Five theories I don't believe in

HosteenOsteen

"It was the dragons we married" - doesn't mean the Starks have Targ blood, but could mean the Targs have Stark blood. Marry a Stark daughter off to the Targs and her descendants will not be Starks, they will be Targs. Indeed that seems more likely, the original dragons were conquerors, why would they give away their daughters/women to the people they conquered? No they would demand daughters from the conquered - and likely only for lesser relatives so as to not taint the direct line of the throne.

"It was the dragons we married" - doesn't mean the Starks have Targ blood, but could mean the Targs have Stark blood. Marry a Stark daughter off to the Targs and her descendants will not be Starks, they will be Targs. Indeed that seems more likely, the original dragons were conquerors, why would they give away their daughters/women to the people they conquered? No they would demand daughters from the conquered - and likely only for lesser relatives so as to not taint the direct line of the throne.

Or that Lyanna married a dragon aka Rhaegar and their son is still alive.

In my mind Sansa still believes in princes and in knights and this line says it all.

'Frog-faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered, There are no heroes, and she remembered what Lord Petyr had said to here, here in this very hall. "Life is not a song, sweetling", he'd told her.

I can see Jon passing the kingdoom to her since she is the adult and Rickon is just a child.

Jon has too much of Ned in him to pass over Rickon. Even if Bran and Jon abdicate Rickon is still above her in the line of secession which Jon nor Bran will ignore. Sansa will help Rickon rule but it is extremely unlikely that she'll be Qitn. Also Sansa is 13 so not the adult.

That Jon Snow's real name is "Viserys Targaryen" or any Targaryen name at all

Dany is the Prince that was Promised.
Cersei, Jaime and/or Tyrion are not Tywin's children
Howland Reed being The High Sparrow.

Daario is Benjen Stark

They were conquered, every region join Aegon's kingdom willingly some just actually put up a fight for their thousand year dynasty

You would you have put up a fight if kneeling meant that your family would still rule? Outnumbered and out-dragoned?

I wouldn't have fought. Those assholes have dragons. Maybe weirwood arrows can hurt a dragon, but fuck that noise I'm kneeling.

Curious about this one: can you explain why?

There is a Frey garrison and presumably Daven's army will be camped outside, in my opinion it is nonsense to think a rag tag organization is going to be able to sneak pass or slaughter Daven's forces and that a few possibly loyal Tully servants and a singer will be able to overpower the Frey garrison. Not to mention with the Frey heir just being killed a coward like Emmon Frey is going to be on high alert.

There is a Frey garrison and presumably Daven's army will be camped outside, in my opinion it is nonsense to think a rag tag organization is going to be able to sneak pass or slaughter Daven's forces and that a few possibly loyal Tully servants and a singer will be able to overpower the Frey garrison. Not to mention with the Frey heir just being killed a coward like Emmon Frey is going to be on high alert.

How many men does Devan have with him? It's supposed to be small, like 500 men right and the Frey garrison is a skeleton garrison, right? Have you heard about the mysterious beacon fires in the surrounding area-and the possible connection Stark remnants left behind by Robb.

Nymeria's wolf pack might make a move and that could be the Red Wedding. I doubt Nymeria and her wolf pack are just going to continue wandering around the Riverlands. They've been doing it since the first book. It's about time they do something.

The Starks do have blood of the dragon. They get it through the female line from intermarrying into houses that have blood of the dragon. From the vale house Royce. I doubt seriously that Daemon wed his bronze bitch and she didnt have a few drops of dragon blood. I doubt seriously bloodraven would have gone out of his way to arrange a marriage between a blackwood cousins and the starks if he didn't have an idea that both dragon and greenseer/first mens blood wasn't going to be important

5) I agree, it's been pretty well established that in the books if you actually hear the plan opposed to seeing it unfold it won't work. Littlefinger has to fail at some point, his luck has been uncanny, if he lives much longer I'll love the book a tiny bit less. And Sansa ' story has to lead someplace. Taking down Littlefinger will be the ultimate power play.

5) I agree, it's been pretty well established that in the books if you actually hear the plan opposed to seeing it unfold it won't work. Littlefinger has to fail at some point, his luck has been uncanny, if he lives much longer I'll love the book a tiny bit less. And Sansa ' story has to lead someplace. Taking down Littlefinger will be the ultimate power play.

Yes this is very well said, Sansa's story needs a payoff, and Littlefinger getting his comeuppance will be it, This is one of the strands of TWOW I am most looking forward to reading.

1) That Jon Snow's real name is "Viserys Targaryen" or even that there was enough time or forethought to give him a Targaryen name at all.

2) That there is a GNC that is anything but anti-Bolton, not pro-Stannis, but not anti-Stannis either.

3) That the Starks have any Targaryen ancestry,

4) That Stannis will be the Night's King,

5) That Littlefinger's plans for Sansa will get anywhere (I think the plot is: Sansa sees through them).

Now I am sure I will be wrong on a couple of these, at least, it is just my intuition at this point, and perhaps I am just being too cautious. I know most others here disagree.

His name is AeJon. Haha. What's GNC?

I don't belive most theories... Anyway here's 5:

1. R+L=J (add extra a points if accompanied by "Rhaegar did not kidnap Lyanna..." or stuff like that)... Now don't burn me at the stake
  2. X, Y or Z is Azor Ahai, The prince that was promised.... and will save the world (yes Dany I'm looking at you... also move to the side, I can't see Stannis (I can hear you grinding your teeth) and Jon)
  3. Secret Targs... this quite angers me sometimes ... I mean seriosly?... You know what... let's rename this forum "A song of crackpot and secret Targs"
  4. The Northern Conspiracy: mates, the lords are consipiring... but only to make sure Stannis wins not to try to be independent again. This theory is purely wishful thinking
  5. X is actualy Y (Howland, Sador, Tywin, Euron... you know the drill)... ok GRRM needs to hurry up before we start thinking that dead characters are actualy alive and half a world away... oh wait

I consider most of the fantheories found here either as wishful thinking, fanfiction or crackpot

Archived