5 Reasons Why I Think a Sansa/Aegon Match is Coming

Good Guy Garlan

You are being ridiculous.

You've come up with a plan, that aside from making zero sense, goes against Doran's nature. He's never been presented as a fool. Cautious, yes but reckless and foolhardy, no.

Again because trusting a proved immature, reckless and untrustworthy person who almost started a war and who has no way of knowing if someone is fake or not is Doran's style. Ok.

On the other hand, the plan stated in the books makes complete sense. And there's not a single mention of any kind of marriage.

Again do you have Doran's PoV?

Actually, Arianne's actions are a result of Doran not trusting her and keeping her in the dark from just about everything. That seems to have changed for the better of both characters.

Really? How about her being stupid?

Yeah, sending one's daughter away to marry a potentially dangerous question mark without telling her about said marriage plan is the mark of true brilliance

If Doran learned anything from the Myrcella fiasco is that keeping Arianne in the dark could do more harm than good

Sure.

Look, JQC, your argument contradicts itself.

On the one hand you're saying that Doran must know about Aegon and that he's already planning on marrying Arianne to him, and yet he sent Quentyn half a world away to accomplish the same thing with Dany.

So Doran either wants to kickstart the Dance of the Dragons all by himself for sheer lolz, or one of the facts above is false

Look, JQC, your argument contradicts itself.

On the one hand you're saying that Doran must know about Aegon and that he's already planning on marrying Arianne to him, and yet he sent Quentyn half a world away to accomplish the same thing with Dany.

So Doran either wants to kickstart the Dance of the Dragons all by himself for sheer lolz, or one of the facts above is false

You do remember his original plan right? You know the one about marrying Arianne to Viserys and Quentyn to Dany.

If you didn't have 12000 posts, I'd say you were trolling. As it is, you just seem incapable of responding to posts without coming across as clueless. Do everyone a favour a read the Arianne chapter in FfC and read the sample from WoW. Absolute world of difference in how much more clear headed she is without the bitterness blinding her. Arianne's not stupid, not by a long shot. She's actually capable of objective self assessment which is a positive trait to have unlike say someone like Cersie.

If you didn't have 12000 posts, I'd say you were trolling. As it is, you just seem incapable of responding to posts without coming across as clueless. Do everyone a favour a read the Arianne chapter in FfC and read the sample from WoW. Absolute world of difference in how much more clear headed she is without the bitterness blinding her. Arianne's not stupid, not by a long shot. She's actually capable of objective self assessment which is a positive trait to have unlike say someone like Cersie.

Thank you for your suggestion! I would had never thought it by myself!

You actually believe that someone who has spend the last 17 years preparing his battle plan would had send someone immature, reckless, untrustworthy to decide if someone is fake or not even if she has no way to know it and I am the clueless? Lol ok.

You do remember his original plan right? You know the one about marrying Arianne to Viserys and Quentyn to Dany.

You do know that his original plan (you know, the one that was in the pact that Oberyn signed with Willem Darry) was to marry Arianne to Viserys, and that he only sent Quentyn to get Dany after Viserys died? Because it makes no friggin' sense to marry both of his children to both of the Targaryens!

I also believe that fAegon and Sansa might end up together..

fAegon is already the supposed son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell, thus he doesn't really need to marry Arianne Martell to get Dorne's support, as he is supposed to be Doran Martell's own nephew..

From what we know, fAegon has already landed in Westeros and has conquered Storm Ends with a couple of Storm Lords flocking to his side..

Jon Connington has mentioned that they still have "friends in the Reach" thus a minor support from the region may be suspected..

The Westerlands and the Crownlands are still in a tight grip by House Lannister, and even sustaining loss, they are still a force to reckon with.. Plus, now that House Tyrell is exercising the most political influence, i don't think that they'll just flock to fAegon to swear fealty.. I think they'll cling on to that power being the blatant social climbers that they are..

Now, the only regions left to persuade to join the fold are the Riverlands, the Vale and the North.. and there is only one person who can hand the fealty and support of these regions in one swoop.. Yes, none another than Sansa Stark, the widely accepted heiress of the North (or if Rickon Stark is brought back, then sister to the Lord of Winterfell), heiress presumptive and niece of Edmure Tully, rightful Lord of Riverrun and first cousin to Robert Arryn, Lord of the Vale and kin to houses Royce, Waynwood, Corbray and Templeton..

Not only that Sansa is politically astute and is very intelligent, not to mention she is one of the most beautiful women in the kingdoms.. Yes, she is currently married to Tyrion Lannister but it was a forced arranged marriage that was never consummated, plus Tyrion has already wed to Tysha, so to deem their marriage to be null and void can be easily done..

