Which great houses produce the best warriors

Zoravar Singh

Well we have a lot of information on the Targaryens compared to any other houses, we only have information on the current Stark generation and only few mentions of historical Stark characters. We know of Cregan Stark as one of the best fighters of all time in ASOIAF Universe, he would come in the top 5 if not the top 10 of everyone on this forum. Then we have Artos stark who is described as the best warrior of his generation. We know Brandon was better than Ned who fought against Ser Arthut Dayne the most legendary fighter and survived with some help from Howland Reed. So assuming Ned is above average Brandon would considered as a top tier fighter, people are willing to make Loras a top tier fighter but we don't know his actuall level only that he killed Ser Robar and Ser Emmon when they didn't know he was comming to attack them(that make one a great fighter sneak attack). I think Rodrik Stark (The wondering wolf) may have been a good warrior. Then we have Brandon snow, King Torhen Starks bastard brother who was considered as a fierce warrior. Robb Stark may have been above average, Jon Snow has been improving and i recon in some time he may become one of the best fighters he is only 16 and if he survives the stabbing he may get better. The n they are various other Stark character that we don't know about or have no information about them. The Starks have been ruling The North for more than 8000 years and would have more badass characters but we don't know about them or don't have much information about them yet!!!!!!

P.S i believe house Umber in The North to have more badass fighters than any other houses. They sound like a martial house like the Tarlys of hornhill.

The Royces and Corbrays in the Vale should have the most badass fighters.

The Crakehalls, Cleganes and Braxs in the Westerlands.

House Dayne in Dorne.

Baratheons and maybe house Swann in the Stormlands

The big question for me is House Tully we don't have much history for this house and we only have information on the current generation of Tullys amongst them we know The Blackfish is a complete badass and may have been amongst the top tier fighters in his prime, and now he might still be very good with a sword. Edmure we don't know much about him as a fighter so i can't really comment. The show has made Edmure look like a complete ass, he is a decent commander and we don't knw much about his skill, he is hungry for glory but by all accounts i consider him to be a very decent commander and a good Lord who thinks about his smallfolk. I find it very odd that Edmure doesn't have a fan following. But the Riverlands are a mystery as far as great warrirs are considered we really don't know much about the current houses and their capabilities. The ones that we know about are mostly extinct houses of Harrenhal like the Whents and Strongs which produces some great fighters.

This thread is like debating which nation' militaries produce the best tier-1 units: SAS, GSG-9, Delta Force, Spetsnaz, SEALs, DGSE, ASAS... At some point, everyone trains/ fights with each other in tourneys; and it comes down to what each warrior ate for breakfast, how they slept, etc. Each house has their great warriors and their average ones. Even tourneys don't give a whole picture. Loras won the Hand's tourney and lost the Bitterbridge one due to the same unconventional and clever tactics employed by himself and Brienne. Jorah Mormont won the tourney where he married Lynesse but couldn't win others. All the Houses exist in a low-level state of warfare, even during peaceful times, with border clashes happening all over.

Archived