Would Jon take the North?

KINGpanther

I know this may be a bit silly and %99.9 wont happen but say Jon Snow learnt of R+L=J and took the Iron throne and in the aftermath of victory against the Others with Jon rebuilding Westeros would he force the North to bend the knee or proclaim Rickon/Sansa King/Queen of the North? Obviously there are a lot of if's and buts.

If Jon conquers the IT (which is something I doubt he will do but like you said, hypothetically), I think he would already have conquered the North. Otherwise how else would he take the IT without the North behind him.

So my guess is, he would proclaim whichever Stark is left Lord/Lady of Winterfell.

Whoever defeats the 'others' will be the default Warden of the North, surely? OR LC of the NW. What good is a Warden/LC (who's 'special abilities' make him an ideal candidate for protecting the realm from the evils beyond the wall) if he's sat all the way South in a pointy chair?

The most agonising aspect of the story so far for me is that everyone is obsessed with who the king will be when there may very well not be a kingdom to rule if these factions do not unite against the others.

If John's a TargStark then he's better off right where he is. In fact, even if he's not. And what will all the people in KL who stitched his family say? "oops yeh, errrm, sorry about that"

Whoever plops their arse on the IT is largely irrelevant. I can't imagine JS wanting the job regardless of his abilities, achievements or blood line. JS is potentially a hero, not a king. Heroes don't sit on their arse drinking wine and stuff.

IF (massive if, I mean he could actually just be dead and if he isn't then it would be a massive waste if he left the North) he did take the IT he'd be inclined to return WF to a Stark. Starks have an affinity for warging and greendreams that make them ideal for WF. Plus a strong belief in the WW trees. The second they wander south they're no use at all. Ned, Cat, Rob none of them were suited to the sort of games the Lannisters play. The game of Thrones included.

Unless they move the IT to WF....?

Jon is Robb's chosen heir. Why he should betray him and so call give the North to a 5 yo or Sansa? And who is saying that the Northern lords after LN2.0, will be willing to follow a 5 yo or a girl?

Robb only chose John based on what he knew at the time which was...

Bran: Dead

Rickon: Dean

Sansa: Married to a Lannister

Arya: Dead

John is free to pass WF to whoever he likes IF he's alive/survives/successful.

Robb only chose John based on what he knew at the time which was...

Bran: Dead

Rickon: Dean

Sansa: Married to a Lannister

Arya: Dead

John is free to pass WF to whoever he likes IF he's alive/survives/successful.

Yada yada yada. To the point. Which one is named in Robb's will?

Baratheon or Stark? Pieces of paper don't dictate the future of Westeros.

Sure it doesn't. But when someone has been one of the major, if not the major, commanders who saved humanity, who happens to be a part of two families how somehow are *special* and who is named as the King chosen heir who on GRRTH would ever support a 5 yo or a girl?

Sure it doesn't. But when someone has been one of the major, if not the major, commanders who saved humanity, who happens to be a part of two families how somehow are *special* and who is named as the King chosen heir who on GRRTH would ever support a 5 yo or a girl?

Sexist and ageist at once. Not cool.

If, hypothetically, somehow, Jon did take the IT, here's what I think would happen: he'd proclaim the North an independent kingdom and crown one of his siblings King or Queen in the North, then find a worthy ally in the South (perhaps Stannis? idk really, I hope not,but there aren't really any other feasible candidates - someone from the Neck or Riverlands, perhaps? Or maybe he'll make form an alliance with a Targaryen when they arrive), declare them King/Queen in the South, and return to the Wall and take up his position as LC again, and do it properly this time... by that I mean focus on the Wall and NotW, maybe take leadership over the wildlings and form a peace with them, settle them south of the Wall or make NotW safe - I'm assuming the Others are gone by now.

I don't think Jon would want any part of ruling the South, if there is even an Iron Throne left to sit.

If, hypothetically, somehow, Jon did take the IT, here's what I think would happen: he'd proclaim the North an independent kingdom and crown one of his siblings King or Queen in the North, then find a worthy ally in the South (perhaps Stannis? idk really, I hope not,but there aren't really any other feasible candidates - someone from the Neck or Riverlands, perhaps? Or maybe he'll make form an alliance with a Targaryen when they arrive), declare them King/Queen in the South, and return to the Wall and take up his position as LC again, and do it properly this time... by that I mean focus on the Wall and NotW, maybe take leadership over the wildlings and form a peace with them, settle them south of the Wall or make NotW safe - I'm assuming the Others are gone by now.

I don't think Jon would want any part of ruling the South, if there is even an Iron Throne left to sit.

I'd actually prefer to see Jon rebuild the Nights Watch post Others defeat rather than Westeros.

And yeh, people will follow the leader who knows the most about the Others (Jon).

Archived