5 Reasons Why I Think a Sansa/Aegon Match is Coming

Good Guy Garlan

I really like the basic concept of this theory.

In D&E, Lady Ashford's last remaining champions are:

1. Lyonel Baratheon
  2. Leo Tyrell
  3. Tybolt Lannister
  4. Humfrey Hardyng
  5. Prince Valarr Targaryen

1. Sansa's first betrothed to Joffrey Baratheon
  2. Sansa's then planned to be wed to Willas Tyrell
  3. Sansa's married to Tyrion Lannister
  4. Sansa's now being betrothed to Harry Hardyng

Only a Targaryen is missing

Aegon isn't the Targaryen though. Jaime is.

I have to respectfully disagree here. JonCon - who is the most fervent Targ loyalist - was a member of the Golden Company and rose to become the right hand of the leader. If all they did was plot for Blackfyres to return to Westeros (decades after the family name died out, so no king with Blackfyre blood would actually be called "Blackfyre"), JonCon wouldn't have been a member. So they certainly have a Blackfyre-based history, but over the years their stance appears to have softened considerably.

Unless Varys was behind his acceptance. Varys kinda guided Barristan arriving to Dany. There is a chance he could have done the same for JonCon and arranged him being taken by the GC. Of course he earned his place after that, but that's a different matter.

Unless Varys was behind his acceptance. Varys kinda guided Barristan arriving to Dany. There is a chance he could have done the same for JonCon and arranged him being taken by the GC. Of course he earned his place after that, but that's a different matter.

I could accept that. It's the only answer that makes sense for me if the GC is still firmly anti-Targ and JonCon was allowed to rise up the ranks (almost to the point of being the next Commander, perhaps, if he had been there when Myles Toyne died). Varys could have wanted to keep JonCon close at hand and have him make friends in the GC. I am still dubious about the GC's loyalty to the memory of the Blackfyres after the family name died out. But, I'm sure we'll learn more in WoW. :)

I could accept that. It's the only answer that makes sense for me if the GC is still firmly anti-Targ and JonCon was allowed to rise up the ranks (almost to the point of being the next Commander, perhaps, if he had been there when Myles Toyne died). Varys could have wanted to keep JonCon close at hand and have him make friends in the GC. I am still dubious about the GC's loyalty to the memory of the Blackfyres after the family name died out. But, I'm sure we'll learn more in WoW. :)

I think JonCon actually earned his place in the GC. But, probably, Varys kept an eye on him, being regularly informed of what kind of man he was by Blackheart, otherwise, he wouldn't trust him with Aegon, who was their main card to play. And I think BH (and the rest of the GC) honestly liked JonCon. Why wouldn't they? He was nice and capable. Were they a bit more than friends? I think they were. Do I think this influenced in Jon rising up ranks? Maaaaaaaaaybe a bit. But he wasn't a completely idiot a la Homeless Harry.

Archived