Things we can now accept as likely?

Tywin and Joanna came back to court to present the twins in the right timeframe for Tyrion to be born 9 months later. Along with all the hints of A + J having (had) an affair, and the fact that baby!Tyrion description is remarkably similar to the descriptions of Rhaella's miscarriages, it does make you wonder. I don't think it's proven, but a lot more likely.

How is Tyrion's description similar to Rhaella's miscarriages?

The three family trees plus the knowledge that Joanna was at KL less than one year before giving birth to Tyrion makes me think the main trio are the three heads of the dragon. The maester writes Joanna was humiliated by Aerys's comment on her breasts, so I think its more likely he raped her than having an affair with her. But most of this KL info comes from Pycelle, who is a bootlicker of Tywin.

I think we can safely rule out the twins being Targs. If there was something going on before the wedding, Rhaella took care of that by dismissing Joanna. The 2.5-3 yr time difference from Tywin and Joanna's wedding and the birth of the children makes it clear that Tywin is the father. I've seen some theories floating around that they must be Aerys' because of the gifts given to them by Aerys, but I don't think those gifts were unreasonable. The gift was gold, which Tywin already has large amounts of. Considering that Tywin had assumed the Crown's debts himself, the gifts were more of an insult.

The incident in 272 when the twins were presented at court was different. He publicly humiliated Joanna. Aerys had a habit of insulting Tywin and Tywin did attempt to return his chain of office which Aerys refused. Aerys wanted to keep Tywin close. After Joanna's 'public humiliation', Aerys suddenly accepts Tywin's resignation the next day. I think it is very possible that something as heinous as rape could have occurred...causing Aerys to accept the resignation instead of refusing it as he had before.

I don't think the ghost is a Child of the Forest. We are meant to compare her to Bloodraven I think, someone very connected with the old gods to the point she is white like the tree and red like the leaves. She's a greenseer keeping watch on the holy hill.

According to Jenny, the small woman she brought with her was a Child. If the Ghost of HIgh Heart is not a Child, then she at least has some of their magic assisting her.

I think we can safely rule out the twins being Targs. If there was something going on before the wedding, Rhaella took care of that by dismissing Joanna. The 2.5-3 yr time difference from Tywin and Joanna's wedding and the birth of the children makes it clear that Tywin is the father. I've seen some theories floating around that they must be Aerys' because of the gifts given to them by Aerys, but I don't think those gifts were unreasonable. The gift was gold, which Tywin already has large amounts of. Considering that Tywin had assumed the Crown's debts himself, the gifts were more of an insult.

The incident in 272 when the twins were presented at court was different. He publicly humiliated Joanna. Aerys had a habit of insulting Tywin and Tywin did attempt to return his chain of office which Aerys refused. Aerys wanted to keep Tywin close. After Joanna's 'public humiliation', Aerys suddenly accepts Tywin's resignation the next day. I think it is very possible that something as heinous as rape could have occurred...causing Aerys to accept the resignation instead of refusing it as he had before.

Aerys did not accept any resignation. He refused as he always had. That's why Tywin remained Hand for 9 more years.

Aerys did not accept any resignation. He refused as he always had. That's why Tywin remained Hand for 9 more years.

:lol: That's what I get for posting before coffee :p :lol: You are correct.

Do not underestimate the revisionist history of A+J=T believers. Some people also seem to think that Rhaella gave birth to deformed and twisted babies which somehow implies the deformity of Tyrion. :)

Archived