Three Lives I grant you - who would you bring back if you could?

Blackfyre Gateau

Awwwww..... They didn't deserve their horrible fate, they should all be in Dorne safe and waiting out this war to get their throne back. :-(

I get your sentiments, but am I the only one who sees the irony here? If Jon is, in fact, a product of R/L, then they may die anyway in a "civil war" against Jon and the north. It may add an interesting element to the story, while taking away another. They could find common ground I suppose?

Also, if you only want them back, but the events stay the same, they would have to take the throne back by force; which means that other innocent children, fathers, etc will die in the carnage. The only thing that would change really would be who dies, not the lack of death.

First topic I've posted. Apologies if this has been done before - certainly seen a few 'who would be your 3 targets if a FM offered you 3 lives' topics, but not this riff on the concept.

Lets say you could have 3 deceased characters restored to life - and not in the sense of a Lady Stoneheart or a Drogo - but intact.

Who would you pick?

Mine:

1. Maester Aemon

2. Yoren

3. Renly

Not saying all the deaths weren't necessary in terms of advancing the plot arc - but if I had my chance, these are the three I'd bring back.

Honourable mentions to Ned Stark and Jeor Mormont of course.

Excellent first post! I love this topic, it takes a bit of thought to be sure.

I think bringing back Ned and Robb would be redundant and there are so many people to choice from.

Robb Stark (along with Grey Wind, I mean the Stark kids and their Direwolves kinda go together) he is my boy, The King in the North and the Trident, The Young Wolf, Lord of Winterfell. Just as noble and honorable as Ned, but maybe more dynamic a leader.

The Red Viper, just an awesome character and would be fascinating to follow after Aegon lands and shows his banners. That would make for fine reading.

I am torn here, but I think I have to go with Maester Aemon and send him on to Dany so she can have some wise council.

Runners up are Maester Luwin, The Sword of the Morning, Ned, and The Old Bear. (can you tell I like to use the cool nicknames? lol)

#1 - Oberyn Martell. FAR too cool a character to have killed off so soon after being introduced to the reader.

What the HELL was GRR Martin thinking?

#2 - Renly Baratheon. His death by shadow demon is/was the biggest* asspull of the series, a low point for GRR Martin's writing, and a disaster for the realm, especially the Starks. The resultant complication of the plot extended the series by at least one, perhaps two full novels.

#3 - Rodrick Cassell. Mostly because his death and the Sack of Winterfell are of a piece. If Ser Rodrick lives, Winterfell still stands.

* - (OK, maybe the second biggest asspull of the series. Still, way up there.)

A man agrees.

1. Baelor Breakspear. If there is one person more just and honourable than Ned, it's him!

2. Ned.

3. Maester Luwin.

GRRM was big on living/dying with the choices one had made, but I feel the above 3 are pretty blameless...

Honorable mentions: Lord Rickard and Brandon

I'd like to bring back Maester Aemon, but I am taking the topic as bring back those who were "died before (their) time"

Archived