If Jeyne Westerling is in the TWOW prologue

HosteenOsteen

Afterthought, again!

Didn't Robb tell Catelyn that he'd done honourable thing in wedding Jeyne? It wasn't just to add former Lannister banner to Stark.

If Cersei returns to CR, and Jeyne is with child, I can see Cersei waiting for the birth. She'd try killing the baby in front of Jeyne, to put her through pain like she had with Joff. That's sort of vindictive thing Cersei would do now.

Afterthought, again!

Didn't Robb tell Catelyn that he'd done honourable thing in wedding Jeyne? It wasn't just to add former Lannister banner to Stark.

If Cersei returns to CR, and Jeyne is with child, I can see Cersei waiting for the birth. She'd try killing the baby in front of Jeyne, to put her through pain like she had with Joff. That's sort of vindictive thing Cersei would do now.

A woman that kills her own children, can do all kind of evil acts

Great first post! I agree Stannis wins the Battle of the Ice. Also Jeyne dying in a bwB assault and being killed by LS would be a way to get her out of the narrative. I tend though to see the LS plot as playing itself out with Jaime and Brienne and not so much with Jaime/Edmure. I agree though as Edmure is one of the few people left close to pre-LS Catelyn he may have a role with her. .

Hey HosteenOsteen, thanks for reading and responding to my post! I see that we both concur about the Battle of the Ice. Just so I know, do you find that it is referred to as the Battle of the Ice or the Battle of Winterfell more often because sometimes it can be confusing to me, as a new member. Furthermore, I'm glad to see that we both have pretty similar ideas about what's to come regarding this Jeyne Westerling/LS business.

Why would Blackfish escape Riverun just to die in an attempt to free Edmure?It would make little sense. More likely the pov is some minor character, with bigger characters present as well.

Btw great first post TheKing

Hey Theon! Thank you, I do appreciate that. I also want to say that I totally agree with you about the Blackfish. I just don't see it either. I actually do think that the Blackfish may be one of the characters that goes the distance!

My hopes are that JW is the prologue and lady stone heart captures her and kills her, and frees Edmure. When Brienne brings Jamie back I hope lady stone heart kills him and all the Freys. I want to see the Stark banners flying high in all the North.

I would love that scenario but can't believe GRRM wouild give us that in this book. I believe the last book is where you can expect the Starks to be Wrdens of the North again.

Many places to set of a great action start to TWOW GRRM said he plans to start to the books with two great battles, In Meeren a prologue from an Ironborn, Second Sons Soldiers (Jorah!?), Unsullied, Baristains young Knights or Sons of Harpys in Merreen would be informative in the battle and previous plots. While in the other battle at Storms End I think a POV from Duck, Young Griff or any golden company solider would be great but I would like to read from Loras view, maybe he could accept defeat and have himself smuggled out despite his poor health like King Aegon in DOD and prove himslef not to be so head dumb.

isn't the second battle that of WInterfell, not Storm's End? Doesn't Arianne II reveal Storms' End as already taken by "Aegon VI"?

Well, according to those who heard the chapter read, yes. We read that Storms' End has been taken. It would be nice to see how the attack or the event played out, but I feel like GRRM wants the other characters, and us, to constantly be wondering about Aegon. What he is like, how he fights, and acts under stress could tell us a lot about him.

It will be interesting to see how Arienne interacts with this "false prince" and Jon C.

On topic, I'm curious how this will play out with Jeyne. I mean it seemed like Jamie had surround the hostages with a small army. Plus isn't in hinted in aDwD that the group had made it Castlely Rock?

I think George has the opportunity to tie up two lingering Riverlands issues with the prologue, and considering how much he has to tie up in two books, I hope he does. While many seem to think the prologue will center on a rescue attempt by the Blackfish, and I agree, there is some debate as to where the Blackfish would gain sufficient force at arms to do so.

Well, Jaime did order the Northern prisoners at the Twins relocated to King's Landing.

Which would put them in a position to be freed by a small force led by Brynden Tully, as I doubt Walder Frey is going to commit a large force to guard them. Since 'his' prisoners are being taken by the Crown.

