TWOW - 2015 release date

jaimereborn

If its out in 2015, I would predict autumn. The World Book will be the publisher's focus for the 2014 holiday season and that would give them something for the 2015 holiday season.

There was a thread discussing this yesterday., this is a really big topic for book reading fans:

The show might overtake the books? that would make the books almost worthless, Why not sync the book with the show then he will get a bigger pay day. examples

jason bourne series

jack reacher series

catching fire series

harry potter series

twilight series

All series tv adaptions and each one came out with the story before the movie or show. Like I said Martin is done. This time next year we will see a release date, and by christmas have the book, next year the same time we will have the last book. nOBODY WOULD MISS OUT ON THAT EXTRA CASH!!!

Remember martin has had the premise of the story figured out for years, (he has a world book coming out this year). Follow me. Martin has been writing books for years, and writing for tv shows over twenty years. He has a book that hits the new york sellers list twice. What do you do? Do you go ahead and finish the story so every body can just google the result? or go to the store and buy the last book? How bout we play it smart. GRRM THINKS TO HIMSELF, I have been writing stories for twenty years I know how this will end. So I will play the long game I will write the books, find the right studio for the show or tv adaption, then build anticipation for the last of the series.

We will have the next book by christmas next year.

I entirely discount the idea that the sixth book will be the shortest in the series. Quite in fact, I'll be surprised if it isn't the longest. There are so many different plot strands to cover now, and so much ground to be trodden, that I would be more likely to submit to the theory that if this were true, it'd suggest the book will be released in two halves. The first half being 704 pages long.

Just as a note, I think George is travelling all of this month and at least half of next month, because he's appearing at the Edinburgh International Book Festival on something like August 12, and it seems weird he'd be in Europe, got back home, then come back to Europe again. More likely he's visiting all over.

PS- I personally like the idea that the book will be released in two halves, and the first half will be released this year.

It's certainly an interesting piece of fanfiction (complete with some major spelling problems) I'll give them that.

I can recall this surfacing somewhere over a year ago and it was dismissed then as being down to an over-enthusiastic copywriter

It's complete bogus. Amazon used to post this kind of stuff, even with fake covers. They seem to have stopped after GRRM commented on it at some point.

There's no way anybody could know when the book comes out (much less the page count) before the manuscript has been handed in. When GRRM is done he'll announce it on his web site and that's that.

The reason dictates that GRRM should publish something new after the end of Season 5. Otherwise, things will get ugly and they will start to shoot serious spoilers from the unpublished material. I think it might be a good idea to split TWoW into two parts and publish them separately. That might buy him enough time to wrap up the arcs in TWoW and then conclude the series with ADoS. I think ADoS will not wait long to be published.

By the way, I don’t think the show is trying to make a new canon. Their only concern is to stay within the budget limits. If they have to take over the books and spoil the book readers, they will sure do that, instead of writing and alternative ending for the show.

I can recall this surfacing somewhere over a year ago and it was dismissed then as being down to an over-enthusiastic copywriter

Correct. It was on Amazon in 2012 supposedly the synopsis of TWoW. I don't know where it came from, publisher or fanfic, but if it is real it's a big mistake because it seems more like a synopsis for ADoS.

Well, I myself hope for spring 2015 just before the season starts. But I do not count on it. What is funny, GRRM released the 'Mercy' chapter just before S4E1 so we would read about Arya's revenge first. At least I think that is the reason. So if we do not get the whole book before season 5, could it be we might get at least more sample chapters?

Hmmm...maybe only in small ways.

Cersei/Jamie = their arcs in AFFC will most likely be the focus of S5, ending with Jamie ignoring Cersei and Cersei's Walk of Shame.

Tyrion = probably ends with him signing on with BBP (with Jorah) but his season will be his ADWD POV

Dany = will end with the Dothraki finding her after she flees on Drogon's back from the pit

Jon = will end with his "murder" (probably in the 9th episode to keep tradition)

Arya = that one is tough, but she might go beyond the books.

Sansa = probably going beyond the books.

Bran = probably going beyond the books, at least toward the end of the season

Sam = his journey to the Citadel, possibly a little beyond the books.

Add in the Dornish plot and we might have this season only before we're actually really beyond the books.

:agree: , but don't forget Balon Greyjoy still alive there, Euron and Victarion will be introduced as new charachters.

so, i think Bran and Sam won't make any stories.

