5 Reasons Why I Think a Sansa/Aegon Match is Coming

Good Guy Garlan

I think its not fAegon.

Its Jon Snow that will be the Targaryen husband. Sansa was always distant from Jon and called him her bastard brother. There are some Ghost imagery in Sansa chapters. There are pomegranates in both Sansa and Jon's chapter. Sansa has a new found respect for Jon after pretending to be a bastard.

Because maybe Aegon/JonCon think Dorne should help them without expecting a marriage in return, since Aegon is supposed to be Elia's son.

As for the North, it's a good point, but like I said, Aegon could help restore Edmure as lord of RR by attacking the Freys (who are also the North's enemies and have several important northern hostages). So I think a Rickon-lead North would feel compelled to help Aegon win the throne, especially since it would mean fighting Lannisters. And even if the North renounces to its independence, Sansa being queen of the IT would be a hell of a consolation prize

Timing has to be perfect for that to happen with the North. Aegon's gonna start his conquest of the rest of Westeros soon, and he's first gonna to be tackling the South.

And what if Edmure is saved before Aegon can get to him? Since Jeyne Westerling is going to be in the next Prologue, people have theorised that it's going to involve Edmure's rescue.

Doran has sent Arianne to see if Aegon's real, so he plans to marry her to him if so. If they think he is real then Doran will want to help his "sister's son" win the throne, and also marry his daughter to him, as he planned to with Viserys.

Also Sansa's historical parallel is Queen Elizabeth I, who never married or had children. Sansa will be like this she'll grow up not marrying anyone, which is an ironic twist on her past self, who wanted nothing more than to marry a Southern knight and have many children with him.

The Ashford Tourney parallel is interesting and compelling. It's unlikely that the pattern is simply an odd coincidence, though I think that possibility does exist. But to me, what stands out is that Aegon is probably a Blackfyre. Does that matter though? You could make the argument that Blackfyre = Targaryen, so what's the difference?

I think its not fAegon.

Its Jon Snow that will be the Targaryen husband. Sansa was always distant from Jon and called him her bastard brother. There are some Ghost imagery in Sansa chapters. There are pomegranates in both Sansa and Jon's chapter. Sansa has a new found respect for Jon after pretending to be a bastard.

I wondered about this myself. If R+L=J is widely revealed, then they would be first cousins. But still, some people would probably still think of them as half-siblings.

First up, the Tourney at Ashford

Summary:

In D&E, Lady Ashford's last remaining champions are:

1. Lyonel Baratheon

Leo Tyrell

Tybolt Lannister

Humfrey Hardyng

Prince Valarr Targaryen

1. Sansa's first betrothed to Joffrey Baratheon

2. Sansa's then planned to be wed to Willas Tyrell

Sansa's married to Tyrion Lannister

Sansa's now being betrothed to Harry Hardyng

Only a Targaryen is missing

Forgive me if I seem bemused and puzzled. I can't see the connection between coincidences when you're referencing Lady Ashworth and Alayne Stone (Sansa). Champions to suitors? I don't think so.

For the rest, as Lyanna is blood to Sansa, the chance of resemblance is high. That's about all there is to be said. The rest is folly.

When was the plan made to be wed to Willas? It was a suggestion made from cruel thoughts.

What happened with the previous Targaryen-Stark attempt? Who tempts fate?

Aegon's being manipulated by Jon Connington, who will have grudges held for Baratheons and Houses connected, including Stark and Arryn. Stone is a bastard name from The Vale. Potential Kings wedding bastards? No chance for either Sansa Stark or Alayne Stone.

Don't forget LF's links with Baratheons and Arryns. No amount of sweet talking would win anything from JonCon.

Aegon is with The Golden Company. That would indicate Blackfyre not Targaryen influence. JonCon is also a disgraced former member of TGC, which seems to have been ignored.

Forgive me if I seem bemused and puzzled. I can't see the connection between coincidences when you're referencing Lady Ashworth and Alayne Stone (Sansa). Champions to suitors? I don't think so.

For the rest, as Lyanna is blood to Sansa, the chance of resemblance is high. That's about all there is to be said. The rest is folly.

