GOT Mafia 107: Return of the Faceless Man: It is Day 5

Donald Trump

Emmit - I disagree on your reasoning for Snow and Malc. I will let them defend themselves, but I disagree. I fully support your support for the inactive lynch!

Petyr - you had plenty of time to say it. I guess you could say you were a little distracted by the sudden interest in you, but it's not like you were so active that you couldn't have been looking over stuff yourself. Why didn't you say something at the time? I will have to check to see what was actually happening just them.

eta: I also disagree with Petyr that Emmit bringing up points on Snow and Malc looks scummy. It looks lazy on Petyr's part. (I uh, I might be biased)

On Emmit. I didn't like his reason to vote

I wanted to comment that talking about mechanics is scummy.

But it's not. It is part of the conversation that takes place day one within the game as a whole. Now old time players - your Pipers, Malcoms, and Gerts - may think of it as scum, but new players don't. And if new players don't think of it as scum then they don't mind talking about it.

And quite frankly, if it is known scum talk, then scum won't use it, and it becomes the sole property of innocent. And therein lies the danger of labeling anything as something that only scum does or only innocents do. The scum hide behind it.

Old school games were with no CF, I believe.

Well, did this post have any connection with the post where Tammy said she expected somebody to call her first post fake?

This was pretty much after Snow's statement that Tammy was evil for talking about game mechanics. So not only did you also talk about game mechanics (EVIL) you were active at this stage of the game and didn't call it out at the time. Myth busted!

And quite frankly, if it is known scum talk, then scum won't use it, and it becomes the sole property of innocent. And therein lies the danger of labeling anything as something that only scum does or only innocents do. The scum hide behind it.

Um, in theory. Not in actual fact. We can talk about 'known scum tells' at Soph's, but just because something is often used as a tell doesn't mean the evils avoid it. It's all in the nuance.

This was pretty much after Snow's statement that Tammy was evil for talking about game mechanics. So not only did you also talk about game mechanics (EVIL) you were active at this stage of the game and didn't call it out at the time. Myth busted!

Well, yeah, I didn't really feel the need to repeat what SnowStorm had just said... Also, set-up I believe is more like how many killers than CF or stuff like that(the CF part is vital information)

This sounds kind of scummy, I guess. Emmit, any thoughts on the whole me, Masonity, Gert discussion.

If you mean the you, gert, and Malcolm, then not really no. You guys are basing your opinions of Malcom on how you think he sounds. I thought he sounded like someone who didn't want to get night killed.

Hold on, I lied. These are the posts after Snow made his comment (the other one was right before - apparently I suck at this)

A bit noncommital, are you not?

What do you think about Piper voting you and Tammy pimping him?

Point still stands. He didn't comment on it and went on with different lines of questioning. There is more after this, but mostly it's him softly prodding Snow (as above) and then light-heartedly moving on.

(and the part abut me calling you on talking game mechanics as being evil is tongue in cheek :p)

Well, yeah, I didn't really feel the need to repeat what SnowStorm had just said... Also, set-up I believe is more like how many killers than CF or stuff like that(the CF part is vital information)

And yet you now want it known that you wanted to say so when Emmit makes the point right after he says it. A simple 'what Snow said' would have sufficed, but instead you prod him a little.

Hold on, I lied. These are the posts after Snow made his comment (the other one was right before - apparently I suck at this) Point still stands. He didn't comment on it and went on with different lines of questioning. There is more after this, but mostly it's him softly prodding Snow (as above) and then light-heartedly moving on. (and the part abut me calling you on talking game mechanics as being evil is tongue in cheek :p)

My point still stays. Why would I just repeat a point SnowStorm just made?

Emmit, no, I meant Masonity. The whole thing with the 'scumslip' and our reaction to it.

Also, if you believe he actually feared being NK-ed N1( like I did after reading the first post), wouldn't you think he was innocent? I mean scum don't really fear being NK n1, do they?

And yet you now want it known that you wanted to say so when Emmit makes the point right after he says it. A simple 'what Snow said' would have sufficed, but instead you prod him a little.

