GOT Mafia 107: Return of the Faceless Man: It is Day 5

Donald Trump

So, this is the conversation that Snowstorm was commenting on. This is the one you agreed with him about but didn't want to basically parrot him?

Because if you didn't find this conversation scummy, and it would be weird that you did because you partook in it, why didn't you want to say something after SnowStorm did?

And if you did think that Snowstorm was serious with that, and you were trying to get a read on him, why didn't you wonder why he considered it a scum tell for me to talk game mechanics and not for Piper who started the conversation, who if he thought I was scum buddying Piper he'd believe that Piper was town and therefore the talking mechanics tell being used against me wouldn't make sense.

But if you do think that it's a scum tell for people to talk about the number of scum there are, then why didn't you say anything to Malcolm or me when it was brought up. You wanted Malcolm to elaborate on his post saying that emmit's post was the most suspicious post, and your early posting didn't look like you were particularly being lazy.

Well, I didn't think this in detail at all at that moment. I just saw SnowStorm saying that talking about game mechanics is bad, I thought yes, and I moved on.

Sorry Malc, but the thought of you saying it's easy to test my innocence/guilt is making me laugh so hard I scared the cat. You were soooooo good at it last game.

Speaking of cats, last night I got home from vacation and my cat literally yelled at me for over an hour. By the end of the night his tone had changed to a more normal tone, but man when I got home he sounded mad as hell.

Oh, and talking about game mechanics is almost always ok. I personally think we have 2 FM and a limited healer out there.

Hmh, Malc's talk of being killed on night 1 still doesn't sit right with me. I know he has a record there, but IMO it came somewhat out of the blue. If I wasn't convinced that we have no symp, I'd consider that a big symnp clue to hs masters. Well, but even without that it's pinging my scum radar. Why did he say that? He was discussing hamless stuf and then, all of the sudden, he starts whining... :dunno:

Okay. Gertrude is clearly admitting to be Tammys partner, so I'll move over to her for now. Her train is cooler, after all.

My first thought here was sad time Gert, Masonity's not our symp since he just voted us both. But then it's Masonity, so he's still in the running. *high five*.

This should probably have been in the assassin's forum.

Piper? I get that this is a superficial read but ... what? I kinda disagree with all of it. Even the vote seems like something that you don't do. You are on my watch list. I am now sad.

Wut? I'm always up for a low poster lynch. You think that Masonty sounds innocent because he was in Tibet? Or is there another reason?

I am willing to admit i may be wrong about the low-poster thing. I should know people's quirks by now, shouldn't I? I don't. And yes, it's totally the Tibet thing.

But right now Masonity seems fine. I don't have a town read on him, but nothing has made me suspicious of him. I don't think he sounds forced.

So Tammy is not being OVER THE TOP HAPPY to be playing and be innocent like she has the last several games. I prefer to think of it as her settling down and being innocent is becoming the norm instead of the exception or something and hope it's a new trend.

Possibly. Though I did just end two games as mafia that were running concurrently for a few months. I don't detest mafia roles as much as I used to though I still don't like it. But, I am trying to become less emotionally invested in games as a rule as I'm a crazy person and when I get too worked up in game it usually bleeds into real life and it sucks when mafia impacts everything else.

Okay... It's kind of funny coming back and seeing that my joke posts originated some serious and confusing conversation.

Unvote. Because Tammy is most likely town.

Petyr also seems town to me, as well as the Blackfish.

I don't agree with lynching absent players. It's lazy. I'd only agree to do so if I had strong town reads on most or all of the active players or if I had a strong scum read on one of the absent ones. Otherwise, not a good move imo.

Except post in the games section don't count towards the overall count.

Sorry for spelling. I'm a bit drunk.

You'd think after three years on this board I'd know that >_>

I'm referring to the "this game therefore this thread" post count.

Eta: you have literally nothing else to say?

Careful, you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I thought he was guilty or innocent. I said his fear of being night killed sounded genuine. Scum say things that sound genuine all the time. It's their job to lie. Does that mean Malc is scum? He has as good a chance as Snow or Piper or BBMolla.

Why did you choose those particular names there?

Oh I must have missed some posts. Gert had brought up my point to petyr already.

I'm surprised no one called me out for that.

If by no one you meant me or Piper, no one else had a chance? I was just waiting to see where it was going.

What feels weird about Emmit?

Day one, man. I love how you think I have a read on anyone. Do I think that Malc could sound innocent in one post and do something that makes me want to vote for him the next? Yes. I do.

But what I really know is, is that at the end of day there are going to be two players who have the most votes and one of them is gone. And all the reasons people give between now and then amount to bullshit. Day one is just someone's unlucky day to die. I hope it's not me (and Gert and BBT... and sure, SNA since he's new) and you hope it's not you. But the real reason the first person is lynched is pure luck.

And again, don't put words in my mouth. (from quote above - It's kind of the only read you can have early on. Don't you agree?) I am not going to play like you want me to play.

People are stuck in one certain mode of play, and if I am not mistaken before last game, the FM had very, very long string of wins. If we as innocents want to win, we have to change the way we play, the status quo.

Scum lynches day one are not always pure luck.

Also one of the reasons there was an fm winning streak was not because we were set in a wrong way to play, but that the people who tend to be town leaders were fm for a very large number of those games.

I still think Petyr is ok. Masonity sounds fake to me, I'm gonna watch this one. I haven't made up my mid about Gert yet, I think so far she's doing a good job sounding innocent. And she made me a present. :wub:

Lynching one of the low posters seems to be a good idea. Vote brAnthelAstgreenseer

I have to go to bed now, I plan to post a more detailed analysis tomorrow.

I thought masonity sounded fine.

If by no one you meant me or Piper, no one else had a chance? I was just waiting to see where it was going.

What feels weird about Emmit?

I was just surprised. I've accidentally parroted several times before and been called out immediately.

His phrasing and tone reads off. Like he said he was going to reread through the dreck or something like that. And his other posts which near border on hostile-laced rants about mafia itself read wrong. He sounds like a jaded grandma and he's only played one game.

Archived