When was the plan made to be wed to Willas? It was a suggestion made from cruel thoughts.

What happened with the previous Targaryen-Stark attempt? Who tempts fate?

Aegon's being manipulated by Jon Connington, who will have grudges held for Baratheons and Houses connected, including Stark and Arryn. Stone is a bastard name from The Vale. Potential Kings wedding bastards? No chance for either Sansa Stark or Alayne Stone.

Don't forget LF's links with Baratheons and Arryns. No amount of sweet talking would win anything from JonCon.

Aegon is with The Golden Company. That would indicate Blackfyre not Targaryen influence. JonCon is also a disgraced former member of TGC, which seems to have been ignored.

JonCon was not disgraced! that was a ruse for everybody to believe he was dead.

Neither Davos and Manderly, Sam and Arya, Victarion and Dany or many others. But there they are.

None of those pairings are tied together. They just met up (or not) and then part ways. Im still not seeing a relationship. Political they each got different agendas; Aegon wants the Throne, Sansa wants to go home and never see King's Landing again. Not to mention the fact they're, for now, backed by Varys and LF who I don't see working together to match up their prizes.

Besides the do they really match as a couple? I mean sure if Sansa was still in her earlier mindset it might be more fitting but now she completely rejects the idea of a handsome, prince charming which for now is all Aegon seems to be. What Im trying to say is there any hard proof? Kinda hard to get 'evidence' but I need more than just a tourney that happened decades ago. I never read D&E so did the woman even marry the Targaryen?

None of those pairings are tied together. They just met up (or not) and then part ways. Im still not seeing a relationship. Political they each got different agendas; Aegon wants the Throne, Sansa wants to go home and never see King's Landing again. Not to mention the fact they're, for now, backed by Varys and LF who I don't see working together to match up their prizes.

Besides the do they really match as a couple? I mean sure if Sansa was still in her earlier mindset it might be more fitting but now she completely rejects the idea of a handsome, prince charming which for now is all Aegon seems to be. What Im trying to say is there any hard proof? Kinda hard to get 'evidence' but I need more than just a tourney that happened decades ago. I never read D&E so did the woman even marry the Targaryen?

The tourney actually is all about potential suitors/betrothals.None of them marry her. And circumstances make strange bedfellows ;)

I think that the notion that Doran will somehow support FAegon without gaining anything from that is at least ridiculous, childish and naïve. No matter whose child is FAegon needs Dorne in order to prove his identity and no matter who the Doran will believe that he is he will marry him to Arianne and because Doran can give him something that no other supporter can he will have to marry her.

I think that the notion that Doran will somehow support FAegon without gaining anything from that is at least ridiculous, childish and naïve. No matter whose child is FAegon needs Dorne in order to prove his identity and no matter who the Doran will believe that he is he will marry him to Arianne and because Doran can give him something that no other supporter can he will have to marry her.

Might also depend on how he feels about marrying his daughter to his nephew.

I know Sansa is stupid. But is she stupid enough to marry into the family who killed her uncle and grandfather? Even Sansa isn't that stupid, it won't happen.

I am not invested in marrying Sansa to anyone, but for the record, families don't kill anyone; people do. All the people who killed her uncle/grandfather are dead, and fwiw their deaths are made remarkable for how they died, not that they did. Legally, Brandon was guilty of treason and, depending on what he said about Brandon's actions, Rickard may well have been likewise.

Why not? I mean why he had to feel something more than his daughter becoming the Queen?

Not sure I understand, but if you're asking 'why not?' my answer: it depends on whether and how strongly he is opposed to incest. I am not taking a position on whether he is, or should be, but merely mentioning it might be a factor.

Not sure I understand, but if you're asking 'why not?' my answer: it depends on whether and how strongly he is opposed to incest. I am not taking a position on whether he is, or should be, but merely mentioning it might be a factor.

Cousin marriage it not incest.

What you mean? he's finally having his revenge against.... He's finally getting to kill...

Erm....

Huh?

I honestly can't remember the distinction, but you're probably correct. Tywin and Joanna were cousins; were they 1st? I can't recall.

Yes first. Tytos and Joanna's father Jason were Gerold's children.

Archived