Because Emmit said that behaviour was scummy, and I said it isn't really, because I was thinking of doing it myself.

Tammy must have found out this account is only a cover so i can act new and innocent and reduce suspicion, while actually I am the same guy as piper just on a different account. I am voting against myself so I can recruit people protective of noobs to follow my ideas and destroy the faceless men!

I am voting for Piper

Why are you voting for yourself then?

(Note that this post doesn't seem fake to me. BBT is my first town read)

And, and ... this is an odd exchange. Petyr was eager to explain that he didn't suspect Blackfish, Over-explaining to pro-actively diffuse attention.

Please, someone do something suspicious, quick. I think I am getting mired in confirmation bias because there can't be this much stuff on day 1, right?

What about your toenails? Am I correct when I conclude that you painted the letters G-U-I-L-T-Y on them?

Wwhy are you skiing about my toenails? Mind of a personal question...

You're not doing it right. You're supposed to be voting me for posting a lot and saying nothing and joking around which obviously means I'm trying to pad my post count and look innocent since people equate posting a lot with innocent.

Also, thoughts on anything at all?

Except post in the games section don't count towards the overall count.

Sorry for spelling. I'm a bit drunk.

Yeah, you kind of are in confirmation bias. I mean you're really kind of attacking me for very small points(I know that is the point of mafia, but not from all posts). I'm pretty sure you'd find similar stuff to point out from any player if you tried as much as you do it with me.

But I really, really don't know if it makes you guilty or innocent. :/. Think innocent, so no scum reads for me(the Emmit one is too weak to call it one, I believe)

unvote

OK, this is where I am confusing myself. This post has Petyr saying he wanted to comment on game talk being scummy. I read that as Petyr agreeing with Emmit. (although then he wouldn't think Emmit is scummy for saying it, so ... I'm rusty, shut up)

On Emmit. I didn't like his reason to vote
I wanted to comment that talking about mechanics is scummy.

So then after I pursue it, Petyr says that he didn't need to repeat what Snow just said. Snow had, in fact, just called out Tammy for talking about game mechanics, so now it sounds like he agrees that game talk is bad.

And now we get the clarification that I needed earlier to unfuzz my brain. Game talk ISN'T bad.

Because Emmit said that behaviour was scummy, and I said it isn't really, because I was thinking of doing it myself.

Petyr - what were you talking about when you said there was no reason to repeat what Snow had just said?

My point still stays. Why would I just repeat a point SnowStorm just made?

Emmit, no, I meant Masonity. The whole thing with the 'scumslip' and our reaction to it.

Also, if you believe he actually feared being NK-ed N1( like I did after reading the first post), wouldn't you think he was innocent? I mean scum don't really fear being NK n1, do they?

Careful, you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I thought he was guilty or innocent. I said his fear of being night killed sounded genuine. Scum say things that sound genuine all the time. It's their job to lie. Does that mean Malc is scum? He has as good a chance as Snow or Piper or BBMolla.

But you think talking about game mechanics is scummy... but it isn't really, because I was thinking of doing it.

Gert, talking about game mechanics is bad. Emmit said that Snow is scummy because he said it. I said that no, Snow is not scummy for that because I wanted to say that myself. I said that the behaviour(meaning Snow's, calling game mechanics bad)isn't actually bad

Hope that makes it easier :/

Careful, you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I thought he was guilty or innocent. I said his fear of being night killed sounded genuine. Scum say things that sound genuine all the time. It's their job to lie. Does that mean Malc is scum? He has as good a chance as Snow or Piper or BBMolla. But you think talking about game mechanics is scummy... but it isn't really, because I was thinking of doing it.

Emmit, well, generally if somebody says something that you feel is genuine, the obvious reaction is to think that person is more likely inno that scum. It's kind of the only read you can have early on. Don't you agree?

Edit: Either way, it's 3AM here, I've probably said enough incomprehensible stuff so I'm leaving now. Gert, could you put all the questions you'll like me to answer in one post?

Archived