Some of the house sigils are foreshadowing devices

Brynden Blackfish Jr.

That's very interesting. Sam is half Florent because of his mother Melessa and the red fox is encircled by lapis lazuli flowers. Blue roses links to Jon Snow through his mother Lyanna. If we add the detail of the white wall and the white field of the coat of arms we get a nice picture. The white in the Florent coat of arms is really ermine: «Ermine in heraldry is a "fur", or varied tincture, consisting of a white background with a pattern of black shapes representing the winter coat of the stoat.» (quote from wikipedia).

Link to The Citadel, House Florent.

Link to the wiki House Florent.

I'd forgotten that their arms are ermined. It's interesting that the Wiki version of their arms has flowers that could be roses, but the Citadel version looks like daisies that got cold.

Someone, please make a video of Sam's greatest hits to "What Does the Fox Say?".

here is a good one. House Botley's sigil is a shoal of silver fish on a pale green field. Tristifer Botley was with Asha Greyjoy when Stannis' men took Deepwood Motte. The Ironborn (silver fish) were trying to ditch the castle and get to their ships since they were stranded on land. Tristifer Botley got captured along with Asha Greyjoy and others trying to escape, after a pretty sweet battle. This is a perfect example of "fish out of water" ...not having much defense at all and trying to flop back to sea where they belong.

I'd be more inclined to go with that if he'd died via a spear.

Rhaegal roared in answer, and fire filled the pit, a spear of red and yellow. Viserion replied, his own flames gold and orange. When he flapped his wings, a cloud of grey ash filled the air. Broken chains clanked and clattered about his legs. Quentyn Martell jumped back a foot.

Rhaegal's flames were likened to a spear in the colors of red and yellow. The combination of red and yellow is orange and all these three colors are in the sigil of House Martell. Conclude what you will.

Rhaegal roared in answer, and fire filled the pit, a spear of red and yellow. Viserion replied, his own flames gold and orange. When he flapped his wings, a cloud of grey ash filled the air. Broken chains clanked and clattered about his legs. Quentyn Martell jumped back a foot.

Rhaegal's flames were likened to a spear in the colors of red and yellow. The combination of red and yellow is orange and all these three colors are in the sigil of House Martell. Conclude what you will.

Yeah but it still wasn't a spear piercing the sun's son. This is more akin to the sun killing the spear, except that Quentyn is not, and never has been compared to a spear.

I see the point, but I'd like it better if Rhaegal had grabbed a spear in his mouth and thrown it, hitting Quent, and then let loose the fire.

House Tarly has a hunstman with a bow and a dagger. Sam already killed with a dagger and now he is practicing with longbow. Euron means to sack Oldtown. Krakens and leviathans are enemies to each other. Leo Tyrell called Sam a leviathan.

:thumbsup: That's a really good one!! I saw the coat of arms of House Tarly when I was checking out the Florents' but I didn't know what to make of it. I would never expected that it was going to be Sam the one to deal with Euron. But it could really work, Sam's source of power is knowledge and Euron is a tricky one to be knocked out by force.

what Qwentyn did was straight dumb don't get me wrong, but as i was reading it, i half expected him to actually ride a dragon.

Hah, my very first thought when reading the first mention of the plan was "Dammit, he's dead" :D too bad really, cuz I kinda liked him

Archived