What are lords from stormlands doing during the Dance of the Dragons?

BaguastanSelmy

What are these lords doing when the warfare is happening almost everywhere in Westeros?

Is there any one, any one from stormlands participating any major battles in tPatQ?

can't remember such lord from stormlands and if so it be,

Where are they after Kingslanding is taken by the Blacks?

Where are they when the Greens march upon Tumbleton?

Or maybe they just stay at home or find somewhere meaningless doing nothing and watch greens and blacks fighting to death, like what Mace Tyrell do in Robert's Rebellion?

Hard to believe they can be cut out thoroughly from tPatQ leaving no clues to tell what they are doing during the Dance...

I've been wondering that as well. It strikes me as odd for a man like Borros to just sit this war out, but maybe that's what happened? Hopefully we'll get more info with the World of Ice and Fire.

My personal belief is that they entered the war late and held the capital for Aegon II so that he could "rule" it for about six months before he died against the many Black armies marching agains him. But that's just my baseless speculation.

Byron Swann supposedly died at the hands of Syrax, and there are battles not mentioned in TPatQ. It could be Rhaenyra's forces met the forces from the stormlands, and Lord Boros was killed or beaten back to SE.

Which make no sense, how was this a book of the dance with missing battles in which "the princess" actually took part?

Which make no sense, how was this a book of the dance with missing battles in which "the princess" actually took part?

There are things not mentioned in TPatQ, GRRM says as much. The entire history of the Dance will come out in a book about the history of House Targaryen: Fire and Blood.

The final story in DANGEROUS WOMEN will be my own, a 30,000 word novella entitled "The Princess and the Queen," a history (somewhat abridged) of the Dance of the Dragons, as set down by a maester of the Citadel.

Tor.com has uploaded a sample to their site. You can find it here:

http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/dangerous-women-george-r-r-martin-excerpt

Enjoy.

(The full 80,000 word account of the Dance will eventually appear in a book, as yet untitled, that we're calling the GRRMarillion).

There are things not mentioned in TPatQ, GRRM says as much. The entire history of the Dance will come out in a book about the history of House Targaryen: Fire and Blood.

I am not questioning you or your sources, I am questioning how this is consider a account of the dance with so many holes.

I am not questioning you or your sources, I am questioning how this is consider a account of the dance with so many holes.

Yes, I agree with WMarshal. It is just so hard to believe that Martin & Dozois will just cut the entire stormlands out and leave no clues.

But I also heard of something that Dozois edit tPatQ (make 80,000 to 30,000) quite brutally……(maybe the intel source misunderstood something, but at least it is confirmed that a lot of things (e.g. some other battles happened in riverlands, the tragic duel between Arryk & Erryk, ...) have been cut out...)

I've been wondering that as well. It strikes me as odd for a man like Borros to just sit this war out, but maybe that's what happened? Hopefully we'll get more info with the World of Ice and Fire.

My personal belief is that they entered the war late and held the capital for Aegon II so that he could "rule" it for about six months before he died against the many Black armies marching agains him. But that's just my baseless speculation.

According to the mush info, Borros was killed in the Dance, so the Stormlands did get involved at one point. This could be before or after Rhaenyra was killed.

Yes, it is reasonable that they strike out after Rhaenyra is killed and help Aegon II take Kingslanding back and do things after. And if Borros is killed, it also make sense that his name or other Baratheon's name doesn't appear after Aegon III is crowned, unlike Jeyne Arryn or Tyland Lannister.

But if they attend the Dance much earlier, where can they put their army and how can they be stopped by Rhaenyra's force? I found it's difficult for the Blacks to stop another great host coming from south without loosing dragons upon them... maybe Prince Daemon have done something with Borros Baratheon?

It gives us probably most of the stuff we need to know, and that which could serve as hints for the main series.

It gives us probably most of the stuff we need to know, and that which could serve as hints for the main series.

And leaves out a crap load of information. The editing was so lazy down, Geradys is alive when Viserys is dead in Rogues, but gone that same night with already made GM Orwyle. It was lazy work and largely just should have been a whole account if at all put out.

Archived