Blackfish + Greatjon + other assorted loyal Riverlands and Northmen freeing their captive Queen. And once that is done, the next stop would be the Vale...

My guess, it will be the Maester at Wayfarer's Rest, seat of one of the two Houses Vance.

“Still, we dare not go blindly here. I want to know where the armies are, the wolves and lions both. Sharna will know something, and Lord Vance’s maester will know more. Acorn Hall’s not far. Lady Smallwood will shelter us for a time while we send scouts ahead to learn…”

I'm a big believer in the Grand Northern Conspiracy and the Riverlands role in it. But I think there's a few ways this could play out:

1) my personal belief is that Jeyne left Riverrun w/ the Blackfish and it was her sister that Jaime met. If that's correct, Jeyne and the Blackfish will be seeking refuge at a friendly castle. Acorn Hall is an option w/ Lady Smallwood part of the resistance. Her house is loyal to House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest. These lands are in the opposite direction from Raventree Hall and Stone Hedge, where Jaime Lannister went after the siege of RR. If the Blackfish Jaime would head that way, he would have gone the opposite direction.

2) The maester could be with the BWB and others attempting to free Jeyne and Edmure...

3) He could be at Wayfarer's Rest and could be present with the BWB returns w/ Jeyne or if Blackfish comes with her alone.

GRRM has suggested he might break his rule about deaths of all prologue POVs, so no need to worry about his manner of death. But if he did die, during a raid or a loose quarrel while standing on the battlements would do it....

I read somewhere the other day that GRRM said he "enjoys making rules, and then breaking the rules." And the rule he was referring to was exactly the one being mentioned, that the POV character in the Epo has to die. So with him saying that I could see the POV character this time ending the chapter with a twist and killing someone himself. Maybe a major betrayal or just something no one would see coming, I think that would also be a good start to WoW and it's breaking the rule but still allowing a kill to happen lol, which of course in ASOIAF has to happen.

I read somewhere the other day that GRRM said he "enjoys making rules, and then breaking the rules." And the rule he was referring to was exactly the one being mentioned, that the POV character in the Epo has to die. So with him saying that I could see the POV character this time ending the chapter with a twist and killing someone himself. Maybe a major betrayal or just something no one would see coming, I think that would also be a good start to WoW and it's breaking the rule but still allowing a kill to happen lol, which of course in ASOIAF has to happen.

I think it would be disappointing. Mainly because that gives us another PoV we'll want to know more about. However, it would be pretty sweet if he had the prologue live and then in the epilogue gave us the same PoV and kills them there.

But I personally believe (I don't know why and definitely probably crackpot) that the epilogue will be Aegon, after we find out he is really rhaegars son, on the iron throne with greyscale slowly chopping away pieces off his body trying to stop the curse from spreading and then dying. Or him being rhaegars son leads a fairly insignificant battle and getting killed.

I think the blackfish is close to Jaime. My guess is that the safest spot for him (being a scout) is where no one will look for him, following jaimes host and eventually following him and Brienne. I think that's how he'll meet stoneheart.

I don't think the PoV will be Jeyne I think she has role to play albeit a small role. I'm always happy to see a lannister not named tyrion or Jaime killed so I'll hedge my bets on Forley Prester.

I like the idea of a BWB attack and a Nymeria's pack appearance. Maybe Arya gets a wolf dream glimpse of her LS and that's one of the triggers that eventually gets her back to a Westeros.

Doesn't work with the timeline. The "Mercy" Chapter comes after the prologue where Arya seems oblivious to any developments in Westeros.

I could see the Blackfish being the PoV.. And the chapter focuses on him finding & saving Jeyne and ending with them finding Stoneheart. I'm actually really leaning towards the idea of this being the first book where the PoV lives in the prologue, obviously. I think I would prefer that over someone we don't really know, and then them just dying at the end. But I just have the feeling that the Blackfish will be in the epilogue! Just cause we haven't seen him for so long and he's such a big character.

^Sorry I'm still a noob to quoting people and replying, actually to the entire forum itself lol

Doesn't work with the timeline. The "Mercy" Chapter comes after the prologue where Arya seems oblivious to any developments in Westeros.

It would not be the first time different characters chapters were out of chronological order.

Archived