idea of what they are doing after four seasons, right?

Of course, I think it's lunacy to expect the book next year at the rate that Martin is claiming to write.

We don't know whether the pages he's mentioned are first draft pages or finished pages. The first draft usually takes the most time. If he's talking finished pages he could be a lot closer to finishing than anyone thinks.

I still maintain, that we are all being trolled! By Martin, the publisher, D&D, HBO and everyone else with "inside" information. I believe(ok, I hope) that he is further along with Winds than we are being led to think. The same goes for DoS as well.

Of course, they have a broad outline. It was handed over to them by GRRM.

One of the biggest budgets ever, one of the biggest cast list and the entire story laid out before them before they started filming and they still manage to routinely fuck things up and that despite watering down the plot.

Of course, they have a broad outline. It was handed over to them by GRRM.

One of the biggest budgets ever, one of the biggest cast list and the entire story laid out before them before they started filming and they still manage to routinely fuck things up and that despite watering down the plot.

Oh yes, they've fucked up the story so much that pretty much every big thing that happened in the books has happened in the show. :rolleyes:

Martin has given them no such thing, btw. He's given them his notes and plot summaries, but he has absolutely no control over what they show when, as evidenced by his many, many comments about the show. Any outline of the series was written by them based on his notes.

Oh yes, they've fucked up the story so much that pretty much every big thing that happened in the books has happened in the show.

:rolleyes:

I see. The fact they they've had most of the major events means they could not have fucked some of the characterizations quite terribly or some of the smaller plots. I wonder why they even bother with story building when they could just have all major events episode by episode and have people like you heap praise on them and pat their backs.

I see. The fact they they've had most of the major events means they could not have fucked some of the characterizations quite terribly or some of the smaller plots. I wonder why they even bother with story building when they could just have all major events episode by episode and have people like you heap praise on them and pat their backs.

You seem upset because people have a different opinion than you do. And "people like me"...you mean people who watch the show with an open mind and praise and criticize it based on its own merits? Guilty as charged, I guess.

Oh yes, they've fucked up the story so much that pretty much every big thing that happened in the books has happened in the show.

:rolleyes:

I like the show as much as everyone else and love watching it, but I think most book readers will agree that they did some major screw-ups with stuff that was given from the books - from the top of my head, I can enumerate a few:

• No weasel soup;
  • General irrelevance for the direwolves except in Bran's plot;
  • Dany's "where are my dragons??" meanderings in S02;
  • Arya being Tywin's cup bearer;
  • Asha (Yara :dunno: ) rescuing Theon-Reek;
  • Jojen dying by missile explosion;
  • Jon Snow convoluted adventures with the wildlings and Qhorin Halfhand;
  • Downplay of Mance's personality;

And I'm sure I'm missing other important stuff.

Do I? You seem to have taken it personally that I don't rate the TV show as a good adaption.

I personally don't care if you like it or not. But I'm not the one saying things like "people like you" or "there are the lunatics who think the show is better"...I just don't care for personal attacks, myself.

I like the show as much as everyone else and love watching it, but I think most book readers will agree that they did some major screw-ups with stuff that was given from the books - from the top of my head, I can enumerate a few:

I will gladly and wholeheartedly admit the show has made mistakes...I also have criticized it for the mistakes it has made. But I don't expect it to be a carbon copy of the books, I simply criticize the show when I feel that it hasn't worked within its own canon. Despite the mistakes and missteps the show has made, it's not a royal fuck up like some people claim it to be. I also don't disparage the people who work very hard on such a massive project as idiots, or insult those who disagree with my opinion (not saying that you did, just commenting on what I typically don't like about this forums).

No weasel soup;

Don't see why this is necessary in the context of the show.

General irrelevance for the direwolves except in Bran's plot;

I actually would love to see more of the direwolves- I'm hoping we get more Ghost next season after Jon's LC.

Dany's "where are my dragons??" meanderings in S02;

Terrible line, even worse delivery. No argument there.

Arya being Tywin's cup bearer;

That was simply awesome, well-written and well-acted. I have absolutely no qualms with this whatsoever.

Asha (Yara :dunno: ) rescuing Theon-Reek;

I agree that it wasn't executed well, but I do understand what they were trying to do with it (show Theon's transformation). Had they done this just a little differently, it would have worked, but alas, it was problematic.

Jojen dying by missile explosion;

I will say, that I started to cry when Meera cut his throat, but then I laughed out loud when the fireball struck him. I didn't like that scene the first time I saw it, but the second time I watched it, it wasn't as bad as I first thought. I think the biggest problem is that it feels very disjointed from the rest of the show. Hopefully they'll fix that.

Jon Snow convoluted adventures with the wildlings and Qhorin Halfhand;

I think we should have seen more of Jon with Quorin instead of Jon with Ygritte, too. Quorin's plan should have been clearer to the audience.

Downplay of Mance's personality;

I don't know why we haven't seen more of Mance yet, but I will say that I absolutely loved him in the last episode. He really started to feel like the character from the books. I'm hoping that we get to see more of Mance next year.

And I'm sure I'm missing other important stuff.

Personally, I don't really see most of those as 'important' to the overall plot. Mainly some nice details that would have been good to have in there, but nothing earth-shattering or plot-breaking.

I personally don't care if you like it or not. But I'm not the one saying things like "people like you" or "there are the lunatics who think the show is better"...I just don't care for personal attacks, myself.

Meh. I can't be bothered with this anymore.

I like the show and I'll probably watch it again next season but with the resources they had they should have done a much better job.

Archived