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.bookdepository.com/Winds-Winter-George-Martin/9780002247412

Full description:

Continuing the most imaginative and ambitious epic fantasy since The Lord of the Rings Winter has come at last and no man can say whether it will ever go again. The Wall is broken, the cold dead legions are coming south, and the people of the Seven Kingdoms turn to their queen to protect them. But Daenerys Targaryen is learning what Robert Baratheon learned before her; that it is one thing to win a throne and quite another to sit on one. Before she can hope to defeat the Others, Dany knows she must unite the broken realm behind her. Wolf and lion must hunt together, maester and greenseer work as one, all the blood feuds must be put aside, the bitter rivals and sowrn enemies join hands. The Winds of Winter tells the story of Dany's fight to save her new-won kingdom, of two desperate journeys beyond the known world in to the very hearts of ice and fire, and of the final clomactic battle at Winterfell, with life itself in the balance.

No, Dany's gonna spend like 300 pages as Atilla, and then for the rest of TWoW she needs to be Aegon II.

I really hope that tWoW will come out this spring in 2015. I will wait the books, I will probably drop the show as it will eventually spoil something that I don't want to learn from the TV.

It's obvious now that we will not have aDoS before the series finale but it's OK. D&D cut off too many storylines and characters that I don't want to learn the finale from the show. What will happen to the characters and storylines in the books? I wish it was someone who really knew the depth of the books who owned the rights. They think Dany and Tywin are comparable, they don't even think Tywin as a villain? wtf? They always whitewash the Lannisters and are one step back from announcing Dany as a goddess.

aDwD took too much time, but GRRM wrote a single book that can be divided into 4 books, not to mention he rewrite most of the scenes because of the time jump. He wrote more words than an another author in the exact same time in a contest.

I really hope that tWoW will come out this spring in 2015. I will wait the books, I will probably drop the show as it will eventually spoil something that I don't want to learn from the TV.

It's obvious now that we will not have aDoS before the series finale but it's OK. D&D cut off too many storylines and characters that I don't want to learn the finale from the show. What will happen to the characters and storylines in the books? I wish it was someone who really knew the depth of the books who owned the rights. They think Dany and Tywin are comparable, they don't even think Tywin as a villain? wtf? They always whitewash the Lannisters and are one step back from announcing Dany as a goddess.

aDwD took too much time, but GRRM wrote a single book that can be divided into 4 books, not to mention he rewrite most of the scenes because of the time jump. He wrote more words than an another author in the exact same time in a contest.

Hear hear!

The number of people who think D&D have done an "amazing" job with the show and have "planned" everything out is ridiculous. And then there are the lunatics who think the show is better :bang:

Give is the books next year GRRM!

They wouldn't have confirmed ISBNs unless the book had been submitted for publishing would they? At least not from what I recall from briefly working in that industry.

Sure, why not? Especially if it's fake, which appears to be the case according to all the ISBN look up sites I queried. Notice also that on Goodreads the book has been already rated by 919 readers and reviewed by 176, with average rating 4.31. Don't you envy those nine hundred people who have had the privilege of actually reading "The Winds of Winter" already?

And no, if the date wasn't completely, pull-out-of-my-rectum-and-laugh-my-ass-off fake, the author and the published would've mentioned something, too.

I think, aside from GRRM, Ran would be the most trustworthy source for a date, he certainly has more access than the rest of us. Every year (usually several times a year) since I've been coming here dates pop up all over the place, even amazon had one at one time IIRC, and none have ever been right. It does give me greater respect for all the fans who have been in from the get go, because that would have been a killer wait, and this is nothing compared to that. :)

I was emailing a friend this morning about GRRM giving an interviewer the finger after the "die before you finish" question.

I realized I've seen this movie before.

I am a big fan of Robert Caro's 4 5 part LBJ bio. First one was '82, then '90, (I started reading them about '95), 3rd in '02, 4rth and supposed to be final in '12. But he decided at some point only to take book 4 up to the assassination in '63 . . . leaving all the rest for a book 5. Robert Caro will be 79 in October . . . and yes, he's been asked about dieing before finishing, and so far as I know has never given anybody the finger. ;)

I think, aside from GRRM, Ran would be the most trustworthy source for a date, he certainly has more access than the rest of us. Every year (usually several times a year) since I've been coming here dates pop up all over the place, even amazon had one at one time IIRC, and none have ever been right. It does give me greater respect for all the fans who have been in from the get go, because that would have been a killer wait, and this is nothing compared to that. :)

Similar note; hasn't the World of Ice and Fire had a lot of "release dates" given for it already too?

Archived