What kind of metal would the characters be?

sj4iy

So, we know that Maesters wear chains of different metals to represent the different kind of people. Noye mentioned Robert as steel, Stannis as iron and Renly as copper as an example from the text. So, I thought we might try to figure out what type of metals would represent other characters. What do you think?

I'm not up to date on various metals, but I think Dany would be silver. IIRC (from high school chemistry many a year ago....) silver has a great ability for thermal/heat conductivity with Dany being a likened to fire. Obviously she's sometimes known as the Silver Queen due to her hair.

Aren't the chains for whatever they studied at the citadel?

Yes, but I was talking metaphorically. In the story, Jon talks about how every Maester's chain is made of different metals to help remind them that people from all walks of life are needed to build a world. So I thought "What would the different characters of the story be if they represented by a metal?" Like Stannis being iron, etc.

So who would be gold, aluminum, brass, lead, platinum, etc, and why?

I'm thinking that Ned would be gold, because he's stable and can 'coat' other metals to protect them, but he's soft and malleable, and can be easily manipulated. He also shines very bright.

Melisandre- Black metal. She is all about her weird gods and burning people to death. Also she makes a lot of people angry

Robert Baratheon- Hair metal. He's all about the partying, sexing, and putting up a badass front, but he lacks substance and he didn't age well.

Ned Stark- Power metal. He takes himself very seriously and is all action, no personality. However his catchy choruses make him more likable than the others.

Euron- Doom metal. Foreboding, creepy, gloomy.

The Hound- Speed metal. He's abrasive, technically skilled, and turns every song into an aggressive pissing contest of who has the fastest chops.

Melisandre- Black metal. She is all about her weird gods and burning people to death. Also she makes a lot of people angry

Robert Baratheon- Hair metal. He's all about the partying, sexing, and putting up a badass front, but he lacks substance and he didn't age well.

Ned Stark- Power metal. He takes himself very seriously and is all action, no personality. However his catchy choruses make him more likable than the others.

The Hound- Speed metal. He's abrasive, technically skilled, and turns every song into an aggressive pissing contest of who has the fastest chops.

:lmao:

YOU WIN!! Thread/

Titanium immediately jumped into my head for Arya when I read this thread. Light and strong.

But in the setting of Westeros, yes, Valyrian steel for both of them.

I agree, both of them match the description.

Archived