Attack on oldtown

lyannaisalive

How does Euron plan to attack Oldtown. Oldtown is ruled by House Hightower, one of the wealthiest families in the Reach and Westeros. IIRC they stayed out of the war remaining neutral so there strength should be at full force (don't the HIghtowers command something like 8,000-10,000 strong if they call their banners )and cant reinforcements from Highgarden also arrive to help fight off the IB? So my question is what can Euron possibly hope to gain out of this attack? the only outcome I see is him losing many of his forces and having to retreat. So why i she attacking oldtown and how does he plan to succeed.

It serves 2 purposes, I think:

1) Keeps the Redwyne Fleet busy on the far side on Westeros when the Iron Fleet returns with Dany

2) If succesful, it would be a hell of a way to cement Euron's reputation as a threat, especially in Dany's eyes

As to how he could do it, maybe he'll just repraise his old trick of burning the Hightower fleet at harbor. It worked in Lannisport.

Or maybe Jaqen is working for him and he'll take care of the city's defenses from within

• 2 weeks later...

It serves 2 purposes, I think:

1) Keeps the Redwyne Fleet busy on the far side on Westeros when the Iron Fleet returns with Dany

2) If succesful, it would be a hell of a way to cement Euron's reputation as a threat, especially in Dany's eyes

As to how he could do it, maybe he'll just repraise his old trick of burning the Hightower fleet at harbor. It worked in Lannisport.

Or maybe Jaqen is working for him and he'll take care of the city's defenses from within

But how could he hope to succeed. He wont be attacking an unprepared island, he will be attacking the biggest and most powerful city in westeros run by one the most powerful families in Westeros (Hightower)

He may be planning a raid with specific plunder in mind. He could use the chaos of an invasion/attack as a distraction while he steals artifacts or books or kidnaps people who can aid in his plans to conquer the Seven Kingdoms.

The important factor Euron might have on his side is GRRM.

Yea

I expect Euron to use magic or something to win.Then never use said magic again.

Like Euron attacks and gets beat and retreats with the Redwyne/Hightower fleet after him only to have it be a feint then BAM massive freaking hurricane hits and wipes the entire fleet out and Euron just sails into Oldtown.

Archived