Five theories I don't believe in

HosteenOsteen

I mean, there's plenty of theories I don't believe in (Mance = Rhaegar, H+A=M+J, a baby other than Jon walked out of Lyanna's vagina, Howland was the KOTLT, Dany is going to sleep through the WW invasion because ants). There's no dearth of implausible theories on this forum, and the ones I just listed are actually ones that at least look at textual support (unlike Bran warging Hodor and raping Meera).

1. Tywin was poisoned.

2. Cersei and Jaime and/or Tyrion are Aerys’ kids, not Tywin’s.

3. Syrio Forel is alive.

4. Lyanna (or anyone else Ned remembers as dying at the Tower of Joy) is alive.

5. Rhaegar’s magic rubies.

Well not counting the really coo coo ones like Hot Pi will sit the IT cause he's secret Targ I'd say :

in no particular order

1)All Tywin's children are Targs,or some are, or one is...don't believe any of it

2)Aegon is real

3)There is ice dragon under the wall/Winterfell etc

4)Jon will be Lady Stoneheart 2.0 (too much of the same)

5)Night Watch is Lightbringer

For me:

1. The vast majority of secret identities (Howland Reed = HS, Mance Rhaegar, Daario Euron [c'mon man], Benjen/anybody]

2. Anything that denies R+L = J (Jon is Ned/Benjen/Brandon's incestuous bastard, or is really the son of Ashara and anyone).

3. The Dornish Master plan. If it takes 30 minutes of fast, one-sided talking to explain your theory, it is guaranteed to be false.

4. Anyone other than Jon is AA. TPTWP, maybe a few others. If the Last Hero is unique, that is open to more people IMO. But Jon is AA. That much is crystal clear.

5. Dany's childhood is a lie.

1) HS=HR.

2) R+L=J, at least the most common interpretation of it. There is evidence for this theory. But the perfect timing seems weird to me- that Lyanna was about to die just when Ned & Co. arrived and defeated the kingsguard, and died when she said ''Promise me, Ned...''

I would buy that, if they've discovered Lyanna's dead body or grave, or if they've found Lyanna ok yet.

3) Maegemund

4) Jon dragonrider (There was enough of Jon hype!!)

5) Ashara Dayne= Lemore

-Tywin is the dusky woman.

-Jon Snow is Rickard Stark's son.

-Cersei and Jaime are Targaryen bastards.

-Euron is being controlled/manipulated by the warlocks.

-The Others are protecting Westeros from the dragons.

What? Jon Snow Rickards son? That's one I've never heard before..

Huh? I 've lost you. The point is that Brandon most probably did had bastards "Snows" but not legimate "Starks"/

Agree. But I would prefer Daeron or Baelor or even Daemon I :devil: :devil: :devil: Tagraryen!

"Snows" are both male and female illegitimate children. GRRM expressed that Brandon did not have any sons, which would mean, no sons at all, neither legitimate nor illigitimate.

Illigitimate daughters, on the other hand, would be a possibility (and there, Ashara's stillborn daughter comes to mind ;) )

Why his eldest daughter name wasn't Visenya then?He named Rhaenys like that because her name was similar to his name while Aegon what better name for a king?He named him after kings after all,we have met at least 7 Aegons.

My personal view:

Aegon had an older son by Rhaenys, his younger wife, and a younger son by his elder sister-wife, Visenya. Maegor usurped the throne from Aenys' descendants. In addition, to cement the claim of her son, Visenya had tried to marry Maegor to Aenys' eldest child, Rhaena, so Maegor could eventually inherit the throne (or at least, have a stronger claim).

To prevent any such wars, Rhaegar, though trying to recreate the original trio, might have tried to prevent such a scenario, by ensuring that the line that should be continued (Aegon/Rhaenys), was not the line from son/younger daughter, but the line of the son/elder daughter.

Thereby making his Rhaenys the elder girl, and his Visenya the younger girl.

I think the vast majority of these theories are nonsense, made up by people with far too much free time on their hands that are reading into things that simply aren't there. The only big reveal by the time it's over will be that R+L=J, and maybe that Aegon VI is possibly a Blackfyre. It's with things like these that I'm glad writers like GRRM almost always completely ignore what over-excited and intense fans come up with in their imaginations. Like Howard Chaykin once said at ComicCon to a ridiculously stupid suggestion from someone in the audience, most of this stuff is way too fanboy-ish in the extreme to ever take seriously.

Theories I don't believe:

1. Daario = Euron

2. Benjen = Coldhands

3. Night's King = Coldhands

4. Howland Reed was warging in Jojen Reed all the time

5. Tywin was poisoned

6. Cersei threw her friend Melara down the well

7. Sam = Aegon

8. Daario = Aegon

9. Howland Reed = High Septon

10. Mance Rayder being anyone else than he says

11. The Grand Tyrell conspiracy

12. The Grand Faceless Men conspiracy

I don't believe in:

- Jojen Paste

- Grand Northern Conspiracy

- Bran staying a tree

- Stannis becoming the Night King

- Jon and Dany ending up on the throne together

- Benjen is Coldhands

- Ashara Dayne is anyone who's still alive (like Septa Mordane)

- Jaquen is Syrio

• 3 months later...

1) That Jon Snow's real name is "Viserys Targaryen" or even that there was enough time or forethought to give him a Targaryen name at all.

2) That there is a GNC that is anything but anti-Bolton, not pro-Stannis, but not anti-Stannis either.

3) That the Starks have any Targaryen ancestry,

4) That Stannis will be the Night's King,

5) That Littlefinger's plans for Sansa will get anywhere (I think the plot is: Sansa sees through them).

Now I am sure I will be wrong on a couple of these, at least, it is just my intuition at this point, and perhaps I am just being too cautious. I know most others here disagree.

1) I agree. It is total bullshit.

2) I don't think that lady Dustin plans anything against Roose or anybody. Only the Karstarks' "betrayal" towards Stannis, and Wyman's towards Roose.

3) In "The Mystery Knight" Dunk decided to go to Winterfell and fight with the Starks against the Ironborn, but as we know this didn't happen, but probably will do in "The She-wolves of Winterfell". Egg was about 13-14 years old at that time, and as we know lord Beron Stark had more daughters so Egg had to chance to mate with one of them, thus the Starks (as a House) can have Targaryen blood, but not in the main branch, since it's origined from male descendants and they are not interested in incest. So I think Targaryen blood could stir with Stark blood, but not in for example Robb's ancestors.

4) I agree. I think Stannis will be nothing but dead, and won't stand up as a wight or anything else.

5) I think too that Sansa will "betray" Littlefinger, thus his plans will shatter.

Archived