Dorne Appreciation Thread

Chebyshov

I love the Dornish story line. I wish it had been in the early books. I can't wait to see what Lady Nym and Tyene get into in KL. Cersei is going to freak out over Lady Nym on the small council and I can't wait! Besides Dany, Dorne has become my favorite plot.

I love the Dornish story line. I wish it had been in the early books. I can't wait to see what Lady Nym and Tyene get into in KL. Cersei is going to freak out over Lady Nym on the small council and I can't wait! Besides Dany, Dorne has become my favorite plot.

What's the Westerosi equivalent of pearl clutching?

"A Bastard! On MY Small Council! Well, I never!"

What's the Westerosi equivalent of pearl clutching?

"A Bastard! On MY Small Council! Well, I never!"

Well, Aurane Waters was on the small council for 2.5 seconds before he stole all the ships and ran away to be a pirate. It's more another female! A person Cersei can't use her vagina to manipulate. And especially, a female that so far seems much more intelligent and dangerous than Cersei will be able to tell. (And a bastard female at that). I can't think of another female that's ever sat the council besides Cersei.

Well, Aurane Waters was on the small council for 2.5 seconds before he stole all the ships and ran away to be a pirate. It's more another female! A person Cersei can't use her vagina to manipulate. And especially, a female that so far seems much more intelligent and dangerous than Cersei will be able to tell. (And a bastard female at that). I can't think of another female that's ever sat the council besides Cersei.

Cersei really loves to aggressively criticize people for things that she has done like 3 seconds ago. I believe that in one of her AFfC chapters, she calls Lady Merryweather a whore right after she fucks one of the Kettleblacks to get him to do something.

For people discussing which country does Dorne resemble more... As a Spanish myself, there are quite a lot of similarities between medieval Spain and Dorne. In fact, they are really close. The South of Spain is nearly a desert (many western movies have been filmed there. Kingdom of Heaven, Ridley Scott's most underrated movie, was filmed here for many scenes. And it's a movie about the Conquest of Jerusalem by the Muslims, right before the Third Crusade), as is the South of Dorne, and the North, really close to the United Kingdom in both looks and customs, as is the North of Dorne, very similar to the Andals.

The differences between the people are really close as well with the Dornish differences. Right now, although the differences are still big, they are not as big as they used to. In the Middle Ages, Northern Iberian people were completely different than the Southern Iberian. I'm from the north part of Spain; I'm actually as Caucasian as anyone can be. Many of my friends from Andalucia look Latin American. That's quite normal here. And this is 500 years after the Moors left the peninsula. Imagine 1000 years ago.

The warfare is actually close too. The term "guerrilla", as you know, is Spanish as well.

For people discussing which country does Dorne resemble more... As a Spanish myself, there are quite a lot of similarities between medieval Spain and Dorne. In fact, they are really close. The south of Spain is nearly a desert (many western movies have been filmed there. Kingdom of Heaven, Ridley Scott's most underrated movie, was filmed here for many scenes. And it's a movie about the Conquest of Jerusalem by the Muslims, right before the Third Crusade), as is the south of Dorne, and the north, really close to the United Kingdom in both looks and customs.

The differences between the people are really close as well with the Dornish differences. Right now, although the differences are still big, they are not as big as they used to. In the Middle Ages, Northern Iberian people were completely different than the Southern Iberian. I'm from the north part of Spain; I'm actually as Caucasian as anyone can be. Many of my friends from Andalucia look Latin American. That's quite normal here. And this is 500 years after the Moors left the peninsula. Imagine 1000 years ago.

The warfare is actually close too. The term "guerrilla", as you know, is Spanish as well.

Thanks for the info! Makes me want to read up on more Spanish medieval history.

For people discussing which country does Dorne resemble more... As a Spanish myself, there are quite a lot of similarities between medieval Spain and Dorne. In fact, they are really close. The south of Spain is nearly a desert (many western movies have been filmed there. Kingdom of Heaven, Ridley Scott's most underrated movie, was filmed here for many scenes. And it's a movie about the Conquest of Jerusalem by the Muslims, right before the Third Crusade), as is the south of Dorne, and the north, really close to the United Kingdom in both looks and customs.

The director's cut is underrated. The theatrical cut was a disaster.

I think we can all agree that Dorne is awesome, no matter what real ice cultures inspired it.

:agree:

Cersei really loves to aggressively criticize people for things that she has done like 3 seconds ago. I believe that in one of her AFfC chapters, she calls Lady Merryweather a whore right after she fucks one of the Kettleblacks to get him to do something.

Just an aside- that's what I love about Cersei. She's just so unapologetically hypocritical and crazy. She amuses me.

Rhaenyra sat in the council too.

I'm looking for Tyene with the high sparow.

But women on the SC were very few and far between, and never has Cersei had to deal with a woman on "her" council. Cersei hates women. It'll be fun to see her with Lady Nym who is so different than Cersei.

And Tyene with the HS will be gold! I can't wait!

Thanks for the info! Makes me want to read up on more Spanish medieval history.

If anything my country has is a rich history. Sometimes a nasty one, but rich and vast.

For example, the mobilization rate during the Reconquista was around 6-7%. That's insane. Like, completely insane. If you ask BBE of E-Ro, they'll tell you how crazy that is. Our history is kind of separated from most of the European history till the 15th century.

The director's cut is underrated. The theatrical cut was a disaster.

I think we can all agree that Dorne is awesome, no matter what real ice cultures inspired it.

I wouldn't call the threatrical cut a disaster: it was clearly a messed up movie, but still with some brilliant moments

The director's cut is as good as Gladiator if you ask me.

But women on the SC were very few and far between, and never has Cersei had to deal with a woman on "her" council. Cersei hates women. It'll be fun to see her with Lady Nym who is so different than Cersei.

And Tyene with the HS will be gold! I can't wait!

I'm curious who will be our PoV window for Tyene, but I'm absolutely thrilled we'll most likely be getting Nym from Cersei's perspective. Fun fun times ahead.

I'm curious who will be our PoV window for Tyene, but I'm absolutely thrilled we'll most likely be getting Nym from Cersei's perspective. Fun fun times ahead.

We can take a drink every time she uses a gendered obscenity and be drunk in three pages!

I'm curious who will be our PoV window for Tyene.

Like or not, we would probably not see much of her, hopefully she shows up at a funny moment with the HS as he does something against Cersei.

Archived