5 Reasons Why I Think a Sansa/Aegon Match is Coming

Good Guy Garlan

Quentyn wasn't meant to play with Dragons. He was meant to bring Dany back. If you are suggesting Doran sent him on a pointless chase across continents then you need to back it up with some kind of evidence. Otherwise it's simply crackpot, a wild one at that.

Not sure which is the worst theory: Doran sent Quentyn to die or Quentyn is still alive.

Quentyn wasn't meant to play with Dragons. He was meant to bring Dany back. If you are suggesting Doran sent him on a pointless chase across continents then you need to back it up with some kind of evidence. Otherwise it's simply crackpot, a wild one at that.

But at least, Doran could have given Quentyn the Dragon book that he gave Arianne, it would have been the perfect gift to give to Dany, considering she doesn't have any dragonlore.

Not sure which is the worst theory: Doran sent Quentyn to die or Quentyn is still alive.

Doesn't matter, people would still jump through hoops to make it seem like it was part of Doran's masterplan all along (though Doran sent Quentyn to die takes the cake)

Doesn't matter, people would still jump through hoops to make it seem like it was part of Doran's masterplan all along (though Doran sent Quentyn to die takes the cake)

You don't find even remotely suspicious the fact that Doran send Quentyn, his only chance to his goal according to you, almost naked to Dany?

You don't find even remotely suspicious the fact that Doran send Quentyn, his only chance to his goal according to you, almost naked to Dany?

I find it stupid, but that's not out of character for a man who had almost 15 years to at least contact the Targ kids using his myriad connections in Essos but never lifted a finger until it was too late

He has already said that he cannot trust her to keep a secret.

What secret?

In any event, he's given Arianne the equivalent of the nuclear launch codes. That speaks to a certain level of trust.

I find it stupid, but that's not out of character for a man who had almost 15 years to at least contact the Targ kids using his myriad connections in Essos but never lifted a finger until it was too late

And whose original plan was, as he tells it:

1. Secretly betroth Arianne to Viserys.

2. Viserys, with no help from Doran, acquires an army somehow.

3. Dorne helps Viserys.

For me this is suspicious mostly and shows me that Vis and Dany were not his only way to the Throne.

For me this is suspicious mostly and shows me that Vis and Dany were not his only way to the Throne.

That also makes no sense. We don't have Doran's POV, but we have Jon Connington's, and Doran is clearly not part of their organization.

As Bran Vras explained, it is not just the dragon book. Quentyn came before Dany dressed like a beggar, which was a bad mistake and Doran knows how important it is to dress splendidly when blowing the mind of a person (Mellario was impressed by his shining garments!). There is also this lie that Quentyn offered the nonexistent 50k spears of Dorne to Dany, which is a lie because Doran will tell Arianne the real number. And Quentyn does not get any help from Doran's friends in Essos.

And since when JonCon knows everything?

exactly

But at least, Doran could have given Quentyn the Dragon book that he gave Arianne, it would have been the perfect gift to give to Dany, considering she doesn't have any dragonlore.

His gift to Dany is Dorne, that's as big a gift as Doran could've given.

As Bran Vras explained, it is not just the dragon book. Quentyn came before Dany dressed like a beggar, which was a bad mistake and Doran knows how important it is to dress splendidly when blowing the mind of a person (Mellario was impressed by his shining garments!). There is also this lie that Quentyn offered the nonexistent 50k spears of Dorne to Dany, which is a lie because Doran will tell Arianne the real number. And Quentyn does not get any help from Doran's friends in Essos.

exactly

What a stupid comparison. Quentyn was traveling in times of war and there was threat spies could find out. Traveling while dressed splendidly was a terrible idea.

Ok, it could be suspicious alright, why not? But to go from there to say he wanted his own son to fail is quite a nonsensical leap.

This is, in my opinion, a classical case of an author's comment distorting what's in the page. Martin says once that "Doran plays to win" (which by the way means nothing because everyone plays to win, as far as I know) and then people just refuse to believe he's a loser despite the novels telling us time and time again that his every plan has failed epically

Anyway, I like discussing Doran as much as the next guy, but we're getting way off-topic and this thread is about Aegon and Sansa

ETA: I feel compelled to say, just because I read the theory in its entirety, that the Bran Vras theory is beyond stupid and makes "HR = HS" look like canon (I mean, he suggests that Cletus Yronwood and the rest faked their murders to inspire Quentyn, for fuck's sake)

And since when JonCon knows everything?

Since Jon Connington is the supreme commander of the expeditionary force that is meant to seat Aegon on the Iron Throne, and it makes absolutely no sense to withhold from him vital information about the strategic situation in Westeros and what allies he can expect. If Varys/Illyrio/Doran aren't telling him that, they're morons. That would be like FDR and Churchill not letting Eisenhower that (for allegory's sake) Switzerland had promised to attack the Germans if a successful D-Day landing was effected.

Er, Quentyn is traveling secretly halfway around the world, in the process of which he was shipwrecked and spent time as a mercenary soldier. I have no idea why you think the state of his clothes when he gets to Meereen says anything about Doran's intentions.

Given that Arianne believes the lie about Dornish military forces, clearly Quentyn does too. So what?

Who are "Doran's friends in Essos"? What help would they have been, based on where Quentyn was going?

Since Jon Connington is the supreme commander of the expeditionary force that is meant to seat Aegon on the Iron Throne, and it makes absolutely no sense to withhold from him vital information about the strategic situation in Westeros and what allies he can expect. If Varys/Illyrio/Doran aren't telling him that, they're morons. That would be like FDR and Churchill not letting Eisenhower that (for allegory's sake) Switzerland had promised to attack the Germans if a successful D-Day landing was effected.

Like the information that FAegon isn't Rhaegar's son?

Archived