TWOW - 2015 release date

jaimereborn

Trying to imagine what it'll be like around Westeros.org when TWOW is released. I was not on the boards when ADWD came out. Will it be silent as the the grave, or frenzied activity (read then post, read then post!)?

It was a very complicated time. Some bookstores (including one near me) broke the embargo on ADWD and started selling the book early, I got mine almost a week before the release date and some people had theirs for around 10 days beforehand I think. There was a mess of a time sorting out what threads spoilers could be in, and whether spoilers would even be allowed, or if only general opinion posts were okay, or not even that. I expect something very similar happening again.

Also, you may be surprised how many people manage to finish the book within a day of buying it; if there's a silent period it won't last more than 12 hours or so.

I thought he was still in Switzerland? Its where the interview was from

Yep, he was at a film fest (I believe) that ended on the 12th, I want to say. Probably a day or two to see the sights after that then travel days back home. I expect we'll see something again from him soon.

They wouldn't have confirmed ISBNs unless the book had been submitted for publishing would they? At least not from what I recall from briefly working in that industry.

If the book was submitted for publishing, it would be coming out within a few months, not next year.

Surely it can't be 704 pages though? (unless he's decided to split it in two). I don't really think this means anything, but I want to know where they got the number 704 from? Surely they can't have plucked it out of thin air? Is it possible that it's the number of pages that GRRM has already submitted for editing? (that's probably not how it works).

I'm incredibly sceptical but even so this is exciting. I love rampant speculation.

Hmmm...maybe only in small ways.

Cersei/Jamie = their arcs in AFFC will most likely be the focus of S5, ending with Jamie ignoring Cersei and Cersei's Walk of Shame.

Tyrion = probably ends with him signing on with BBP (with Jorah) but his season will be his ADWD POV

Dany = will end with the Dothraki finding her after she flees on Drogon's back from the pit

Jon = will end with his "murder" (probably in the 9th episode to keep tradition)

Arya = that one is tough, but she might go beyond the books.

Sansa = probably going beyond the books.

Bran = probably going beyond the books, at least toward the end of the season

Sam = his journey to the Citadel, possibly a little beyond the books.

Add in the Dornish plot and we might have this season only before we're actually really beyond the books.

I agree with most of that. Sansa's arc is one of my favorites because of the characters that are around her. I hope they slow her down to 3 episodes. Bran still has a little left I believe but he will be in three episodes at the least. We can guess that they will do the battle of winter fell or the battle at meereen

Goodreads does not list 704 pages for both paperback and hardcover; it lists no page count for hardcover, the kindle edition, and then two paperback versions both with a page count of 704.

It is entirely possible the book will be shorter.

I don't believe goodreads should be trusted here. GRRM's publisher recently stated she only had a couple hundred pages for revision. We wouldn't get a decent page count before GRRM's publisher.

Unfortunately it means nothing. It was posted on here over a year ago with the same ISBN number and page count.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79020-theories-for-twow-round-2-spoilers/page-3#entry3999435

Sorry to dash everyone's hopes and dreams.

You should change your name to soul chrusher. In all seriesness thanks for posting that. :bang: GRRM I know likes doing is social events but its like AFFC I didn't bother reading AFFC till I got DWD back in 2012. I loved the series but I assumed he quit with the 5 or 6 year wait between SOS and AFFC.

Unfortunately it means nothing. It was posted on here over a year ago with the same ISBN number and page count.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79020-theories-for-twow-round-2-spoilers/page-3#entry3999435

Sorry to dash everyone's hopes and dreams.

Thanks, that should settle it. :bawl:

While 2015 isn't officially confirmed by anyone, I still think it's a reasonable estimate given what we know. GRRM has been more optimistic about his work on TWOW than he ever was with ADWD. He hasn't given specifics of course but he has said that he isn't rewriting nearly as much as he was with the previous two books. I think that's a good sign that he's progressing a lot faster than he did with AFFC and ADWD. If you add in that he's back on track with his original story plans (the Meereenese knot/5 year gap issue has been resolved), I think that sometime in 2015 is a realistic estimate. Having the book get published before or around the same time as season 5 of the TV series starting would be a very good for publicity.

While 2015 isn't officially confirmed by anyone, I still think it's a reasonable estimate given what we know. GRRM has been more optimistic about his work on TWOW than he ever was with ADWD. He hasn't given specifics of course but he has said that he isn't rewriting nearly as much as he was with the previous two books. I think that's a good sign that he's progressing a lot faster than he did with AFFC and ADWD. If you add in that he's back on track with his original story plans (the Meereenese knot/5 year gap issue has been resolved), I think that sometime in 2015 is a realistic estimate. Having the book get published before or around the same time as season 5 of the TV series starting would be a very good for publicity.

From your words to George's Publisher......

Archived