Stannis was right all along

James Steller

Yeah the thing with Cressen was wrong, even when the guy was about to sacrafice himself for him.

I still don't see stannis as an utter asshole... I think the cressen ordeal was because Stannis saw him as defying him. Since he was king yet Cressen still acted against his will (even though it was in Stannis' best interest to do so...). Remember this is Stannis, a very prickly man, and Cressens pov indicates that it is not Stannis' way to do so.

:agree: Good point. Stannis demands complete obedience, and as Cressen was expressing dissenting viewpoints, it was viewed by disobedience by Stannis. Stannis is a very frank speaker, but he's never very happy when others give him frank speech. Davos gets away with frank speech at times, but Stannis still gets furious with him.

Stannis is a very frank speaker, but he's never very happy when others give him frank speech. Davos gets away with frank speech at times, but Stannis still gets furious with him.

Stannis is just not very happy, period. It has little to do with frank speech :P I'd say he dislikes convoluted speech and false/fairweather friends worse, though. On the other hand, he does not allow disobedience or disrespect, and between all that it's a fairly fine line one has to thread.

Stannis is a very frank speaker, but he's never very happy when others give him frank speech. Davos gets away with frank speech at times, but Stannis still gets furious with him.

Like Mikkel said, 'furious' is basically his neutral. Though he does get angry at Melisandre, Davos and Jon in probably every chapter they share, he keeps them around because he values them being frank, even if he finds their truths hard to swallow at times. People who brown nose him get his usual anger, and a complete lack of respect.

Archived