Darkstar is working for Doran

WTF's a Lommy

So Doran is ok with slicing half a face and an ear off a little girl, but killing her crosses the line? :dunno:

Also, Doran is clearly stalling any war with the Iron Throne until he knows he has the advantage, and hurting Myrcella would only bring that war sooner when Dorne is not ready

Remember what happened to Vargo Hoat when he lost an ear?

Maybe we should resist the urge to commandeer every thread we come across. We're turning into the Bloody Mummers. But, according to some, their Dornish puppets, so I guess it's appropriate.

GRRM said that nobody could have killed Myrcella in that moment, not Barristan or Arthur Dayne. I believe Doran will have Myrcella killed when his party that is heading for KL is attacked, as he knows Cersei meant to kill his son, and it will be the perfect way to do it because Cersei will know they really were attacked and that it was all her fault.

The link to Vulture king doesn't work, what's the theory?

That Darkstar will become the next Vulture King. And he may or may not steal Dawn first. Basically he'll just brood in the Boneway, and maybe proclaim Dornish independence.

TWOIAF spoiler

We learn that there have been multiple Vulture Kings in Westerosi history, which means we're due for a new one.

Well, darkstar is the most dangerous man in Dorne according to some people. If he really is that skilled he surely could pretend to kill a girl but miss and 'only' cuts her ear off. I doubt that he works for Doran though, Doran may be playing the game of thrones and he may not be the nice old crippled man everyone thinks he is, but ordering someone to wound a little girl, I don't see him do that. And it is far too risky for Dorans taste, if something went wrong, Dorne would be in deep shit. Really deep shit.

All we have is what Doran told Arianne had happened to her co-conspirators (assuming it was one of her companions that "told"). Doran would obviously have to say that ALL of her companions had been consigned to a dreadful fate if he wanted to hide the fact that one of them was the informer. We could easily find out later that one of them did not suffer the punishment that Doran stated.

Anyway, being sent to Norvos as cupbearer doesn't seem much of a punishment in the first place. Maybe that is the informer right there.

Drey is my suspect as well. He seems to have gotten off the least, and he would be serving a noble woman akin to be being fostered, so I doubt he would lack for anything. The toher clue was that Myrcella was wary of him when she met him compared to the others.

Archived