Why are so many forum denizens obsessed with rape

Dorian Martell

Might be a learning lesson for some, I for one believe if rape is proven, the man should be castrated. If it was rape/murder he should be dosed with about 50,000 micrograms of LSD and buried alive.

To give you an idea if you've never taken LSD, a normal street hit ranges from 100-300 micro gs, a dose in the 60s was about twice that, for those of us who are old enough to recall. (I am not). Basically you die a hundred deaths before you actually die.

So in order to punish someone for a barbaric act, we'll commit a barbaric act! Are you going to do the same to yourself after you're done?

In case you really care, here is one of the better threads discussing the point of rape and the way it's described in the books. You might get an idea why people think that it's a topic worthy of discusssion.

ETA: Link.

This wasn't about the act of, just why so many folks start threads about who might have or not raped whoever.

On the whole Ygritte and Jon debate. Someone closed the deal for me quite simply. As Jon was a spy at the time, he was keeping many things from many people, including consent from Ygritte. It was sketchy on her part, but not technically rape.

And that folks is a dash of irony for you. Discussing rape in an "Why are so many forums concerned with rape" discussion.

Also, you can't rape the willing, no matter how hard you may try

Might be a learning lesson for some, I for one believe if rape is proven, the man should be castrated. If it was rape/murder he should be dosed with about 50,000 micrograms of LSD and buried alive.

To give you an idea if you've never taken LSD, a normal street hit ranges from 100-300 micro gs, a dose in the 60s was about twice that, for those of us who are old enough to recall. (I am not). Basically you die a hundred deaths before you actually die.

I've known folks that took that much and were still standing and mostly lucid.

Archived