Melisandre Chapter

yankee211

I agree with Snowy on that and I will go back to a question about BR's reason for being there in that sequence. I do believe he did infiltrate her vision for the purpose of it being a warning. ...about Jon.

I think there is a plot to usher in an endless Summer and the totality of whose involved and whether they know they are a tool in this is another tale.Whatever Jon's possible Targ paternity maybe. The reality is ice chose him and as Bran has taken up his seat as Summer King so to Jon as Winter's.

There maybe forces that may benefit from him not doing that though.

• 2 months later...

Alright folks, I was just rereading ADWD and came across this chapter. I searched the forum, rather than posting a new thread about it; you're welcome. I did not read all of the comments, but I looked at the OP, and a few others. Anyways, here are my thoughts:

1) I totally missed the face in the fire, eyes, etc thing being BR. I don't think it would be BR controlling her visions, as much as the fire showing her BR.

2) The line, "I Pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow." is a major clue. It's almost too obvious to see it as Jon being AA. But, my first time through the books I didn't pick up on any of this.

3) "she heard the whispered name Jon Snow...Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again." Sure looks like Jon being stabbed, warging into Ghost, and then back into a man. I'm guessing it will be his own body, but once it's healed - while his human body is worthless and recovering, Jon will run about as Ghost and learn a bunch of cool shit that he can pick up with direwolf senses.

4) "The wooden man she had glimpsed, though, and the boy with the wolf's face ... they were his servants, surely ... his champions, as Stannis was hers." If we consider this, it would seem to pit Jon/AA against Bran/Other. I like the idea, a lot.

I loved the part where she see's Bloodraven in the flames and he looks back at her. I don't think he is on the side of the Others it's just her ignorance and the prejudice of the Red Priests. The Children of the Forrest used to give the Nights Watch Dragonglass weapons to fight the Others, i can't see them helping an agent of the Others.

I loved the part where she see's Bloodraven in the flames and he looks back at her. I don't think he is on the side of the Others it's just her ignorance and the prejudice of the Red Priests. The Children of the Forrest used to give the Nights Watch Dragonglass weapons to fight the Others, i can't see them helping an agent of the Others.

Well, they gave them 100 daggers per year according to Sam, that sounds more like a peace offering in a treaty than a gift. War reparations perhaps. I don't know, I am pretty sure the Children nuked Hardhome and the wights around the cave seem more like a security system and that whole experience was for show to keep Meera, Jojen and Bran there.

But it's how you choose to look at it.

I really like Mel's character and Jon shit on her overly hard for getting the Alys/Arya thing mixed up.

She's definitely a bad guy on the good side if that makes any sense.

Archived