I have always thought that fAegon was based on Henry Tudor, Earl of Richmond, a young nobleman of royal bastard line who was exiled to a foreign land to one day sail back home with an army while Sansa is based on Princess Elizabeth of York is to one day marry a king-to-be to legitimized and strengthen his claim to the throne..

You do know that his original plan (you know, the one that was in the pact that Oberyn signed with Willem Darry) was to marry Arianne to Viserys, and that he only sent Quentyn to get Dany after Viserys died? Because it makes no friggin' sense to marry both of his children to both of the Targaryens!

You are right I had mistaken it. But there is no problem with it especially if we remember the last time Dorne and the Targs had made league when both Daeron and Daenaerys had married a Martell.

Troll, it is then.

Sure ok, if you say so.

I think people are forgetting Doran planned for Quentyn to have Dorne and Arianne to take the Iron Throne as a royal consort. Now he plans for Arianne to have Dorne and for Quentyn to be the consort. Arianne is obviously taking on a leadership role as a Princess of Dorne.

Anyway, it's been said by Arianne she has the power to declare for Dorne. If she's wrong it means Doran lied for no reason (why come these theories always involve people lying for no good reason?). If she decides to wage war with Aegon and Dorne doesn't respond... Would be quite embarrassing.

Arianne will meet Aegon soon,.

Arianne is hotter than Sansa.

Arianna is a woman, Sansa is a child.

Arianne is Aegon's cousin, Sansa is the daughter of a traitor.

She'll seduce him easily, even if Aegon and Sansa meet each other he'd still chose Arianne over a 13 years old girl.

The only way for fAegon to marry Sansa is if Jon Connington tell him to do it, and considering how he is fond of Rhaegar I doubt he'd be happy to marry fAegon to Ned Stark's daughter.

Arianne will meet Aegon soon,.

Arianne is hotter than Sansa.

Arianna is a woman, Sansa is a child.

Arianne is Aegon's cousin, Sansa is the daughter of a traitor.

She'll seduce him easily, even if Aegon and Sansa meet each other he'd still chose Arianne over a 13 years old girl.

The only way for fAegon to marry Sansa is if Jon Connington tell him to do it, and considering how he is fond of Rhaegar I doubt he'd be happy to marry fAegon to Ned Stark's daughter.

Jon Connington is not overtly fond of Elia either, so he may project those feelings on Arianne (even though both women couldn't be more different, but when it comes to Rhaegar the man is hardly rational)

But like I said, the fact that it seems so predictable makes me think Martin is planning a twist

Jon Connington is not overtly fond of Elia either, so he may project those feelings on Arianne (even though both women couldn't be more different, but when it comes to Rhaegar the man is hardly rational)

But like I said, the fact that it seems so predictable makes me think Martin is planning a twist

I think the twist is that Aegon will marry Arianne. :lol:

Sansa would do anything for a lemon cake.

Aegon, who we only know through Jon Con and Tyrion's perspectives, has only shown to respond to challenges. Arianne is more likely to challenge him it seems.

It would make little political sense for both members of a marriage to establish themselves by coming out of secret identities. Sansa and Aegon also have significant family feuds barring their way. Family feuds might not have stopped Juliet from falling for Romeo, but Juliet didn't blame the Lannisters for the death of her entire family, or beware the stories of Targaryen madness.

With that said, Sansa would still do anything for a lemon cake.

You don't understand the situation: Doran's plan to make Quentyn king consort is already in motion. He cannot send Arianne to be Aegon's queen consort without upsetting his original plan. He's not worried about Dany marrying Aegon: that's the Golden Company's plan. Doran would have to know Quentyn failed before he have up on him.

I am quite sure Arianne will marry Aegon but not because she was ordered to. I don't believe Doran will have anything to do with it when the time comes.

Doran didnot give any shit to Quentyn's mission. He could have at least given him that giant dragon book that he gave to Arianne. That mission was a total failure, I think he meant it to fail. Whatever his original plan, fAegon is in Westeros and has a better claim than Dany and it looks like his hand is free.

Doran didnot give any shit to Quentyn's mission. He could have at least given him that giant dragon book that he gave to Arianne. That mission was a total failure, I think he meant it to fail. Whatever his original plan, fAegon is in Westeros and has a better claim than Dany and it looks like his hand is free.

Quentyn wasn't meant to play with Dragons. He was meant to bring Dany back. If you are suggesting Doran sent him on a pointless chase across continents then you need to back it up with some kind of evidence. Otherwise it's simply crackpot, a wild one at that.

I was thinking that fAegon was going to be Margery's next husband(after Tommens death) fAegon and Margery rule till Dani comes. :)

Then kinda hoping dead husband #4.

Dani coming to Westeros By way of The Vail with Sansa/Tyrion/Hill Tribes??

Just my wishfull thinking

Archived